EDF raised DD - meter readings way off scale!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moved in to this flat in January. Took out contract with EDF in ?FebMarch. Gave them meter readings from Feb (ECO 7) of approx R1 22000 and R4 20000. Bene paying DD £44 till Last month when they increased DD amount to £238 pm based on estimated readings and projected use for next 6 months.

Called them today to enquire about this and they asked for current R1 and R2 (or R4) meter readings (sadly I have not been sending regular readings to them), I went to the meter and R1 showed as approx 24600 and R4 at 77000! 

I live on my own in this 2 bed flat which has no gas supply and everything is electric. I cannot understand how the meter reading could jump so high, so I requested EDF to send an engineer to check if meter faulty. I also sent photos of the meter readings today.

Their response: Wait 1 week, then give meter readings again, and they will correct the INITIAL meter reading based on it! This, to me, sounds like theyre stalling and attempting to correct the initial reading to bring it in line with current readings so that they dont have to check the meter and can piossibly charge me more! 

They said that if the engineer comes out and the meter isnt fauty then I will be charged £80.

Has anyone had similar problems?

:(

Please start off by sending them a subject access request.

This is always the starting point with any problems with utilities companies.

Send it today and let us know what they return although that will take up to 30 days

Also take daily photographs of the meters

I would suggest that the way to deal with this is to start a spreadsheet and to keep your daily readings there.

You can link each entry to its corresponding photograph and you may even be able to get the thing to calculate the daily cost of what you are using