Claim of Statutory Interest on Salary Underpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a grievance hearing, I have been awarded a back payment of around £22k from my employer which was due to them not carrying out annual reviews and being denied the opportunity. Where do I stand on claiming any missed  pension contributions and also any statutory interest payment? The company say they do not pay interest on the arrears?

Yes. I did my own calculation and requested a re-check as there initial offer was incorrect. Its is to do with % performance pay rises in addition to the company wide pay rises so it has been a 10 year knock on effect of being incorrect a long time ago.

I would not expect interest unless you have actually been to court - it doesn't apply to internal cases.

Have you asked for pension contributions? Was this listed in your grievance?

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The pension contributions wasnt listed on the initial grievance. This coudnt be calculated until the greivance was won and the arrears were calculated and an offer of payment was recieved. This was ammended and the offer increased to what i was expecting but i feel interest should be awarded as this would have been in my account over the years.

i would assume that i could raise another grievance for the pension contributons but im guessing you think court would be the only option for any interest awarded?

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

I'd ask for them first to see if it can be resolved as part of the original grievance. No point doing more paperwork than necessary.

You've had your answer from them on interest and need to decide if it's worth the hassle of court. 

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!