Aviva fraudulently processed my data without authorisation o

Titchytitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If Aviva have added debts to your credit record you can contact credit reference agencies to add notes against the records that these are disputed e.g. taken out by someone else without your consent, reported to Police.

That way if anyone looks at your record they will see notes that these debts are disputed.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

the last communication I had chasing the debt from Aviva was in dec

I've not had any further correspondence from them .

.im wondering is there a time-limit after which they write the debt off or should I be worried theyve gone quiet on me ?

I'm afraid I've been distracted with other things but I was very disappointed to see that this thread – which was meant to be a completely new topic dealing with the way that your insurance policy had been set up, was very quickly diverted into meandering discussions.

This whole story is going on a long time but my recollection is that I had always thought that the best thing to do now is to go against Aviva on the basis of inaccurate data processing.

This may be frustrating for you but I think you need to start a new thread.

This time we will try to keep better control of it – assuming that you are now in a position to focus on it

a new thread was started ive only been returning the comments sorry I didn't notice it was still on the same thread 

They sent me default notices chasing the debt in Dec when I was abroad I've mot heard anything since so wasn't sure if its been written off (do they have a time limit on debts before they write it off )

I dont know how to start a new thread would you mind starting one for me please ...and I was told to just sit tight and wait to see what aviva says in case i get court letters etc

Yes but we are now on for pages of nothing.

Please start a new thread

@BankFodder new thread as requested 

Aviva have processed my data to set up a policy in my name which my brother had set up without my knowledge

He was paying for the insurance took full use and advantage of it,  he then reversed the premiums back which aviva happily refunded back to him and are now chasing  me for the monies owed

I have been fighting this out with aviva for 2yrs last correspondence from them was in Dec 2021 default notices were sent to me and I've heard nothing since 

Do companies write the debt off after a number of years or should I be worried I've not heard back from them I was advised to sit tight and see what else they post to me before I take any action myself 

Thanks for starting this new thread.

Whether or not they write off the debt after a few years has nothing to do with this principle issue that they opened a policy in your name on the basis of some unknown third party on the telephone who didn't use the same name as you and didn't use the same address and didn't use the same bank details.
It is this data protection error which has caused the entire problem and if you would like to tackle that – the root cause – then it seems to me that your course of action is to begin a claim against them under the data protection act.

You should understand that if you are going to take this action against Aviva that they are going to make it very tough for you because it would be a very serious matter for them.

Can you just remind us about the result of the SAR which you sent to them. Please give the date that you sent it, the date they disclosed and what the result was

@BankFodder how do I do that ? And should I sit tight for now to see if I receive any further correspondence from them ?

Also if you remember extended family have offered to pay aviva back but this would be without any admittance of liability from myself 

I dont see why I should pay it back personally I've not received any money yet its all hearsay at the minute but its a potential option 

@BankFodderi hot this response in october 

Thank you for your patience in awaiting our response to your e mail dated 27th September 2021.  We have now had the opportunity to review the call made to set up the policy and have attached a transcript of the part of the call which highlights your own personal identifiable information.  As you will see from the transcript, we spoke to Mr Mohammed Zafar who confirmed your date of birth and address and that he was authorised to deal with this matter for you.

I do hope this information is useful to you and resolves any outstanding queries you may have but please do not hesitate to contact us again should any concerns or queries remain.

I have password protected the file with the same password as we have previously used.

Okay so they admit that they spoke to somebody – not your name who simply gave details which would identify you but even those with very general, simply a date of birth and an address.
I seem to remember that he used a different address for himself and a different bank account.
He also said that he would simply be the named driver on the vehicle – is that correct? Not the main policyholder

Also, did you ever asked them to disclose their data protection policy? Maybe you could be kind enough to go to their website and see if you can find a link to their data protection/privacy/due diligence policy and let us have it here.

Have they ever refused to speak to you or refuse to supply you with data?

@BankFodder  one of their advisors got nasty with me theyve tried to stretch it out as far as they can knowing they've gone wrong somewhere 

Towards the latter part of calls the staff were getting firmer in tone and not really answering the questions we asked 

WWW.AVIVA.CO.UK

Protecting your information is at the heart of our business. Our privacy policy outlines the type of...

Please can you explain what you mean when you say the adviser got nasty.

What were the questions that you were asking which they didn't answer?

Have you received Transcript of these calls?

Does this mean that there are missing transcripts?

Okay – but you have a pretty good account of them from the FOS report so that is a good start.

I think you are in a position now where either you have to begin a claim against them or you have to accept what has happened and get used to it.

Can you lay out what your losses are –

Itemised men bullet pointed fashion – actual financial losses, impact on your credit file and other effects – has impacted on your ability to get other insurance et cetera?
Give us a bit of information about the distress that you have suffered

@BankFodder when you say accept the situation what do you mean? As in sit tight and see what else aviva throws at me ?

I havent suffered any financial loss yet as it didn't reflect in my credit score

Financially I'm struggling especially since the pandemic so im not sure whether it's wise to sit tight and see what Aviva throw at us in the next couple of months  ans then decide whether we should go down the court route 

What are the worst case scenarios? Obviously in the interim if I get any money from extended family then that's also an option 

I thought the debt information was on your credit record ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@unclebulgaria67 its showing as payments been made its not showing defaulted as of yet when i did my last credit report 

how long is it before companys wipe the debt off its been 2yrs since I've been fighting aviva but there suddenly calm is worrying me u was abroad when I got default letters chasing the debt came in Dec not heard anything since

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks