IDR Dubai debt statutory demand threat texts/letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 92 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 24/01/2023 at 15:35, Lovetoteach said:

I’m just confused as I have read on previous threads here- ‘ignore idr, they are a debt collector with no authority’ I have never once read ‘contact the bank’ maybe I just read what I wanted to hear. 

I have had exactly the same experience recently 

had repeated letters for years and now this …. Also confused by the advice here as I too thought ignore was the advice. 
not sure how a Backdoor ccj can happen if they are sending to an address you’re contactable at. 

I did see a thread when a guy pleaded no contest and they didn’t hear from them so maybe a scare tactic and they backed off when their bluff was called. So hard to know but my gut says don’t engage. 
I know someone who has returned letters to sender for years and so far hasn’t had any issues with any backdoor action etc 

Yeah, I’ve been researching the company and they offer no win no fee so it seems a big gamble for them to take the legal route when they don’t know if we can afford etc. I feel this statutory demand threat is a scare tactic but I’m just not sure!

• Like 1

The bank never cooperated with me when I left either. I went to branch they told me to call and visa Versa. I got my friend to put some money in atm but then lockdown happened and I was no longer in a situation to be able to do that…

do keep this thread updated and I’ll try and do the same… problem is we don’t have people coming back and saying what has happened most of the time 

you only ignore if the original creditor is aware of your correct and current address from you in writing

dont forget advice evolves and also gets updated with greater wisdom of how the whole debt world operates.

people 99% of the time don't update their threads as nothing happened

they use us and fly away.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Btw when I say I went to the bank I didn’t expressly say I was leaving the country I asked if I could adjust payments to a plan as my job may be in 2 locations as I didn’t want them to panic and freeze my account. 
As it’s not a criminal offense anymore though is there actually anything they can do? 

pk2023

ive made your own threads for you 

please post here now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After my experience with Emirates nbd they’d deny they have any info anyway 😂

I got another letter today literally saying “it’s not wise to ignore us” you have another 3 weeks …. 

the person I know left with an initial 500k dhs loan… but sure how much was left when she left Dubai.

Mine is like 15k.

She has letters sent to her mums also since like 2017 or something.

This is what is telling me to hold off but it’s the uncertainty that makes me stress at times and probably what they’re counting on…. 

I think he means they’re just robots following processes to scare us into contact. 

click and read the backdoor ccj link

dx

and they

40k or literally 40dhs? Lol

so am I. It could be the wrong path but so far all is pointing towards that being the right move. 
I read years ago when I first got a letter that often you can be paying these people and then people weren’t paying it off or something… it’s all very confusing. This is why I chose not to engage with IDR initially - plus they never provide any proof of debt they just send generic letters so surely they have to do that before they can take you to court ….

least we can update each other anyway. Keep me posted 

2 minutes ago, Lovetoteach said:

I wish 40dhs! Sorry 40k. I agree, the letters are exactly the same as everyone else’s and not even signed by a name. We could be paying ‘IDR’ and enbd know nothing about it

for sure. Try not to stress! (Telling myself haha)

This is exactly my thought. I did think it may have been dx who warned of this a while ago but wasn’t sure. 

I don’t have the money anyway so regardless if I make contact or it goes really far… I cannot pay so I’m not stressing anymore. 

Even if we ride out this time it’ll happen again as the person I know has had letters for years. So far they’ve been empty. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another chaser letter this morning. Less wordy and aggressive but still threatening SD and bankruptcy etc. Nothing by way of proof sent this whole time, just standard letters. Thought I’d keep you updated. 

They also text me every couple of days too 

dont forget block texts and use 7726 report as spam

and they

I seem to only be able to block the number but it comes through anyway. I have an iPhone. Do you know how I do what you suggested…. Sorry not very savvy 😂🙈

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

WWW.NCSC.GOV.UK

How to report suspicious text messages, and what to do if you think you’ve responded to a scam text.

SUPPORT.APPLE.COM

In Messages on iPhone, block unwanted messages, filter messages from unknown senders, and report junk or spam messages.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Got another letter today. 1 week count down. I think if its not handed to me then I will 100% ignore. If its handed to me then how do I find out if its legit? Do I contact the court mentioned or something?

I dont have my own thread; love to teach and I are in exactly the same situation so have been updating each other here. 

if its handed to you by a process server then it would be real.

but you'll get it in the post i bet,, just  a threat.

as i said before anyone can down load the form , it has nothing to do with a court, they dont know,

if you look in the london gazette where all bankruptcies are listed.

you will find as someone did last year there have only ever been i think 3?

dx

and they