UK Power supplies Winter 2022/2023. Are you prepared ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I think we can agree to differ without resorting to ad hominem stuff, TOR.

I’m quite sure that we can

I wrongly assumed that ,if read in its entirety,even Stevie Wonder would have been able to see the light hearted nature of my comment

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

none so blind as those who will not see

"Analyses of the shales recovered while drilling for fracking in Lancashire showed the wrong type of shale"

"Even if shale gas could be produced here at the scale needed, it would not make a dent in fuel bills. That is because the gas price is set by international markets, so any gas produced would be sold to the highest bidder and vast amounts would be needed to make any change to the gas price."

"Kwasi Kwarteng, now chancellor of the exchequer, acknowledged this in the early stages of the Ukraine crisis, when he was business secretary."

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

As Liz Truss lifts ban, experts say UK shale cannot be produced at scale and any gas produced would be sold to highest bidder

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Tory chairman of watchdog says

Fracking won’t solve energy crisis and could cause ‘serious’ damage, watchdog warns

Liz Truss urged to ‘look at the facts’ – just days before she is expected to lift three-year ban on drilling for shale gas

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Liz Truss urged to ‘look at the facts’ – just days before she is expected to lift three-year ban on drilling for shale gas

Chair od the watchdog Lord Deben,a former Tory environment minister SAID:

“The price of gas isn’t fixed by whether we get it out of British fields or the North Sea, the price of gas is set internationally,”

“If you’re really trying to deal with the cost of living crisis, these are not the solutions,”

Fracking lobbyists on the other hand said

Earthquake and environmental restrictions should be lowered and decisions made by ministers, NOT locals.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

So whats to come?

1. Truss giving lower tax rates and freedom from planning and environmental requirements to selected areas

- No doubt wealthy tory hamlets and boroughs that can use the lower tax rates to avoid planning regs to build monstrosities

- and of course fracking sites and free ports/zones

- You can be pretty sure poorer areas will be 'exempt' from any meaningful variant of these tax and regulation reliefs.

2. Maybe even separating the energy market, so profiteering energy companies cant drive up the price of renewable energy - and of course (the driver) then try to claim that fracked gas could be (not that it will be - it wont) cheap.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

We are settingf up a Community Energy group in our area, looking to how we can help mitigate the incoming disaster. A great deal here rely on oil and bottled gas for cooking and heating and the Social housing in upper village are on 1990's slimline storage heaters that cost an arm and a leg when having to boost in the daytime or early evening as all heat gone.as no gas main to over half the village

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Will do setting up meeting with local Councillor and Warm Wales representative.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hope it goes well @bn

At one stage some years ago there seemed to be fair interest in the old e7 storage heaters connected to solar panels, especially as you got the credits as well as the use

Not aware of anyone who actually did it. My houses roof has completely wrong alignment.

The Tory Legacy

Can see that working in Wales BN, have always found the majority of the Welsh on my visits to be friendly and community minded (except for Drakeford and his cabal obviously)

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Meanwhile a contribution from a retired scientist ( so I expect to be told that he knows nothing as he’s retired 😀)

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/02/time-to-hit-pause-on-net-zero/

Yes  TOR that might rattle TJ's cage somewhat.

26 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Meanwhile a contribution from a retired scientist ( so I expect to be told that he knows nothing as he’s retired 😀)

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/09/02/time-to-hit-pause-on-net-zero/

I see he's a retired atomic physicist. I don't necessarily disagree with him on atomic power because it's cleaner than some other methods. But nuclear power stations take a long time to build - 10 years plus?

Illegitimi non carborundum

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Yes  TOR that might rattle TJ's cage somewhat.

ROFL from the link:

"National Grid statistics show that in 2021 there were two periods when there was a 'prolonged and very large' shortfall in the output from renewables ..

nine days between February 27th and March 7th and the

five days between December 17th and 21st."

Not a bad reference that eh?

Imagine if we'd been foresighted enough to convert the surplus energy at other times to hydrogen, and converted a couple of Russian gas power stations to hydrogen with the green hydrogen made and stored on the site from the surplus.

_ - we'd have had no issues at all on those 14 days eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

TJ UK Gov are useless with Energy policy for sure.

The shoddiest of those policies, like fracking .. Supported ... commonly by gaslighting   😕

It needs wholesale refusal and condemnation - nothing less

- unless someone has some credible reason to support it they are prepared to declare and detail .....

asked enough times

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So we have former company CEO saying fracking won't work in UK due to geography.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/21/fracking-wont-work-uk-founder-chris-cornelius-cuadrilla

• I agree 1

And very few areas where fracking could take place and probably too much opposition. Will current Government just try to steamroller one site to go ahead and gamble on consequences being at an acceptable level. E.g. enough being extracted, minor earthquake damage and little local disruption impacting on any local population  ?

https://news.sky.com/story/over-a-quarter-of-local-authorities-in-england-are-covered-by-oil-and-gas-licences-could-fracking-come-to-your-area-12702639

There we go UB The Beadle (Rees Mogg he seems to live in Oliver Twists time) said  a review into the Seismic levels is needed apparretly Kwasi Kwarteng has ordered a review.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A report on the risk of fracking-linked earthquakes is due as ministers seek to boost energy supplies.

• Like 1

Which probably wont be released - or just a few selected lines used out of context.

Luckily it will probably be leaked as there are still people in Government who don't want to live in a poisoned wasteland just to profit some populist pals

The Tory Legacy

9 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

So we have former company CEO saying fracking WON'T work in UK due to geography.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/21/fracking-wont-work-uk-founder-chris-cornelius-cuadrilla

Corrected your headline there @unclebulgaria67 It was undoubtedly just a Freudian slip.

Somewhat comforting to see he agrees with the science i had already linked.

"He said that when Cuadrilla had operated here, it had discovered that the geology of the UK was unsuited to widespread fracking operations."

(even at their carefully selected test site)

As i repeatedly stated, there NEVER was any place in the UK that was suitable for fracking, and the original UK study was clearly 'oredered' by fracking supporters as it significantly claimed far more than the similar time US study

as already linked.

so he says that no-one with any sense would invest in a guaranteed failure

.. BUT Truss will try to force through multiple well authorisations for her fracking donors, as she can force UK tax relief/funding support paid for by UK taxpayers as unwilling investors.

perhaps it is just truss soundbiting, but she needs that fossil fuel donation money for a general election ...

Maybe she is just milking them then will betray them - she has learned from Johnson.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just a little reminder, as detailed in recent and older prior links here (current and near future costs)

Solar energy is less that 1/4 the price of Gas per Kw/h

Off shore wind is less than 1/8 the price of Gas per Kw/h

On shore wind is about 50% more expensive than off shore wind power (high cost of land a factor)

so why the high cost to UK customers?

- especially given it doesn't cost shell. BP or the renewables sources a penny more to generate the electricity or pump the gas/oil

Simple:

The way the energy market is set up, the profiteering fossil fuel companies define the cost of the market and the cost to the consumer as driven by Fwee market sell national resources to the highest bidder next day trading prices.

This is why France and the EU's limiting the cost the energy suppliers  can charge for the same stuff works better than Truss's use the UK taxpayer credit card to guarantee sellers record  profits method.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Oh and it would seem Russia is having more and more of a Vietnam moment with the reports of full flights and queues at Russian border exits since the draft notices.

The Tory Legacy

So not only do the net zero fanatics want us to freeze, they want us to starve as well 

https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/09/14/green-energy-causing-shortage-of-key-fertilizer-component/