Post Office Gold Cover Home Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am hoping that someone can assist

We currently have a Home insurance policy with the Post Office with the Gold package for my mum who is an elderly 77 years old and vulnerable .

On the 30/08/22, we discovered that she had no hot water and called the helpline and a claim request was made.

An engineer was assigned and arrived on the 31/08/22. He looked at the boiler and was unable to fix this as he needed a part. He removed a part and advised that he would be back the same day to fix it. Unfortunately, he did not turn up and when I called back was advised that an engineer would come on the 01/09/22.

The engineer again failed to show and decided to come on Friday. On Friday the Engineer turned up and this time he removed more parts from the boiler and switched off the water to the house and my mum is NOT able to flush the toilet, brush her teeth, use the shower or make a cup of tea.

I called on Friday and asked why it was acceptable to leave an elderly person in house without the use of a shower or a toilet? I was advised that someone would call me back and no one did. I called back on Saturday and Sunday and was promised that a manager would call me back and no one did.

On Sunday I also called the Post Office customer service number and raised a complaint. On Monday 5th September, I received a vm advising that the Engineer would visit on Tuesday September 6th between 8am and 2pm.  It is now Wednesday 07/09/22 and no Engineer arrived yesterday, however we did Manage to book her into travel lodge for one night on the Wednesday and i was advised that I would need to get any other accommodation covered by the Post Office buildings team. 

My mum is elderly and vulnerable and has had no use of the shower or toilet facilities for over a week.

If anyone can advise me on this it would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you

Might not be a great help and I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more details but I would recommend a polite complaint to [email protected]

I tend to find that if customer services is dragging slightly the executive team has a little more clout and I usually get a quick and decent response from them

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well they are going to have to pay towards alternative accommodation costs until the water supply is restored.

These Home Emergency covers that are part of Home Insurances are often not very good, as the companies that provide the claims service are stretched very thinly.  The engineers that visit often come from miles away and they don't carry all of the tools & parts to complete the work.

Make a complaint to the Post Office Insurance. Details below taken from their online policy info.

"Please decide what your complaint relates to and then refer to the “How to make a Complaint” section in your Policy booklet For Sales and Service please call 0333 443 9850, for Claims call 0345 165 0915 and for DAS Home Emergency or Family Legal Protection it’s 0344 893 0956."

The advice for future is to contact a local Gas Safe maintenance company and arrange a service/repair contract with them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

43 minutes ago, labrat said:

Might not be a great help and I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more details but I would recommend a polite complaint to [email protected]

I tend to find that if customer services is dragging slightly the executive team has a little more clout and I usually get a quick and decent response from them

Thank you. I have sent an email to Mr Owen Woodley

Hi tosh

Did this get resolved yet?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

On 12/09/2022 at 11:40, labrat said:

Hi tosh

Did this get resolved yet?

Sort of. A new boiler was was fitted on Saturday but there is damage to the worktop underneath the boiler, the roof and the floor when the kitchen was flooded.