Evri lost and damaged 2 phones worth +£500 - court claim issued **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I sent two items with Evri a couple of weeks back (two mobile phones).

The one item was shown as delivered, however, the recipient did not receive the item (the recipient is a friend and is trustworthy).

I clicked on “proof of delivery” and the only thing shown was a GPS image of the location that I sent the item to but nothing more. 

The second item is saying that “item has been damaged beyond repair in transit” but they haven’t given me any further details.

I have tried to contact Evri regarding this but it seems impossible to speak to anyone either online or on the telephone. 

I believe these items were on Evri’s “non-compensation” list so I’m just wondering if there’s anything that can be done at all.

hey are worth around £500 so it’s a lot of money to lose out on.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. 

Regards. 

Yes you can get your money back for both lost parcels .

We will help you .

Please spend at least a day and maybe more for reading lots of the stories on the subform and you will soon understand how it all works and what the principles are .

When you think you understand the way forward then come back here and we will guide you through the process

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri lost and damaged 2 phones worth +£500

Hello BankFodder,

A lot of information to digest in the forum but I believe I now get the gist of it. 

Please can you take a look at my Letter of Claim and let me know if you believe it to be satisfactory: 

LETTER OF CLAIM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to make a complaint regarding two items that were sent using your courier service:  

The first item is a mobile phone with a value of £370. Tracking number = ****************. The item was declared as “delivered” however, the recipient did not receive the item. The “proof of delivery” was also unacceptable as it only displayed a GPS location image and nothing more which I do not accept to be a “PROOF” of delivery. 

The second item is also a mobile phone with a value of £120. Tracking number = ***************. The item was declared as being “damaged beyond repair in transit” however, you have not provided any evidence that my item has been damaged or offered to return the item back to me which, again, is not acceptable. Even if the item has been damaged, the item is my property and should have been returned back to me. 

You have stated that these particular items are under the “non-compensation” list, however, under the Consumer Rights Acts 2015 this is regarded as treating a customer “unfairly” and, as a courier service, you have a duty of responsibility to provide a “satisfactory” service to consumers. 

Bearing these things in mind, I am seeking compensation from you for the value of both items:

£370 + £120 = £490 

Plus postage costs: £3.29 + £3.29 = £6.58 

Total compensation = £496.58 

If full compensation is not received by the 1st February 2023 then I will be escalating the matter to a Court Claim

Yours sincerely,

Sorry but you clearly haven't fully done your reading .

Where items are damaged and then apparently destroyed without your permission, it requires an additional approach .

Please continue reading and check back tomorrow

I have read some of the posts hence why I learned about the Letter of Claim that needs to be sent to the courier.

There is a huge amount of posts in regards to the courier company Evri and I am trying my best to juggle multiple responsibilities at the moment.

I didn’t mention anything about my goods being disposed of. All I’ve been told is that my parcel has been damaged beyond repair but they haven’t supplied me with any evidence regarding this and I’m finding it impossible to speak to an Evri representative.

If you could direct me to the page/post that will assist me in the additional approach that you say I will need concerning damaged goods it would be much appreciated. 

Regards 

I'm sorry but I will not be able to direct you to the particular post. But there are several threads dealing with damaged property which then apparently is lost .

It is clear but if they inform you that property is damaged, but they know where it is and who it belongs to .

This means that you should also be suing them for the retention of your property .

I'm sorry that you are in a position where you are juggling several responsibilities at the same time .

You should understand that we are ordinary people as well and we also have our various responsibilities which we are trying to juggle .

We are offering a free service in our own time and which is highly effective and with much better results than resolver or citizens advice etc .

None of us get paid and I'm afraid that we expect people who come to us for help also to help themselves.

The end of the day, by empowering yourself you will become stronger and more confident about what you are doing.

This will help you win

I will try to locate those particular posts on damaged goods and come back tomorrow.

I do appreciate you giving your time to help others with a free service.

I would gladly donate to this organisation if you are able to assist me in receiving compensation for my losses. 

Regards 

• Like 1

use our enhanced google search box.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks I will do some further reading up on Evri

Could I just ask do the same rules apply with Royal Mail?

I posted two mobile phones recently with them and they have also gone missing.

They are worth around £700 in total,

however, I only sent with 1st class signed for which offers a maximum compensation of £50.

I just wondered if they would also be liable to give full compensation for loss of items. 

create a new topic please.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

open

please update this thread now you are back.

dx

and they

7 hours ago, Mans1910 said:

I ended up making a Court Claim against them and was able to get most of my money back, after a long drawn out process.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri lost and damaged 2 phones worth +£500 - court claim issued **RESOLVED**
  • dx100uk locked this topic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks