Apple Air Pods Max

jjphillips
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In February this year I bought a pair of Apples AirPods Max. They worked great for about a week.

stopped connecting to my iPad.

I spoke to the online help and arranged to send them back. I was told that the fault was due to me having wore them out side in the rain. I’d have to pay for a repair. I decided to have them returned unrepaired . Then I’d have to fight this.

I got them back and discovered that they had sent someone else’s AirPods Max. I told apple that the serial number on the original box was not the same as the serial number on the headset they had sent back. I uploaded photos as requested. Then they said that they would send me a new set . I was happy with that. I was promised a number of times that I’d have the new set in two days and the representative would keep in touch. Like I said this was a long process.

It was weeks later by the time I got them. As a gesture of goodwill I could pick something from the Apple on line store upto the value of £100. Not much choice so I got the ipencil. New set works well for around a week and started with the same problem as before.

I got the email address for Tim Cook and thought it’d be a long shot. Next day I get a call from Apple who arranged for a new set. But I had lost faith that these would work and said I’d rather have a refund that I’d put to a new MacBook Pro.

They never responded to that.

I think I’ve had four sets now and the latest set are just as faulty as before. I got an email a few days ago saying that as a gesture of goodwill they would arrange the return and I’d get a full refund.

now it’s October.

Is the refund really goodwill or do I have the right to get a refund?

Thanks

4 hours ago, jjphillips said:

Is the refund really goodwill or do I have the right to get a refund?

its just the way these retailers try to hide faulty products refunds by saying its a GOGW.

i will guess originally these were an online order?

if so under your consumer rights you have 14 days to return ANY product and get a full refund for no reason.

upto 30days you can send faulty products back for a full refund.

the fact that, subsequent products also failed, does not 'break the chain'- as long as the above time limits apply each time to each replacement product.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would I be cheeky if I wanted compensation?

I’ve tried from the very beginning to just get the repair.

I had a serious penetrating brain injury a while ago. As a result I can’t use the phone. No matter how many times I said I couldn’t use the Phone they just kept ignoring my email and replying using the template email to say we feel that this matter would be better over the phone. They just wouldn’t relent. 

well any way Thank you any help.

Not within consumer law no. Only by them making a GOGW. Ironically eh?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...