Chingford Railway station our car got hit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lL@unclebulgaria67 @stu007

Tried to speak to Arriva but they have refused to speak to me as l need to go threw TFL as the request came from them not me. 

The lady did say tho l wont get anything as the incident was March its now May beyond the 30 days.

TFL my case manager is working from home They cant transfer me to them but can send a message for them to get back to me urgently by the end of the day. They closed at 8pm and l am still waiting.

Spoke to a Neighbour who works for CAB She has advised l in writing to the CEO give them 7 days to get me the info or l take the matter further.

Now to clarify I contact the ICO about Arriva not TFL even tho l requested to TFL and TFL requested to Arriva.

Sorry was at hospital with youngest This AM and had to be a blue butted fly this PM so could only do things during the times l have not had other things to do.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

At the station it should say who is responsible for Data Protections requests for the CCTV video footage.   You could complain about whoever failed to provide within the time allowed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I did not go to chingford. I was at home with our kids and friends daughter. 

My partner and our friend went in as friend had to deal with something and instead of taking his van it was better to take car. Friend does not have a car as when he did he never drove it as he was working a lot so go rid to save cash. 

I think its best l complain about TFL as l made the request to them and then add in about Arriva. 

Now my other issue is as its beyond the 30 days what can l expect to get back from them as l dont know if footage would still be there to view nor do l know if it will show anything. 

Do l press for just the footage for now but ask if it cant be given go for compensation to cover repair costs and a bit extra for my time. Going to get up to date quotes to see how much they want to charge us. 

Oh l only went to TFL as everything l looked up said it was a TFL station nothing about arriva. 

If l had known that then l would have gone to arriva straight out. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

Well TfL Rail certainly do not make it easy to access CCTV and there website on this is disgraceful as when you look at the below link have a good read of it but (go specifically to 'TfL Rail' it states TfL Rail is operated by a concession holder on behalf of TfL, you should contact the concession holder). Except it doesn't tell you who that concession holder is nor their direct contact details as you have to go via TfL.

TFL.GOV.UK

How TfL including its subsidiaries and service providers, uses information collected via CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition

So you need to contact Tfl Rail to go via the concession holder to get the CCTV Footage as there is no actual website link as to who there concession holder is (although you have been informed it is Arriva)

So you may need to fill in there SAR to get this CCTV Footage. (on the below link go down to 'TfL's Customer Contact Centre' and download their 'TfL Customer Services Subject Access Request form')

TFL.GOV.UK

How to find out what personal information TfL holds about you

Then on these next 2 link below fill them in and make sure to add there Subject Access Request you completed (note the above link) so you add the SAR to each of those links below:

Contact us - Tube, Rail, Overground, DLR, Trams, stations

TFL.GOV.UK

Contact us about Tube, TfL Rail, Overground, DLR, Trams or TfL stations

Report criminal damage or antisocial behaviour

As I have previously stated be insistent with the Police you need to report this as a Hit and Run which is a Criminal Act so you get a reference number from the Police and it would be easier for the Police to access this CCTV Footage

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Tho when l contacted TFL on the customer srervices telephone numberthey said that yes they were responsible for the train station. They gave me a email address saying 10 days to reply as they only hold footage for 28 days. 

Well that was a waste of nearly 3 hours mostly on hold.

ICO has said they cant investigate anything other than the lack of response to my request. l would not be allowed the footage for the crash as its data protected and as my partner or l wont be in it then its not in the best interest to investigate that. 
He said it was under the DPA 

I can fully appreciate your frustration with this and the lack of assistance from from Tfl and now the ICO but the ICO are actually correct about the CCTV Footage.

This is the reason in my posts here I kept saying you need to report this to the Police and don't let them fob you off as this is plain and simple a Hit and Run which is a Criminal Act so you not only get a Crime Reference Number from them but they can Legally request to see that specific CCTV Footage for the date and approx time of the incident so please report this to the Police.

I understand you must be frustrated trying to deal with all this especially with the costs now involved to get the damage caused repaired.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

How many more times do you want me to be calling them. I have been trying to report this for weeks but no one wants to do anything. 

I have made complaints still awaiting call backs. 

You clearly dont seem to be able to understand that. 

No one gives a crap from the MET or BTP. On anything that does not make them look good. 

My partners cousin Bjorn is still waiting for the MET to come and invistagate a burglery at his mums home during lockdown 1 when she was in Denmark. Now if l remember thats a Crime as well and they are not giving a crap about that. Even the insurance company is not able to get the police out to that. 

So what more do you want me to do. How many more times a day do you want me to call them. 

Well I have been trying to assist you and the Police being of no help to you is not my fault.

So am out.

If you had been assisting me then you would have read posts and not had me repeating the same things yet again time after time. 

You tell me to make a SAR request. Point out that had you read what l put then you would notice l had done that. 

You say call the Police done that lots no one interested its everyone but them who l need to speak to. 

How come you are so unable to read and understand anything l put on any post. Even my 7 year old daughter is able to understand the words they are not interested but you cant. 

Time for The Godmother to go seek advice elsewhere, methinks (perhaps a solicitor at £150 per hour rather than someone who is giving their time for free).

I'll try (but I doubt I'll be well received):

The sort of problem you face is notoriously difficult to solve. Quite honestly the widespread use of CCTV in this country is a waste of time in many instances. As you have seen, it is virtually impossible to gain access to it and if you are lucky enough to find someone who agrees to provide it, by the time you do so it will have been overwritten.

I think you will have to suck this one up. For future reference, if anything similar happens again:

1. Report it to the police.

2. Report it to your insurers (as you are almost certainly obliged to anyway).

The police won't do anything but you'll need to do so for when you do (2). Let your insurers sort it out - it's what you pay your premiums for.

Stuff happens, I'm afraid, and sometimes the perpetrator cannot be brought to book.

• Like 1

Insurers want a crime ref number and have even said they are not suprised that the MET are being awkard. Please note this is not what she said but my way of saying it. 

Got peed off so called Arriva CEO and TFL CEO. 

Arriva called and said there cctv is only recording for 15 days before wiping. They were not aware but had TFL not took so long to pass it on then l would have had it. Tho had this matter not eventually brought it to there attention then they would not have known. They also said they dont check unless something is brought to the attention of them. 

Spoke to a local officer l know threw community work. He is also not suprised by the lack of help from the MET.  He even said they are waiting on county lines info from over a year ago. 

He has said tho that for crime prevention reasons the CCTV should be working fully and them. This obviously has not happened so he might class arriva as responsible as well as TFL for taking so long. 

I dont know if its possible but someone has to be responsible for the cctv missing or broken and messing me about. I would atleast think they should have someone or some system that checked the cctv is working. 

Tho when l last spoke to the MET on Monday, 9th May, they changed what they sais to its BTP as it happened at a train station. 

BTP have said they are only responsible for the station trainlines etc and not the car park or outside the station. 

To give to whoever legally needed it. As in insurance company, police and courts if necessary tho l would imagine this would be handed by the insurance and police. 

You can report this type of incident on line and get a crime reference without having to speak to anybody. All you need to do is that and, of course, report it to your insurers. You don't really need to give yourself all this grief by trying to obtain the CCTV (which may not help you anyway). If anybody legally needs it they will make an application for it. 

Thing is the cctv is gone.

After l contacted the CEO of Arriva and Tfl l got a call around 5pm yesterday telling me the system had a fault and that the cctv was recording for 15 days only. They dont know when it started but had nothing for the date of the incident. 

Insurers are saying they want the details given on the phone. Have also to ask for name and badge number of call handler. 

When asked why was told its policy as been a lot of fake claims. Further quieried as to why they dont check with police threw offical channels to be told they take to long. 

This way they have a name and badge number with details. 

I dont know much more. I am not the policy holder as the car is my partners but its used as the family car. He is the policy holder and been dealing with them. He gave me written authorisation to deal with TFL/arriva the police and others that might need it. He does know about this as he asked me to set it up. 

I am waiting on the formal letter to say they have no CCTV then l.will.pass it on. Insurance cant try and say were being awkard or anything then.