Vodaphone charging me for a number I do not own!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Vodaphone have been billing me from my 'Automatic' bank account for a number I do not own.

Didn't check the account cos it's all standing orders etc, but when I did I discovered that Vodafone had been charging me for this number I didn't have or need.

After MANY MANY calls they agreed to cancel the line and I was assured that that would be the end of it.

I've just got notice that there is an outstanding amount of £56.70 that is being transferred to Zinc Credit Management, and that they will be contacting me very soon.

Also if I don't pay, I'll be subjected to an 'Estimated early termination fee of £240.26 and a 15% addition to the balance to 'cover the costs incurred in collecting the payment'!

I know vodafone record all calls, so I know they know that they agreed to cancel the spurious number, I'm just getting a little annoyed with people who do not do what they say they will!!

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

:tea::tea:One the other hand......Sod this, I'm off!:tea::tea:

this is the trouble with you not recording calls too

did you get all your money back they took on this fake number too?

if not why not??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ethel,

Yes I have another phone with them.

About May last year I renewed my contract with Vodaphone and during the process I was misled into having another number.

I was totally unaware that this had happened. I didn’t have another phone, and on checking with Vodaphone they confirmed that it had never been used.

I didn’t realise I had been billed for it because I have 2 accounts. One is the auto account that pays all the bills so I don’t ever forget one, and the other is the rest. Spends etc. I don’t really check the bill account. Lucky I did really, cos otherwise I’d have been paying for it still. after many phone calls, they agreed to stop the unused number.

Now I’ve got this letter from them detailing that they’ve transferred this bill the a set of fleecers. I could pay it, but they’ve had enough out of me, and I don’t see why I should have to pay for something I didn’t want and haven’t used!

When I discovered this I stopped the standing order. I had so much trouble getting them to cooperate, I stopped the bills.

eventually they agreed to pay me back £100, but they used that to pay the bill for my used number , and I had again to get on to them about stopping the unused number.

eventually they agreed to stop the unused number. That was the last I heard from them. Now this!

H

There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

Hi all,

I've got to the bottom of it now.

Seems they did cancel the number cos it doesn’t show on my vodaphone account any more.

just need to check if the two reference numbers match.

H

Or lose our ventures.