VCS ANPR PCN - The Airport Pub, Ringway, Manchester - DBL Legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2021, my son received a letter from DCB Legal saying that he had not paid a parking charge from 2016.

A letter was sent off asking for details.

The car park was a pay and display but the letter didn't say whether he hadn't got a ticket or if he had got a ticket and overstayed.

Prior to this letter he had not received any letter about any charge.

The letter he sent to them asked for details of the calibration of the ticket machine and asked them to check the machine that day.

After 4 years, it is unreasonable for him to still have the parking ticket as proof but, if they are expecting him to pay the burden of proof is on them.

today he has had a reply, regarding the information that he asked for saying ' 

If there are any documents that you have requested but have not been provided, it is because we have deemed the request to be disproportionate and/or not relevant to the substantive issues in dispute.

We respectfully draw your attention to paragraph 2.1(c) of the Protocol and remind you that both parties are expected to act reasonably and proportionately.

Please can anyone advise ?

please complete this:

has he moved since this incident or the car's keeper V5C address has changed?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write them a single letter .

Tell them that after the length of time you have no memory of any incident or whether you might have been the driver of a vehicle or somebody else might have been using it .

Tell them that you acknowledge the duty to be reasonable and you consider that they are not being reasonable having contacted you only for the first time after 4 years .

Tell them if they want to issue a legal action, you will be happy to defend.

Tell them that you won't enter into any further correspondence until you receive a claim form

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply, I think my son is worried that they will issue court proceedings, he is hoping to buy a house at some point and is worried that it may adversely affect this.

I will take your advice and reply

Can we get that sticky done please

and scan all comms in/out bothsides of any letters, put them in one mass pdf before anything else is done.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He is no longer the registered keeper of the car.

He left this address to live abroad in 2019 and returned in late 2021

1 Date of the infringement May 12th 2016

2 Date on the NTK  19th may 2016 ( this a copy emailed last week, my son never received this)

3 Date received Letter received from DCBL Legal on 01/07/2021-no previous correspondence 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, emailed today, no previous evidence

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no  but sent a letter disputing the charge

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up y

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] The Airport Pub, Ringway, Manchester

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Give answer here- no

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS ANPR PCN - The Airport Pub, Ringway, Manchester - DBL Legal

thanks for that

now can we have everything received bothsides and the appeal/dispute he sent and their reply please?

pop everything on ONE MASS PDF after carefully redacting.

read upload<<clickme

dx

and they

Their invoice will become statue barred from next month - bet that's why the fleecers have suddenly woken up.

He should send a SAR to VCS which is free and will tie them up as the SB clock ticks nearer.  Even better, send off the SAR without including any I.D. as they may be daft enough to write back insisting on I.D. which will delay things further.

Is the address he is at now the same as he was at in 2016?  It is vitally important to know as one of the fleecers' tricks is to send a court claim to an old address and win by default.

Regarding his house purchase, if he reacts as we suggest there will be no legal action, but in any case even if there was, he could only get a CCJ if he was taken to court, lost the court case and then defied the court and still refused to pay.  He has nowt to worry about.

Please can we have the documentation dx asked for.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

or more importantly does he have easy access to the address the car was registered at in 2016?

or

was this a letter of claim DCB(L) sent?

if it was and he replied from his correct & current address then he is safe from backdoor litigation.

dx

and they

8 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Their invoice will become statue barred from next month - bet that's why the fleecers have suddenly woken up.

He should send a SAR to VCS which is free and will tie them up as the SB clock ticks nearer.  Even better, send off the SAR without including any I.D. as they may be daft enough to write back insisting on I.D. which will delay things further.

Is the address he is at now the same as he was at in 2016?  It is vitally important to know as one of the fleecers' tricks is to send a court claim to an old address and win by default.

Regarding his house purchase, if he reacts as we suggest there will be no legal action, but in any case even if there was, he could only get a CCJ if he was taken to court, lost the court case and then defied the court and still refused to pay.  He has nowt to worry about.

Please can we have the documentation dx asked for.

Good point, I will send the SAR off, he lives here but was living abroad when the first letter came

I had a look on Google at the Pub in the airport.All  the sign at the entrance  says in 2021  is that you must pay to park. If your son instead  breached any other requirement stated on signs inside the car park then VCS cannot claim that he accepted the terms by entering the car park.