Harlands threatening court!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys, I have some worries about harlands and there requests for money and now telling me they will send debt collectors to my house if i do not pay!!

I had missed an original payment which I was willing to pay as it was a fault on my behalf and when this was due, they had taken it, put it back in and had the cheek to demand more! 

I am super worried as I am in a very bad financial state at the moment and was wondering if any of you guys could help me! 

Edited by Hernandez11
Spelling

Don't panic.

You can probably ignore it but site team colleague @slick132will be along later to advise.

Meanwhile please set out the story so that we can understand what has happened

3 hours ago, Hernandez11 said:

Hello guys, I have some worries about harlands and there requests for money and now telling me they will send debt collectors to my house if i do not pay!!

I had missed an original payment which I was willing to pay as it was a fault on my behalf and when this was due, they had taken it, put it back in and had the cheek to demand more! 

I am super worried as I am in a very bad financial state at the moment and was wondering if any of you guys could help me! 

the chances of them 'sending' debt collectors are slim to none. Even if they do, debt collector's can't actually take anything from your home, like a bailiff can. Debt collector's can only ask, not force. See:

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-collection/bailiffs-and-debt-collectors-differences.aspx

What's a debt collector?

A debt collector works on behalf of a creditor or debt collection agency. They can also be called a doorstep collector or a field agent.

Sometimes a creditor letter will mention having a debt collector visit your home. But the likelihood of this happening is actually quite small.

This could be because collection agents can’t actually take anything from your property like a bailiff can. The most they can do is ask you to make a payment arrangement on the debt. The key word here is ask, not force.

@Hernandez11
 Please tell us more about history of this debt.

How long ago did you stop paying for the gym/health club membership ?  what contract terms do you have ? 

Did you stop using the gym/club, once you could not pay ?

What about your other debts and financial problems ?  Have you obtained advice on this yet ?  Have you written a budget list showing everything you have to pay and put it in a priority order ?

This is not a priority debt, so ignore everything apart from a Court claim, if they take it that far. Unlikely, but always open all post received.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

gyms don't do court

gym accounts don't appear on credit files

a dca is NOT A BAILFF

and have

ZERO legals on ANY debt - no mater what its type.

read the letter properly it does not say WILL anything. let alone court.

have they also charged you any unlawful late payment 'fees'?

we've never seen a powerless DCA doorstepper appear for a gym debt

and even if they do

film them on your phone

tell them to leave you property or return else you'll call police 101

do not engage with them.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

get reading a good few gyms threads here in this same forum.

you'll soon get the idea....

any 'penalty fees' are unlawful.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Hernadez,

1. Is the DD mandate still in place enabling Harlands to use it to take m/ship fees and/or admin fees.

2. When did you join the gym.

3. When did the DD first fail and have Harlands now taken the amount due for the normal monthly gym fee.

4. Have they used the DD to take any admin or late fee

5. Do you want to remain a member at the gym.

Unless you can afford to remain a member, you should cancel the DD mandate via your bank immediately, to stop Harlands using it.

Don't worry at all about threats from Harlands, CRS or even any "solicitor" they use -  it's all Hot Air.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You just say to the Bank that you do not require the services from the Gym, as the reason for cancellation.

Sounds like you got talked into taking the membership and changed your mind.

These Gyms are used to people cancelling shortly after joining, so  should go quiet, if you don't do anything. But do read all post you receive.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If Harlands want the DD mandate reinstated, it sounds like you already cancelled it.

In any event, you should check with the bank and cancel the DD yourself. You simply tell the bank it is no longer required - you don't have to justify this decision to anyone.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)