Lewisham Council 4 52m PCN's - Dermody Road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone is able to help.

My friend received 4 PCN's for the same traffic contravention after driving through a road which she did not realise had any restrictions.  It was dark and she did not see any signs as she drove past. 

The Penalty Charge was issued for '52m - Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (motor vehicles).   When I looked this up for the road it was issued for,  I found this. 

A street in Lewisham may become London's least popular after 17,508 fines worth up to £2.2m were handed out to motorists for driving along it. Dermody Road is part of the capital's controversial low traffic neighbourhoods (LTN) scheme and drivers are getting caught by cameras because they say the signs are not clear.

My friend tried to appeal the 2 PCN's stating that she did not see the signs however they turned down her appeal.  She now has to pay £130 for one and the other £195 as she misplaced the letters and appealed late.  Today she received 2 PCN's stating that she needs to pay £195 however she did not receive an initial letter or subsequent letters for these PCN's.

She is currently unemployed with two young children as her contract ended after she left to have her youngest child who is 5 months old.  She is unable to pay these fines which total £715.

She previously requested to pay the two she received in instalments stating that she was unable to pay but the letter she received states that they do not accept part payments and you are unable to pay in instalments which I think is very unreasonable. 

Is there anything she can do as she does not want bailiffs turning up at her door when the costs rise to extortionate amounts.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

• dx100uk changed the title to Lewisham Council 4 52m PCN's - Dermody Road

lots of 52m threads here for that Lewisham Council road

if she did not receive the original PCN's for any of them, she can:...

also see the bailiff forum.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes lots of examples

use the right forms.

also in the local papers.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...