A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damning ombudsman report

https://a2dominion.co.uk/

Hi

Drainage is the Landlords responsibility but they do not inspect it as part of maintenance as such even on a property inspection before a new tenant moves in all they will do is run taps, flush toilet, check shower and if it works thats it unless they spot a leak then they will report it to be fixed.

As for the Support Worker then you contact whoever appointed them and as who your new contact is don't let that drop and you make a complaint that what they promised in discussions has not been actioned. (I also hope you told the MP about this as well)

Look after yourself

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

As for the support worker matter and they have given a verbal apology and accepted all the wrong and given you there complaints process but you feel and I can totally understand where you are coming from basically just to accept it.

The above is really your decision and I can understand why due to the length of time all this with A2 and the stress it has caused you through not fault of your own and always remember that you were not at fault here with A2 nor this support worker.

Now my but with the support worker:

1. This support worker leaving and you not being allocated a new support worker until you made this complaint  should never have happened and is Maladministration on there part.

2. If you hadn't complained about this you would still be left with NO support worker to deal with all this and the help you and you would still be on your own dealing with this through no fault of your own but again due to there Maladministration.

3. With 1 & 2 above how many other people have they put in this position where they had a support worker and they either left or moved on and those individuals were as in your case left with NO support worker again due to there Maladministration.

The above are my reasons I feel you should continue to proceed down their complaints process and make the complaint as how many others have they done this to and remember all complaints need to be logged and are open for inspection.

Question?

Should have asked before, now with the Support Worker are they from A2? (something tells me no) or are they from the Council? (something tells me yes) could you clarify for me?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

Oh dear the link you mention about the support worker just looked it up and the first part I went straight to look at was their mission, vision & values which after what has happened with you being left in the dark with NO Support Worker due to their Maladministration I could rip apart.

This is the reason I mention in post#115 to make a Formal Complaint about what has happened as how many others has this happened to that you may be unaware of. (remember any Formal Complaint needs to be logged by them and on inspection can be viewed by the Charity Regulator)

This is their "Our mission, vision & values":

WWW.SHP.ORG.UK

Our mission, vision and values inspire and challenge us as an organisation.

Just so you are aware this is their "Our governance and structure":

WWW.SHP.ORG.UK

(function(h,o,t,j,a,r){ h.hj=h.hj||function(){(h.hj.q=h.hj.q||[]).push(arguments)}; h._hjSettings={hjid:2214289,hjsv:6}...

If you need any help in putting together a formal complaint letter to them  let me know. All I would need from you to put it together is:

1. Date the Support Worker was nominated to you.

2. Dates you tried to contact the Support Worker for assistance with not response from them.

3. Date you Contacted them to be given an apology and given a new support worker,

obviously I am going to add in what is on their website and use that against them and why they have NO Complaints process displayed on their website

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Haven't forgot about the letter for the Charity to complaint about Support Worker or lack of should have that done the next day or two for you.

Soz been dealing with issues with my Dad.

Hope your keeping Safe and Well

As promised here is a letter to send to the Charity about the Support Worker of lack of until you had to contact them to raise this matter.

Now feel free to amend this to suit before sending to the Charity.

Your Address

Liz Rutherfoord

Chief Executive

Single Homeless Project

245 Gray’s Inn Road

London

WC1X 8QY                                                                                                                                                         Date:            XX/XX/2022

Dear Ms Rutherfoord

FORMAL COMPLAINT

I was allocated a Support Worker from your Single Homeless Project approx. 16th October 2019 and his name was XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and up until having to make this formal complaint I thought his support was invaluable.

My property that I was in with A2 Dominion was flooded out on XX/XX/2021 and due to it being raw sewage all my belongings were destroyed and from that date till now I am still in temporary accommodation.

From the above date till now I have been fighting with A2 Dominion about this property and needed during this time the support/assistance of my support worker to advise on this.

I am still in temporary accommodation with no proper updates that is until the Housing Ombudsman got involved and even then A2 Dominion ignored the Ombudsman’s requests until I complained and pointed out there failure with the Ombudsman then all of a sudden, I am getting updates from A2 Dominion.

I did contact my nominated support worker a few times and the last occasion was on 26th October 2021 where I have heard nothing back and been left to deal with the actions of A2 Dominion myself with no assistance except for an internet forum called The Consumer Action Group who have assisted me in dealing with A2 Dominion right down to making a Complaint to the Housing Ombudsman which they are now looking into.

When I did speak to a manager to complain about no support how in an email apologised for NO support for the past 13 months and would allocate a new support worker.

Then on 14th November 2022 I contacted yourselves again about this matter and on 23rd November 2022 I got called/emailed and a text message confirming the name of my new caseworker and they would be in contact with me asap.

I also feel in my case when it comes to the Single Homeless Projects Values one of the important ones for people in my circumstances “Providing Support” I have sadly been let down especially when I really needed that support and assistance due to my property being flooded.

https://www.shp.org.uk/values

What I also can’t find even on your website is how to make a complaint or your process to do so and would like to ask to be provided copies of the following:

Complaint Policy not a leaflet

Customer Care Charter/Policy

Support Worker Allocation Policy

It does sadden me that I have to make this complaint as your service and support until this happened has been invaluable to myself and I wouldn’t wish this to happen to someone else who may be in a similar position.

I look forward to your reply.

If you wish to see exactly what I have been going through you have my full permission to pass this onto whoever my new support worker will be as it will give them a better understanding of my dealings with A2 Dominion after my property flooding with raw sewage.

All this is on The Consumer Action Groups website who on asking for help have been fantastic with their assistance and support from the start of this to date and still ongoing. All their help if free the only thing I had to do was register that simple and explain my issue

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/

Yours Sincerely

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and hope you had a good xmas & new year.

Due to the Xmas period you may not have got a response to acknowledge receipt of your complaint yet so wait until next week to see if you get anything from them.

Hope your keeping well

Hi

that's good news on SHP now just make sure and do a bullet point list of things you want to raise with them not just about A2 but also SHP actions pointing out the link I posted about SHP Values before they chat to A2.

Are SHP aware of your Topic here on the forum which explains A2 actions fully or sorry there total inaction to take responsibility for there failures until the Ombudsman's got involved all of a sudden your getting update from A2. 

Anything you mention about A2 to SHP you must point out that even if this was during the COVID-19 Restrictions that were in place the Housing Regulations had not been suspended nor were you informed even to dat of your Right to Repair and A2 still had to follow them even if that meant updating you that a timeline for repairing your property had been extended and the reason and your right under the Right to Repair Scheme. (which A2 completely failed to do even ignoring all your letters/emails of complaint in breach of their own procedures/customer care)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

That's good news about the meeting with SHP.

Make sure and do a bullet point list separating then both so that you have a list for SHP issue and a list for A2 issue this way if you may forget something you can just look at your list.

Do be as personal as to how you feel about your treatment/lack of assistance from both SHP/A2 during the entire period you have basically been left to deal with all this on your own.

You look after yourself and keep us updated

• 5 weeks later...

Hi just thought I would pop in to see how this is going and that you are keeping well.

Since you had the meeting and I let you know well certain things A2 said were basically bull and they basically lied in front of both SHP and yourself.

Did you do as suggested and let SHP know about this and if so has SHP taken this up with A2?

Just for info have a wee look at this CAG Link as it will be helpful to you in any property you ever move to, have a good read of it especially post#5 - 7 have checklists that can be downloaded (you could also pint out this link to SHP and even if they wanted our advice):

You look after yourself.

Hi

Make sure and let the chap from SHP know about that Decant Policy and what you weren't offered, yet again A2 breaching its own policy. Also make the Ombudsman aware of that Policy as well,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and also that I would have expected something from SHP chasing A2 about this oh we didn't know about the Right to Repair (big lie from A2 as they are fully aware of it) to see what excuse they came out with to SHP and yourself.

If this is still ongoing and SHP have not heard from A2 yet with a proper response then what the heck are SHP doing not chasing this up for a response and if this is the case then you need to make another Formal Complaint to SHP 

You look after yourself

Hi

If there is going to be a meeting make sure and have a list of questions that you want answered especially the fib about the Right to Repair Scheme they told you they were unaware of when it is enshrined in Housing Legislation that they would be fully aware of and with that one keep asking the question until you get an answer.

(always play it calm but keep asking your questions until you get an answer and if they try to fob you off with an excuse of we will get back to you don't accept that as they have had long enough and should be able to answer that question)

I do hope that SHP are going to be present as well and if they are make sure and ask them to minute that meeting and you would like a copy of those minutes.

The other big question is why do A2 when someone takes up a New Tenancy not inform those individuals as part of signing that New Tenancy of the reasons to have Contents Insurance and it is note in their Housing File that they have been informed as A2 didn't make you aware of this requirement when signing a New Tenancy nor can A2 show in your Housing File that this was mentioned. (if A2 refer to their website you then state the exact same again and refer it to SHP as well)

Look after yourself

• 1 month later...

Hi

Hope your keeping well just poping in to see how things are going

Any further update on what SHP are doing to resolve this with A2 as it seems SHP should be getting more pro active with this as they helped place you into that property so should take some responsibility on this.

Have you heard anything further from the Ombudsman?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just checking how things are going as still haven't heard from you since my last post and hope you are OK.

How did the meeting go and were SHP present?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for that update and that is a shocking length of time to have to wait for the ombudsman and IMO you should make your Local MP aware of these shocking timescales for the Housing Ombudsman.

I also fully appreciate that this would have taken its toll on you personally and if you need to take time out for you health then you do so as your health is more important.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and hope you are keeping well especially with what you have been through with this

Hi

I can fully understand as this has all probably taken its toll on you as its been going on that long so you just take your time and you have done a fantastic job in dealing with all this.

As for the Ombudsman I would give them a wee prompt to ask what is happening or a wee update.

You take good care of yourself

Hi

You are more than welcome for our help and support that is what we are here for.

If any update just pop in and lets use know otherwise you know where we are.

Just take care of yourself.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see if anything back from ombudsman at all?

Hi

Wow that Ombudsman decision is soo damming in it's findings and well done to you for keeping up with this as it must have been so stressful for you especially the length of time this has went on all due to the failings of A2.

Make sure they have paid you that £1,950 by that date 31st January 2024 and if not report to the Ombudsman (will look very bad if they don't)

Also make sure and get a list if costs together of your additional costs incurred due to the decant.

Just some example to include:

Transport
Food
Heating
Extra furniture as property unfurnished/bedding/fridge/microwave etc

Every little cost no matter what you add to your list you want that money back it's in that Ombudsman decision.

If A2 refuse a certain cost then you simply ask them for full clarification as to why. (will look bad to the Ombudsman if they don't give you full clarification)

I would certainly pass a copy of that Ombudsman decision onto your MP

Lastly WELL DONE and you have a good Christmas and New Year

Remember we are here if you ever need us and please pass onto others about CAG

I wont amend your thread title to resolved until you get that money and also your decant costs back

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

• BankFodder changed the title to A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damming ombudsman report

Hi

I forgot to add just so you are aware that as the Housing Ombudsman has a Memorandum of Understanding where they share serious failures I do hope that the Housing Ombudsman passes onto the Housing Regulator the Outcome of your Housing Ombudsman Decision so the Housing Regulator can look more closely at A2Dominion with it's Poor Record Keeping and Non Compliance of it's own Complaints Procedure.

The Memorandum of Understanding is in this Link:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Hope you had a good Xmas & New Year.

Just popping in to see if you have sent A2 your Additional Costs list and got proof of posting for it?

Have they given you the £1,950 yet as they only have to the 31st January 2024 as per the Ombudsman Decision? (they better not try to credit it to your Housing Association Account)

You look after yourself as this has been a long hard time for you during all this and the lack of action by A2

Hi just popping in as it is the cut off day today for A2 to have given you payment of £1,950 plus your Additional Costs as stated in your Ombudsman Decision.

Can you let us know if A2 have done the above and given them to end of play today 31st Jan 2024.

I know you would have updated us if they have paid but I just have this feeling that A2 being A2 they ain't going to play ball please lets us know.

Also I want to make sure that you are OK after all of this as I know it will have taken a massive toll on you especially how long this has been going on.

Can you also let us know if you sent that Ombudsman Decision to SHP what SHP have to say for themselves on this or are they keeping quiet on this and hiding as they have a lot to answer for as well.

Then if A2 Dominion have not paid on 1st Feb 2024 you report A2 Dominion to the Housing Ombudsman (make sure and send them the below)

A2 Dominion Failure to Comply with Housing Ombudsman Decision - Complaint 202201960, A2 Dominion Housing Group Ltd

1. Breached The Housing Ombudsman's Own Decision (Complaint 202201960, A2 Dominion Housing Group Ltd) and their Board should be held accountable and Reported to the Regulator.

2. A2 Dominion continue to Breach their own Complaints Policy as they have failed to pay £1,950 nor my Additional Costs as per the Housing Ombudsman's Decision.

3. A2 Dominion continue to Breach it's Customer Care Policy due to failure to uphold the Housing Ombudsman's Decision.

4. A2 Dominion continue to Breach their own Service Standards due to failure to uphold the Housing Ombudsman's Decision.

5. A2 Dominion continue to Breach their Equality and Diversity Policy due to failure to uphold the Housing Ombudsman's Decision.

• Like 1

• honeybee13 changed the title to A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damning ombudsman report

Hi

Hope you had a good break as it is well deserved after all this.

Thanks for the update and your kind comment but that's what CAG is here for to help people like yourself as otherwise A2 Dominion would have completely got away with what they did to you and the Ombudsman has seen through them as there decision damming.

Also note my post#154 as due to the different failings in that decision it wouldn't surprise me if the Ombudsman passes that onto the Regulator but you will not be told about any of that.

Also bear in mind this is still not finished with A2 Dominion/Ombudsman Decision as they have still to:

1. Agree your additional costs due to the decant to an unfurnished property and pay you that and inform Ombudsman.

2. Provided you with evidence that the data protection breach by them sending that email to an incorrect email address was in fact returned as undelivered and inform Ombudsman

Note with the above Data Protection Breach as BankFodder has pointed out this needs to get taken further

3. Inspect your property to ensure all repairs have been completed in full and are effective and give you/Ombudsman a copy of the report.

So until A2 Dominion have completed the above they have not complied with the Ombudsman decision as they had until 31st January 2024.

Yes you were away which was understandable as you needed a break but the ball is in your court NOT A2 Dominions so you make sure that you tell them how things are going to be done with time limits not them telling you and if they argue then just inform them of the Ombudsman's decision and you will report it to the Ombudsman as none compliance.

Now as for SHP the reason I say you need to send that Ombudsman Decision to them as they are the one's due to your circumstances at the time got you into this property with A2 Dominion so they must have some sort of for example service level agreement in place with them and probably other Housing Association.

1. Think to yourself if you had known what A2 Dominion with it's service failures of Tenants at the time and had been made aware by SHP would you have accepted that property.

2. SHP need to be made aware of A2 Dominions Service Failures for people in your circumstances that went via them into there property so they can decide whether it is acceptable to continue using them with SHP.

3. SHP need to meet with yourself to get your views on everything that has happened to get this from your view point and what can be done to improve there service/discuss issues with different housing providers of issues like you have been through and it needs to be made fully clear by SHP/Housing Providers they use that any NEW TENANT must be informed they must have Contents Insurance and the reason why.

May I also thank you for your kind donation to CAG as it will help CAG to keep helping others.

You make sure and look after yourself and keep us updated on this

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just popping in to see how this is going bearing in mind my above last post#160 and hope your keeping well.

Irrespective that you were away on a well deserved break A2 had to comply with that Ombudsman Decision and the only thing that should be outstanding and should have been resolved by is your Additional Costs which I hope they have sorted and also informed the Ombudsman as per their direction.

There is also still outstanding they had to provide evidence to both you/Ombudsman of the data breach of that email to incorrect address that was supposedly returned as undelivered and whether they should report to their Data Protection Officer or the ICO. (Note this should have been provided before the Ombudsman Decision cut off date and if NOT they have Breached the Ombudsman Decision) so get reporting that A2 to the Ombudsman.

(Note with the Data Protection issue above irrespective if they provide evidence you still need to take that further and we will help you with that and it wont be via the Housing Ombudsman

Have they inspected your property that the repairs are full and effective and provided you with a copy of the report as per Ombudsman Decision. If NOT then again report A2 to the Ombudsman.

I hope you could see my point in post#160 why to take this up with SHP as well

You look after yourself and please feel free to let others know about CAG

• Like 1