StyX Vs RBoS

StyX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All the letters you need are in 'Templates' and 'step-by-step' which I'm certain you must just be forgetting because I KNOW you've read the FAQS and aren't just blindly going along with the advice of others?

Anyway, I'll save you a few clicks and fetch you a link - here it is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

• Haha 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

News Update, no response as yet from the bank, so have sent out LBA. The only downside is i am moving in a little over 2 weeks, so i am not to sure how i am going to handle that. Hopefully it will all work out.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Styx.

Royal mail have a redirection service you can set up when you move home. I have it set up for a year @ £35 but you can have 1 month, 3 month and 6 month also.

RM just put a sticky over the envelope with the new address on.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers T4FF. I think i will be okay as although i don;t have a lace to move to yet i do have time to re-direct my statmenets and thus my claim letters.

I have had a response offering me only the charges, in full, but not the interest i was also claiming, i an kinda wondering what to do next. I have two options, accept and leave it or accept and continue to ask for the rest. I would like to do the latter but i can't seem to find the relative letter(s).

Would anyone like to offer me some of their sage wisdom, or at least point me in the right direction.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Sounds like you've found what you need, my advice would be to accept the charges as PART PAYMENT of your full claim and give them a further 7 days to pay the full amount before you intend to issue a claim for the remaider.

By the way, bridesmaids auditions are by photograph only. You say you'd look good in pink, lets see the evidence!!!:lol:

Cheers;)

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

I do look good in pink damn it!!! Okay so maybe i would need to shave my legs, and the beer belly would be a little off putting, but damn it I can do it....

Cheers for your support and help

StyX

EDIT: Weeeeeeeeee beer. My final words.

I will be proceeding with the letter i found in templates for i accept partial payment. They are gonna pay, screw with us and we will screw back

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

sounds like your doing ok styx, keep at them they will cave in but the do tend to wriggle a bit first.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

wee as in weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the sound a child would make going down a slide, if that makes sense, rather the scottish expression meaning small or urine. urine beer would taste... well like ****.

Monday i will post my response. And if i get back my interest as claimed, then some of the monies will go towards my dear departed sis. if anyone is interested i will post a pic of the resulting tattoo.

Peace and love

StyX

p.s. guess who has been drinking yet again

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

• 3 weeks later...

So i am homeless, my friends family, kinda my other family, have housed me. I have still to reply to the letter, they gave me 8 weeks, i have some time to play with.

Oh, and i have yet to post off my letter of partial acceptance

Otherwise how is everyone.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Royal Bank of Scotland;

Data Protection Team

36 St Andrews Square

Edinburgh

EH2 2YB

Reclaim Bank Charges Help Thread - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums for the full listing of other departments.

Hope that helps, if you need any more help you can pm me and then i can do what i can.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Please keep me/us informed as to how you are progressing.

My news update. I have found the letter they sent me and i have several more weeks to respond and push them to repay me in full.

I do have a question. Given i am technically of "no fixed abode" i.e. staying with friends and i have all my statements being sent to my grandparents in wales. If this gets to the small claims court, would it be in wales or where i am staying at the mo?

Hope you are all doing well. Sweetrevenge how are ya hanging?

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Hi StyX,

As far as I am aware. The address they have on their system, which is where the statments will be going, will be the country you need to claim in.

Cheers,

superward

PS Still waiting for a reply to my prelim letter. They have till this Tuesday :!:

• Haha 1

superward vs First Direct - WON!!!

superward vs RBS - WON!!!

If this gets to the small claims court, would it be in wales or where i am staying at the mo?

As long as you can receive mail at your current address then I would use that, then the court would be local to you, rather than having to travel to a Welsh court if you filed from Grannies'.

If you don't expect to be at your friends' house long enough to see this through (that doesn't actually matter if they will still take your mail for you) or you can't receive mail there, then you will have to go the Welsh route.

All the best mate

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the delay for court action is today, BUT i have been contacted by customer services who are sorting thru my claim. I will give them a few days and then simple comfirm which address teh account is at and then start the court action.

Anything think this is a **** idea, a good idea, or feel they have waste moments of their life reading the above.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Don't expect Customer Relations to be too speedy with their investigations...they should be waist deep in refund letters by now.

Perhaps write to them to let them know you are delaying your action a couple of days (state exactly how many) and keep a copy for yourself- all evidence of your reasonableness and willingness to resolve without court.

Then go ahead with the inevitable next stage...

This is the final step before court. I have the email address of the person in question, so i might just email her and ask her for a rough time frame. Then depending on her i.e. a week, 2 weeks, then i will given her that level of time with the warning that i will take it to the court level. and start sending letter with copies of the email attached. Unless you think this is a bad idea in which i will simple do was you have suggested. But i am dealing with the depart that is handling my request.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Personally, I would try to obtain some sort of timescale from them via email - a lot are doing so right now.

You have to be careful though - don't just accept their timescales....if you don't think they're reasonable then continue on to the next stage.

I think it would just be interesting to find out what they're gonna say. You can then decide what you are going to do once you have received their response.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!