• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Name of the Claimant :           PARKINGEYE LTD Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated)   Date of issue – 22 April 2024   Date for AOS - 11 May 2024 Date to submit Defence - 24 May 2024 What is the claim for –  Claim for monies outstanding from the Defendant in relation to a Parking charge (reference *************) issued on 22/01/2024.  The signage clearly displayed throughout Welcome Break Leicester Forest East (North), Northbound, M1, Jct 21/21a, Leicester Forest, Leicester, LE3 3GB states that this is private land, managed by ParkingEye Ltd, and that it is subject to terms and conditions, including the payment of parking tariffs, by which those who park agree to be bound (the contract).  ParkingEye's ANPR system captured vehicle ******* entering and leaving the site on 16/01/2024, and parking without paying to park and parking tariffs apply after a free stay period.  Pursuant to Sch 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, notice has been given to the registered keeper, making them liable for the Parking Charge payable upon breach. What is the value of the claim? 100.00 ? Amount Claimed 125.00 court fees 35.00 legal rep fees 50.00  Total Amount 210.00 Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? No Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? Y dated 10 March 2024, no reply
    • Obviously I'm ignorant and don't know the local area - but to me the images show the front of the car entering, and the rear of the car exiting, both times. On a second point - do you have any proof of your being elsewhere during the two times they reckon you were three hours in the car park? BTW, I've just done a search and we have 81 G24 threads apart from yours.  This is a company that huffs & puffs but very rarely does court.  In fact of the 81 cases, in 79 they haven't done court In one court case sadly the Cagger didn't defend and lost by default. In the second case G24 issued a court claim ...and then wet themselves and discontinued the case once the Cagger defended.
    • Often vehicle insurers will refuse to deal with third party property damage claims. They will by lack of willing rely on the third party to use their company Insurance  and the companies Insurance would try to reclaim through your Car Insurance. Agree with Ethel, but sometimes Insurance claims staff will try to avoid additional work.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kirby vs Natwest

Rimardo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's exactly what I did and they cashed if fine.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Section G - other information:-

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

Ok, I'll have another look

The AQ isn't due to be back to the court until the 23rd - should I send it today or wait a little bit??

It's up to you when you return your AQ, but Cobbetts will more than likely submit theirs at the last minute.

Also when including my schedule of charges should I print a new copy off, with the upto date interest amounts??

You need to send the copy of the schedule as it was on the date you filed your claim. The daily interest rate will be added on by the courts.

It's up to you when you return your AQ, but Cobbetts will more than likely submit theirs at the last minute.

You need to send the copy of the schedule as it was on the date you filed your claim. The daily interest rate will be added on by the courts.

Thanks mate, I haven't got enough room to write all that you put in section G????

I may miss the middle paragraph, what do you think??

You should really try to fit all this in....it is a bit of a squeeze, but I managed to do it.

Return it to Banbury County Court as your claim will have been transferred there by the sounds of things. Is this the most local court to you?

In that case all future dealings will be with this court now.

Deller, this is what I put on my MCOL - this was before I found this forum - I am sending my AQ today, I think...

I have a contract with the defendant bank

dated x/x/19xx and which is conducted on

their standard terms and conditions. I am

claiming the return of money taken by the

defendant in the way of charges over the

last 6 years plus the interest they have

levied on those charges. The bank's charges

are a disproportionate penalty and

therefore unenforceable as they are

contrary to common law. Further, as a

disproportionate penalty they are invalid

under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977

s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer

Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2

(1)(e). In the event that the charges are

not a penalty then they are unreasonable

within the meaning of the Supply of Goods

and Services Act 1982 s.15.

I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify

their charges but they have declined to do

so.The claimant claims interest under

section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at

the rate of 8% a year from xx/x/2000 to

xx/x/2006 of £xxx.xx

Should I be worried???

It might be worth send a revised POC to the court with your AQ, also send one copy to Cobbetts making them aware that the court also had these details.

I did this and havn't had any comebacks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

It might be worth send a revised POC to the court with your AQ, also send one copy to Cobbetts making them aware that the court also had these details.

I did this and havn't had any comebacks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Ok, should I write a letter saying add this to my case? Or just have it in the envelope???

How exactly should I do it??

Thanks again!

Ask them to attach this to your claim as you were unable to fully detail your POC when submitting your claim online due to the limited space provided.

Ask them to attach this to your claim as you were unable to fully detail your POC when submitting your claim online due to the limited space provided.

Sorry to be a pain, do you have a copy of what you wrote to attach the new POC??

I want to get everything right!

The cover letter I sent with my revised POC was:

Your address

Cobbetts LLP

Ship Canal House

King Street

Manchester

M2 4WB

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Claim Number: xxxxxxxx

Account Name: xxxxxxxx

Account Number: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code: xxxxxx

Please find enclosed an amended copy of my particulars of claim which indicates exactly what I am claiming with regards to unlawful bank charges. I was unable to attach this much information when filing my claim online due to restrictions of space.

I would appreciate it if you would attach this to my claim and hope this clarifies my position.

Yours Faithfully

This was also copied to the court with my AQ.

I recieved an offer (half the amount) on Friday, I am getting ready to send my rejection letter.

Im not sure whether to include this part:

I first contacted your client regarding their unlawful charges on 12th July 2006 and therefore disagree with your contention that some of these charges fall outside the scope of the Limitations Act 1980. However I am happy to let the court decide on this matter.

In their offer letter they say:

Our client considers that your challenge to its charges would fail in Court. Our client believes that its charges are fair bla bla bla. It considers that the amounts debited to your account ahve been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with it and its published tarriff. Our client is also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that it gives to its customer about the operation of its products. As such our cliend does not believe that your claim has any prospect of succeeding.

What should I write???

I first contacted your client regarding their unlawful charges on 12th July 2006 and therefore disagree with your contention that some of these charges fall outside the scope of the Limitations Act 1980. However I am happy to let the court decide on this matter.

I would only include this part if in their offer letter they have mentioned anything about the first few charges you're claimimg falling outside the 6 year timescale.

I agree with you again Deller(!).

BUT I have learned that the relevant date for Limitations Act is the date the claim was filed.

However, if there are any queries about it, then Section 32 of Limitations Act should be quoted to them. That's the bit that covers concealment. In the initial request for repayment you should have had the phrase 'I have only recently learned....'

It's reasonable that you, as a lay person, would only become aware of the unlawful nature of the bank's charges when the OFT report came out, or when you heard about it. Anyway, don't worry. Deal with it closer to the time, if necessary. The bank tries this on whenever it can, even though it knows perfectly well that an attempt to get old items struck out because of Limitations Act would fail.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

I'm afraid it's just a case of waiting now for Cobbetts to return their AQ, 23rd I think you said the deadline was, so it will be on or around that date.

Cobbetts have returned their AQ so I'm just sat back waiting for either a court date or a cheque for the full amount, which ever comes first.....hopefully the latter. :D