• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

UK Power supplies Winter 2022/2023. Are you prepared ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Is fracking really a viable option in the UK ?

So how about giving some credible evidence that warrants even considering forcing high pressure chemicals, intended to literally fracture (in increasing areas) the foundations of a smallish island, should even be thought of as even worthy of a moments consideration

I even have some doubts regarding the FAR FAR safer cleaner and immensely longer lasting geothermal option, which only fractures a small area far deeper.

-  otherwise you might as well say;

Is setting fire to forests, cities, towns and hamlets of England a viable option to keep warm this winter in the UK

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

@tobyjugg2

So I guess that you are undecided about whether fracking in the UK would be on balance a good or bad thing to do ?

My reading of the fracking debate is that there are about as many pros and cons.  Personally, if I were in charge of making decisions, I would be wanting money spent on less risk energy production options, that could provide reliable enviromentally friendly energy.  With fracking, the risk of pollution on a small island and the consequential health issues that could be caused, would possibly be more costly to deal with, than the benefit derived.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

44 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@tobyjugg2

My reading of the fracking debate is that there are about as many pros

So lets hear them?

(With some realistic support)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

.., realistic support - eg cross referenced with academic sources outside industry bought reports

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Really?

So @unclebulgaria67 tell us roughly how much did the frackers pay for the damage caused by the earthquakes which stopped fracking not so long ago?

and how much has been spent at taxpayer expense in the USA cleaning up abandoned fracking wells that no longer, or NEVER did  pay profits?

You've not answered these yet either

and rather than leave a trap for some shill who might claim that theres no proof fracking caused earthquakes ...

.... despite it being obvious that frackers should be proving beyond ANY reasonable doubt they didn't and don't

WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

Hydraulic fracturing has been linked to two earthquakes in the UK earlier this year – now a report says the fracking "most likely" caused the quakes

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

@tobyjugg2

Sure that you have both of those answers to hand.  Lots of information online about fracking, but I am not equipped to weigh up the evidence.  MP's will have to carefully study all of the information, before Parliament decides whether to grant licences for test drilling sites.   The new Chancellor of the Exchequer recently said in March 2022 that he was not convinced of the case for fracking, so there may not be majority support even in the Tory party for it.

My instincts are to invest in quickest safest way to obtain energy supplies and to invest in technological research to find ways to provide energy for the future. And technology that helps reduce the amount of energy demand.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

2 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@tobyjugg2

Sure that you have both of those answers to hand.  Lots of information online about fracking, but I am not equipped to weigh up the evidence. 

really? The FACTS do speak for themselves - even just the few I've posted this time around

You clearly don't work on a basis of 'deliberately fracturing the earth we live on .. aka ... by definition generating repeated artificial earthquakes  needs some solid justification ..

Surely you wouldn't shoot yourself in the head just because somebody who would benefit from your death told you 'it wont cause any damage and will make you rich'?

Would you?

Which leaves you still short on your "as many pros" your "reading of the fracking debate" gave you confidence to post on?

Surely that wasn't empty? and if it was and is - why?

We are talking about potential extensive damage to our and our children's home

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

ENERGYPOST.EU

As fracking is starting up in the UK, Prof Richard Davies of Newcastle University writes that we can manage its risks, but not guarantee complete...

If you read the article, you will see the complexities involved.  I don't know whether there are any areas in the UK, where fracking could be done at an acceptable risk level.  And if they found such sites, whether they could actually deliver any useful supplies at a rate that would make it viable.

Well theres a quite informed report detailing why it isn't a good idea in sooooo many ways

.. despite detailing it 'could' be possible to frack without a great deal of risk of endangering people via earthquakes - if the site and people are far enough away, and enough thorough pre-drilling checks and balances are in place - which would add massively to the cost - and simply aren't.

How did you read it?

"From 2007 to 2010 he led an international team that showed that the Lusi mud volcano that caused 40,000 Indonesian’s to lose their homes was almost certainly triggered by drilling for gas rather than being a natural disaster."

"Similarly, the new research on earthquakes could one day inform a law on where exactly drilling can take place. But all these results are preliminary, using empirical data, modelling and various assumptions."

and What (apart from the actual headline) does that tell you

(I was going to save that one - but AM giving you the benefit and a pass)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

All other issues aside, including actual financial cost and damage to the environment, there are places where the risk to the environment and of damage from generated earthquakes might be minimised somewhat

eg  where the land is desert or already so polluted by the oil/shale that VERY few live for 100's miles in every direction.

So where is that in the UK?

Then we'll get on to the financial side already touched upon and the levels of taxpayer support of the development of the sites

* Then we'll get onto the simple fact that even JUST financially viable fracking (all else aside) depends on maintaining a high energy cost to the consumer, and therefore needs antagonism toward now cheaper, faster and safer implemented, and cleaner renewables

The Tory Legacy

LOL

Even TRTnews juyst now discussing the UK energy cost issues and windfall taxes on energy company 'massive profits'

'If you are on the left of the political spectrum like Keith Starmer you think its a good idea, if you are on the right and your campaigns are largely funded by gas and oil companies, you think otherwise'

The Tory Legacy

TRTworld satellite channel - Turkish news channel

I like to get a broad spectrum of opinion (and justifications for that 'reasoning) in all areas.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I also put some effort into finding free versions of info I refer, even though its clear few read them - which is often why i treat those with a modicum of the bruskness (perhaps perceived as contempt) it seems to me that they seem to deserve).

Like this when following up an reality checking info on leakages generally and additionally abandoned wells where fracking sites add an entirely new dimension to what we in the UK might consider 'brown sites' in addition

"Our study was the primary to look at the info contained within the British Columbia Oil & Gas Commission Wellbore (OCG) Leakage Database. We found that nearly 11 per cent of all oil and gas wells had a reported leak, together releasing 14,000 cubic metres of methane per day."

WWW.PRIMESCHOLARS.COM

Abstract: When land researchers discuss brownfields, often former industrial sites (e.g., steel mills), automobile shops, salvage yards, dry...

But THIS is well worth reading as a positive and realistic base as a counter along with my prior post link on the cost-benefit of the developed world going renewable and dumping fossil fuel use.

ENERGYPOST.EU

What needs to be done to develop hydrogen as a major fuel in Europe as the continent looks to diversify away from Russian oil and gas supplies...

More on the conspiracy side, with no real evidence (<- clearly stated) but I utterly believe it.

So who thinks a hydrogen formula is available that would enable a form of hydrogen, perhaps bonded with graphene/graphite among others, suitable to directly replace petrol and diesel - but hidden away with patents protecting all areas around it by the petro industry and their political puppets?

The Tory Legacy

So, when Truss starts promoting fracking as the future .... fracking shill claims aside, how much can fracking 'potentially recover' if everything is perfect and no matter the costs ....

According to the British Geological Survey, initial estimates in 2013 suggested that the Bowland-Hodder area may have held between 23.3 and 64.6 trillion cubic metres (tcm),

- but a more recent analysis in 2019 suggested the figure is closer to 4.0 tcm.

How could the BGS have got it SOOOO wrong .. 

... particularly given that the US Energy Information Administration also estimated in 2013 that the UK had a total resource of NOT 23-64tcm in one site, BUT 3.8 tcm of shale gas in Northern and Southern England - including chunks of that which would be uneconomical or physically impossible to extract

(aka at best)

I can think of no credible answer other than corruption/collusion or rank incompetence.

and whys it so different from the US - apart from all the (obviously ignorable) people living nearby on our relatively small Island? and why is even the 3-3.8tcm NOT worth the risk? - even with cost and more 'normal' environment damage aside?

- Science readily defines the differences between US mega shale sites and the UK's bent and distorted geologically complex 'potential sites ... and the very real potential for fracking disaster should heavily folded geological formations be treated the same when in proximity to large population centers.

May be environmentally active site linked, but check the guys credentials.

THEECOLOGIST.ORG

We’re 55 million years too late for hydraulic fracturing to work in the UK, claims Professor John Underhill, the chief scientist at Heriot-Watt...

Still waiting for your 'as many pros' @unclebulgaria67

I see none zip nada sweet Francis Adams ... other than profits in a handful of pockets

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

SELECTRA.CO.UK

With the fracking debate returning in light of the global energy crisis, we've laid out the main fracking pros and cons in our quick guide to...

LOL - Nothing better than expected

Now how about something that isnt BLATANTLY an energy supplier shill site

Theres even an EDF advert prominent above the blurb.

But lets take a brief look at the alleged 'pros, most of wjich have already been addressed here

Fracking Pros Fracking Cons

More gas and oil reserves <- LOL - meaningless 'more'

Water contamination

Self-sufficiency <- Nope - not enough and too high a cost and *duplicated claim

Earthquakes

Reduced coal production <- Nope, and at least as 'dirty'

Industrialisation

Jobs creation  <- NOPE not in any significant number - see US examples

Ecological destruction

Energy security  <- NOPE - not enough at too high a cost - just like north sea oil and gas and *duplicated claim

High water consumption
Reduced water intensity <- WTF is that supposed to be in any meaningful way? - Fracking might use a bit less than we would have done? - Justify it WOULD

Carbon emissions

and lets take a look at YOUR links other content:

"According to the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA), UK petroleum reserves are projected to sustain production for another 20 years or more"

- NOPE - already addressed these false claims in detail - 10 years at best, at current usage levels, if its possible at all, with US estimates lower than that.

"The UK has large enough reserves of shale oil and gas to meet national energy consumption needs for years to come. This would allow the UK to rely much less heavily on foreign oil and gas imports"

- Its not happening now with North sea oil and gas, so where is there any justification that lessor more expensive fracked hydrocarbons will eh?

"An industry review in 2014 predicted that fracking could generate over 60,000 new jobs."

- NOPE - absolute rubbish just like the apacity claims - around 6,000 is the real estimate and thats with hundreds of wells

That linked article is complete industry spin with 'suggestions; that have already been crushed as deceipt even in the few recent posts.

Now prove, with solid facts, that fracking in the form of 100's or thousands of wells generating earthquakes (by definition) is worthwhile.

*Start with ACTUAL rules that ENFORCE the competence and requirements that these articles suggest is possible (sic aint against the laws of physics) but there are NO plans, let alone requirements to implement.

* Follow up with projections based on the most likely ACTUAL total available amount, how to address the issues of location, earthquakes and how to safely frack folded geology

* Then address with a detailed plan the issues surrounding leakages and decommissioning of wells after the few years at best of fracking.

Then put it together in a supported rational and credible plan to implement fracking in even just a reasonably safe manner.

Surely thats the absolute minimum anyone or any company should have as a start?

We've not even touched on the environmental damage of burning what comes out.

You wouldn't go to change the wheel on your vehicle with a matchstick to hold it up and a pair of tweezers for the rest and simply hope for the best now would you?

Or would you.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Do I need to disassemble more of those 'suggested' 'possible' claimed pros?

the article itself utterly negates a number of the pros itself - away from the headline of course.

Need more examples?

Now I think claiming a 'pro' at the top that the article then completely negates MUCH further down, but leaves it as a pro for the schills to quote, is dishonest.

The summary should be clear with the detail proving it - not selected 'detail' highlighted with its disproving left to the suburbs of the article

So Heres the summary of that article

The pros claimed for fracking have largely all been demonstrated to be lies, wishes and deceit.

So lets see a detailed plan addressing the issues raised. You need one just to build a bungalow.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Another viewpoint from Will Hutton on current energy policy. This paragraph sums up his thoughts.

Financial sustainability could have been addressed in a number of ways. A further windfall tax could have been imposed on the extraordinary profits in the energy sector. In addition, for the duration of the Ukraine war, all gas and oil from British fields should be required to be sold to the government on a cost-plus basis rather than distorted international prices. Consumers could have been told to tighten their belts with ministers giving a lead and a rationing system rolled out if needed. There should be a state-led crash programme of building onshore and offshore windfarms, – the fastest and lowest cost route to boosting energy supplies – along with accelerating the home insulation programme.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Tories’ ideology of daffy libertarianism seeks to triumph over evidence and reason

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Above links Summarised for those for whom reading is an issue

Part 1.

* There is no legislated requirement  for any resultant fossil fuels to be used to address UK energy needs, or for anything other than being sold on the international market to the highest bidders with the profits going to the international fracking companies coffers

* The cost of fracked fuel will remain at a very high level and actually REQUIRE a high energy cost to the consumer to maintain it, and will be sold to the highest bidder on international markets

* The actual amount of potential frack fossil fuels in the UK is less than 1/10th the figures used to justify fracking - and is a relatively small amount which will actually make little difference to supplying the Uk's needs even if it were directed there. It isnt.

* The potential damage caused by fracking to local populations, local environment, and the global climate is do extreme it needs solid legal limitations and requirements defined and enforced - which simply aren't there - as they would make it even further uneconomical.

* The actual jobs created is a small fraction of the claimed jobs created - and VASTLY less and lower quality jobs than a concerted move to a renewable infrastructure which would create far more jobs across the range of expertise.

* The nature of the folded UK geology, in addition to large local populations increases the risk of catastrophic events immensely over US fracking even if the potential amounts were at US levels - which they aren't anywhere near.

* Fracking would entail forcing millions of gallons of water carrying grit and solvents to force artificial fracturing (earthquakes) in a folded UK geological structure with INCREASED potential for inducing catastrophic geological events of a number of types.

The Tory Legacy

Quite a good paper from the Univesity of Manchester on  economics of Fracking. Was issued 4 years ago, but probably still relevant information.

https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/files/65318663/Economic_viability_of_UK_shale_gas.pdf

Not even reading it as it seems unlikely you will have checked it against the issues already disproved.

Summarise it with some quality assurance and fact checking applied, and where it answers the questions already raised or raises some new points

- to show it might be even worth 10 minutes of my time, by demonstrating you have invested even that little amount of time.

just firing off links which you haven't actually properly read or commented on just demonstrates your failings.

• Haha 2

The Tory Legacy

Let's not make this personal please, TJ.

So you don't think Manchester University knows what it's talking about?

Another comment on energy policy.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Cutting heat loss from houses will be more effective in the long term than subsidising bills, according to analysis

Why bother yourself with the pro’s when only the con’s suit your narrative?

Fracking has become a necessity due to the dereliction of duty of politicians of all colours  in providing energy security whilst fawning at the feet of a Scandinavian schoolgirl 

Meanwhile China is building and opening hundreds of coal fired power stations whilst laughing at those who espouse net zero 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

China is part of the problem, how does further pollution help anything?

If the politicians were truly fawning at the feet of Greta - is that what the Mail, Express and co are saying? - they'd have made the effort with renewables to replace what gas is being used for.