EPC ANPR PCN - paid but overstayed -Jackson Road, Clacton on Sea, CO15 1JA

Hi All

Another flaming Parking Charge Notice received. Think I've actually followed instructions correctly this time!

I need to go and get a photo of the sign in the car park which I will do tonight 

1 Date of the infringement 3/10/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 10/10/2022

3 Date received 13/10/2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Number plate photos of entrance and leaving

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A yet as not appealed

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Jackson Road, Clacton on Sea

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

POPLA

• honeybee13 changed the title to Parking Charge from Euro Car Parks received - Jackson Road, Clacton on Sea, CO15 1JA

Hi.

Thank you for giving us the details. I've added to your thread title to show the address of the car park.

In the third paragraph of their letter, you've left the PCN number. It would be better to edit that out to keep this anonymous.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The car was there for an hour and 15 minutes.  What do the fleecers reckon you did wrong?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So they say you stayed for an hour 15 minutes and a few seconds? They have to allow you time to find somewhere to park, buy a ticket if that applies and time to leave the car park especially if there's a queue.

Someone with more detailed knowledge than me should be able to talk you through this.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yep, the time on the PCN is the time you were in the car park, not the time you were parked. 

The government Code of Practice allows you five minutes at the start to read the signage.  And 10 minutes at the end to get out of the car park.  So you didn't overstay. 

Well, you did by ... 13 seconds.  Which is "de minimis" and laughable.

Their own trade association recognises the 10 minutes at the end but not the five minutes at the start but who cares, I'd like to see them justify this in court.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It will be the usual MO scary letters but don't ignore a Letter of Claim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...

I like it... "intent not to pay added to case".

Maybe they're getting the drift at last!😁

Oh and just put it up on the string with all your other xmas cards...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

As it is BPA Code of Practice that Euro parks follow then there is only 10 minutes extra time as BPA, wrongly , take the view that while there is a five minute consideration period, should the motorist accept the T&Cs  then the Consideration period is cancelled and does not count as extra time.

BPA Code of Practice

13.1 The driver must have the chance to consider the Terms and Conditions before entering into the ‘parking contract’ with you. If, having had that opportunity, the driver decides not to park but chooses to leave the car park, you must provide them with a reasonable consideration period to leave, before the driver can be bound by your parking contract. The amount of time in these instances will vary dependant on site size and type but it must be a minimum of 5 minutes.

13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place.

Amazingly enough the IPC take the correct approach

IPC Code of Conduct

A Consideration Period is a non-contractually binding period of time given to a motorist to read the Terms and Conditions on car park signage to make an informed choice about whether to park or not.14 Oct 2019

So the IPC include the Consideration period as well as the grace period before they issue a PCN for overstaying.  The BPA do not  which  is inconsistent with their director Kelvin Reynolds' statement some years ago .

• 7 months later...

Debt collecting agencies have no power to do anything as it's not their debt.

Laugh at them and ignore.

• dx100uk changed the title to EPC ANPR PCN - paid but overstayed -Jackson Road, Clacton on Sea, CO15 1JA

thread title updated

pdf properly named and dated

#please leave all dates and times and amounts on uploads just remove your detail and any REG/REF numbers only

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

and have ZERO  powers on ANY debt no matter WHAT it's type

await until or if you ever get a letter of claim with a reply pack want I&E

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...
On 22/09/2023 at 11:12, dx100uk said:

await until or if you ever get a letter of claim with a reply pack want I&E

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

of course

its all they can do 

just like any DCA on a consumer debt..

issue idle threats that mean absolutely ZERO, NADA...

totally, legally, powerless 

and they