StyX Vs RBoS

StyX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys and Gals, I am a newbie to this site, discovered it on Debt pron b3ta.com qotw QotW, and i love the work that has been done so far, and i was hoping for some help and to help.

I have already sent my DPA letter requesting my last 6 years worth of charges and the like. Recorded delivery, posted 13th of December.

From the statements i have, i have already worked out that the charges so far that i can work out are £596.25 (£718.85 with 8% interest).

My question are;

Does anyone know what the terminology use by RBoS is for claimable charges, i am guessing that "Maintenance Charge" is RBoS buzz word for we are going to over charge you for things like going over your overdraft limit.

Can i also include a £5 charge for every letter i send to the bank, re my claiming, i read it a couple of times on some of the post either here or on MSE.

I don't have too many questions at the mo, as this site contains 99% of the info i needed, but once i get the data back from RBoS i am sure i will have a couple of questions.

StyX

£596.25

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi styx,

welcome and good luck.

rbs notoriously put maintainence onto their terms for charges this confuses some ppl. if i were you i would claim these if they seem a high figure ie over the £5.00 mark. if you claim them and they really are for a service they will soon let you know. i personally havent charged the bank any costs as in theory they could then do the same to me if i lost a case. (unlikely). in which case theirs with solicitors etc would be much much higher than mine.

• Haha 1

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

Oh i plan to get as much of my money back as i can, i have a few blank spots in my statements, some list maintenance charges as £0, it is like RBoS are looking for anyway they can to get cash out of me. It is a former student account, and i am pretty sure that 60% of the time i was being charged, and yes it could have been bad management by me, but I do remember one occasion where i checked my balance at an ATM, said i had £20 i could withdraw, so did, got charged, checked my statements and they had debt'd my account for a Switch transaction from the weekend (it was a monday) and that meant i went over my overdraft. I am tempted to try and claim interest charges the charged for being over my o/d.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

bank charges and credit card charges refunded call free... 25-30% for doing a reclaim on your behalf... you guys here could make some cash, charge a small fee, or a percentage for helping (is the claim is very small) and then fund this site some more. Oh wait that is what the donation button is for.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

styx,

you will get your refund in full and one thing to remember is they might wriggle a bit but you are right and they know it lol.

you can claim o/d interest but only the part due solely to charges it takes a lot of working out. i havent bothered as the monatary value to my claim wasnt worth the time i would have spent working it out. you can only charge the bank what you have lost ie not interest on money you have spent. if you get to any point in your claim and need help just ask there is a lot of help on this site. donations are not compulsory but very very welcome and keep the site going for everyone. when you win please donate if you can every little helps:D

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

If i win they i will donate a few bucks... well £'s.

I am doing an 8% interest charge, i will see if i can work out the interest charges, I will need to see what the paperwork is like. Would be quite useful if i new what they are going to look like.

Good luck with your endeavors

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

If i win they i will donate a few bucks... well £'s.

I am doing an 8% interest charge, i will see if i can work out the interest charges, I will need to see what the paperwork is like. Would be quite useful if i new what they are going to look like.

Good luck with your endeavors

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Hello

I have a few questions.

My account was open in Scotland, but i now live in London, where my statements are sent, but the account is still technically held at my old scottish branch.

Do i list my branch as the Scottish one or the one i have the most dealing with here in london?

Do i fall under England & Wales or Scotland, due to where my account is held?

Also give the majority of the charges were accumulated while i was resident in Scotland, will that make difference?

Thanks in Advance

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

On a random note, if anyone would like a free gmail account, 2Gb online inbox, and a great interface, feel free to pm me with an email addy and i will send you an invite.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Hey StyX, once you've got your head round it, does the email I just sent you qualify me for one of these?

Sweetie

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Once my brain has started to work again i can answer...

there it goes.

It did make sense, i will have to read it again, and possible again and again.

You are a star, thany you for all your help today.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, A little up date, got my statements thru the post today, had a quite look, last 17 months £468 worth of charges, and counting.

I would like to say thanks to sweetrevenge for her support so far and i am only at step 2.

I will hopefully have a more details list of charge tonight.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

So i have been looking at my charges, i am a little unsure of a few finner points but it looks like RBoS either owe me £1,210 or £1.479 with out the 8% interest charge. I am not 100% which, but by god anything in the 1200 would be a giant step in clearing my current overdraft.

Anyone got any experience with student royalities accounts and the like.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

On a random note, if anyone would like a free gmail account, 2Gb online inbox, and a great interface, feel free to pm me with an email addy and i will send you an invite.

Can I pester you for one of these? And also, will you give me a click as well as your thanks?

Cheers!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

See the scales under my username? if you click on this, it kinda says thanks to whoever has helped you and boosts their reputation on the forum.

could you use the pm address you already have for me? if you need it again, i'll pm it.

thanks again

• Haha 1

Hi StyX hope you're ok. Looking at your s/sheet this w/end, not had chance yet.

In the meantime I came across this thread which I thought might be useful to you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/57649-rbs-list-all-charges.html

Hope it helps

Thank you, although i don;t know if they cover what i was asking. We can re-access once you have a had a look i.e. so you actually know what the hell i am going on about. I think i will have to drop some of the charges.

More thanks

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

What's wrong? Assume you two have been emailing each other....something anyone else can help with???

• Haha 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

T4FF thanks. Right news up date, sorry i have been a little bit slow and lacking info, holidays and all that, BUT thanks to lots of calm patient help from SweetRevenge, i have sent my first claim in for £2,500, it would have been half of that if SR hadn't helped explain the whole spread sheet thing. Sent Tuesday recorded del, so they have 14 days to respond.

Thanks everyone.

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Update/The story so far

S.A.R.: Sent 13/12/06, Statements recieved 08/01/07

1st Letter: Sent 23/01/07, no news as of yet. Been over 2 weeks.

2nd Letter: Preparing...

Right a fav to ask, which template would you suggest for the second letter, the 1st one i sent was supplied by SweetRevenge so i am not too sure where she got it from. I am getting the feeling i will be sending out the one that reads, "although you haven;t responded to my first letter i am still going ahead with my claim"

Cheers

StyX

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500