Tanzarelli V's Barclaycard

TANZARELLI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But what I'm getting at is the people in the know (ie Wally) are going to say there is only 6 years worth of data because they know that's all they have to comply with. Cynical me thinks Wally is hiding behind the fact that it probably is posisble to get it another way, he just hasn't told you.

BUT if you were to approach some unsuspecting school leaver in a branch and ask tell them some rubbish about realling needing to locate some data from way back when in order to resolve a family dispute or some similar crap, will they say "well actually our databanks go back 12 years" or something similar.

Put it this way - I work for a bank (but not personal finance) and I can get back more than 6 years just by running a query on our databanks. That's not even going into archives.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See what you mean, I think. Gather up enough info, and one can get there using a "pincer" movement, maybe. I believe Natty mentioned archive departments, etc. If we are told there is no more info, but then we find there is an archive dept., aren't they getting into deep water trying to fob us off ?

I might try mentioning "Archive Department" in my ongoing DSAR sagas, and see if that acts as a laxative. Anybody know how to find out if a particular bank actually HAS such a dept. ?

You OK with this, Tanz?

A small point but there is nothing that restricts a bank from holding data for longer than 6 years, nor is there anyhting that says they have to hold it for a minimum period in law as far as I can determine.

Ive looked reasonably hard and have posted this comment in a number of threads and no one has yet contradicted me, if anyone can point to some bit of law which gives timescales that would be good.

And info wherever you can get it has to be good, if its verbal of course you shold make some notes with all the details, where, when, who and content.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

See what you mean, I think. Gather up enough info, and one can get there using a "pincer" movement, maybe. I believe Natty mentioned archive departments, etc. If we are told there is no more info, but then we find there is an archive dept., aren't they getting into deep water trying to fob us off ?

I might try mentioning "Archive Department" in my ongoing DSAR sagas, and see if that acts as a laxative. Anybody know how to find out if a particular bank actually HAS such a dept. ? (I thought this was the manchester dept where they kept the microfiches, am I to be told now there is another place on top of this where the microfiches go into retirement?:eek: I still think they hold my info and that of others but i feel they are not letting on they still have it in the hope we'll all go away)

You OK with this, Tanz? (I am a tad confused here:eek: If i request info, by law they should supply it. If they say they don't have it then I want to know when and where, and how it was disposed of, so they should have some record of this to prove they no longer have the info. If they have a record of what they have destroyed then they still have the info:eek: I feel like a dog chasing his tail. lol :D

I feel a sit down protest in my local branch coming on. "I'M NOT MOVING TILL I GET MY INFO, I KNOW YOU'VE GOT IT" lol:D

I can see myself saying to the Banker "You what, your now telling me its gone from microfiche to being done away with, destroyed, to being sent to the retirement home for incriminating evidence against the bank in there unlawful charges nightmare situation, where it will stay until its 5000 years old.."

I'll come back to this one tomorrow as baby woke me last night then couldn't get back to sleep.

I just think you should going into a bank, not introducing yourself (you are on the WANTED list after all :D) and see what they say verbally - mention "archives". Go in there with a placard saying "GIVE ME MY FISH" well you're not gonna get a helpful response.....

I previously worked for another bank, in Mortgages. I know from experience that they had no set archive "law" that they had to adhere to - they simply put a "destroy in xxx years" on the box depending on what was inside and off it went to a secure lock up (they also had fiche but not sure of the lifespan of these). AND I once was sent on a reccy to the archive site and the destroy by date wasn't strictly kept to.

Should point out this was in my junior years - maybe 7-8 years ago so policies / practices might have changed since then. Also, this was mortgages so could be whole different kettle of fish. But it is something to bear in mind.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

PMSL. I just recieved the original application form and agreement (same sheet - 2 sigs on it) from Barclaycard. Its from 1992!!! I cant believe it!!!!

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

It was due by the 22nd I think (the 12 + 2 working days did my head in).

I sent three off at once on the same day to all my cards.

I hadnt heard ANYTHING from Barclaycard. The others at least sent an acknowledgment.

Its a pretty ****ty photcopy but I think if you studied it hard enough you can make out the small print.... (just)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

I can pmsl.....or I can lmao (laff my a55 off)

I even saw someone write lmbo the other day which I think is highly amusing (laff my bollox off).

Think it's even funnier with an F in it. LMFBO!!! Hee hee.

Not sure about the last one will have a think.

Anyway as suggested back on to the topic.

Just had some more cr@p from Bcard. Was sort of expecting this one after Bookworms quest for the start date Bcard started implementing LP and OL charges.

Another blag in their quest to bullsh*t us some more.

The letter states:

23rd Jan 2007

Dear Mr T,

Re:

Your request for card statements for 2000

A/C No: **** **** **** ****

Further to your letter of 23 January and our subsequent telephone conversation, I am assured that Barclaycard started to apply late and over limit fees from early 2001. Therefore it is safe for you to work on the basis that you will not have had to pay any charges for 2000. (sound like he's giving me the ok to work out my claim from 2001. lol)

Yours sincerely

Adrian Whally

Head of Privacy & Data Protection

Blah Blah Blah

Funny how this has not been mentioned until now. I will now be sending a CCA request because it this includes any info relating to their charging regime on the document i have signed and is dated for 2000, if he then supplies this to me it throws his cr@p right back at him and it will be game set and match.

Tanz

Tanz,

Don't know if you would have seen this.

Ok difference here is this is for RBS bank accounts, but they were charging back as far as 1993. Is it feasible that Barclaycard weren't charging as recent as 2000? Sorry you may have said this further up and I've missed it.

Interesting idea what lively has done. Again, preying on the innocence of local branch staff. Would be interesting if you could get this information out of Barclaycard through another means. I can't see why Wally would be too forthcoming about this - if you were in his shoes would you?

Also, just spotted........