• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

@247homerescue broke glass oven door

Mazzh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@247homerescue

Our Miele oven stopped working and tripped fuse. As we have boiler and electrical cover with HOME RESCUE  we called them and they arranged for a call out from 0800 REPAIR COMPANY costing £95 for call out.

Guy came out to check oven a said the element had gone but whilst handling oven dropped it and broke the glass door. Said he’d sort it but then the company phoned to cancel the repair and knew nothing about broken door and are considering wether it is to expensive to replace element or offer an alternative. Said they’d get in touch next day but I week later not heard anything so I contacted them.

No knowledge of breaking oven door and strangely have our oven make down as neff not Miele even though repair guy took photo of make and model no. Outcome is they say it’s to expensive to repair as it would cost £650 just to replace element! Yet Miele elements cost about £100! I contacted them again to complain about broken door to which they say contact and their complaints dept. I also asked for an explanation of the engineers assessment  that justifies a cost of £650 to repair as i a know it is reasonably cheap to replace a fan oven element but they said they don’t have that to hand on the phone.

£650 for fixing a element doesn’t seem right and they are liable for breaking oven door that I want compensating for.

I need advice on what to do next to get this resolved. And I wondering if I should contact someone like trading standards.

Hi and Welcome to the forum. 

If you would give us the  exact details of the oven model and details of Home Rescue Company for starters.....

And which Plan/Package did you fall for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

247homerescue.co.uk Is the company we have cover with but it seems the repairman that came to look at oven was from 0800REPAIR and my husband has text correspondence from both companies. 
The oven is a Miele H2361B

Trading standards will be absolutely no use at all. They are not particularly interested in one-offs and anyway, you see need a rapid solution because you don't have an oven.

When did you buy the oven? How much did it cost?

Have you researched with the oven manufacturers – spare parts, the cost of the element and also a replacement door? I think that you need to gather this information so we understand the value of what we are talking about.

If the oven is not a very recent often then it's probably right that it is beyond economical repair and that means that the repair company https://247homerescue.co.uk/ should be held liable for the cost of replacement.

However, if you have had the oven several years, it may be that you are not entitled to the value of a brand-new oven. For instance, if the expected lifespan of an oven is 10 years and you have had it for five years, then it may be that you would only be entitled to half the cost of a new replacement.

• BankFodder changed the title to 24/7 Home Rescue broke glass oven door
  • BankFodder changed the title to @247homerescue broke glass oven door

Well thank you for quoting my words back at me – but addressing the questions I have put would be much more useful

Didn’t mean to quote the words back.

The oven is nearly 6yrs old. Miele element costs £89.99 and the outer glass door doesn’t seem to be available any more. Yet looking at prices of other Miele models outer doors found prices to be £250 and £350 

Okay thanks. So if the glass is broken and replacements aren't available, that means that the oven is a write-off.

What do you reckon the replacement cost would be? We talking here about a new oven of equivalent level/functionality.

That needs to be our starting point.

Also, can you tell us a bit about the exchange you had with this home rescue outfit

Also, what are you doing for an oven now?

Also I think I paid £657 in the sale it is worth more.

I reckon for a model the same spec and quality as Miele probably about £799

I’m managing with a hob and combi microwave.

Here’s the correspondence from them https://customer.0800repair.com/cf8d1c46-7090-47a0-8d43-9ba271e3f8e7

Husband phoned yesterday still don’t know about broken glass door to which they tell us to contact their complaints dept about.

Tried to get them to explain what the £657 repair cost is for which they say is too expensive and they won’t repair.

Because my understanding is the £89.99 cost of element plus labour. Which to me shouldn’t cost £657 and as they say they don’t know anything about the broken door, hence that cost not included.

I can’t understand why they’ve come up with a figure of £657 and when I tried to ask about it they said they don’t have that info to hand. The technicians have that.

Have you put any of this in writing to them? Have you got any paper trail of correspondence?

I think you should send them an SAR. You never know what it might produce.

So I understand that they have basically written off and often which by today's value would be about 800 quid.

I don't know why you are referring to the cost of the element all the time. Presumably that should be part of their home rescue insurance plan?

You started off with a broken element which should have been repaired as part of the plan – at no cost to you. Now you have an oven with a broken but non-replaceable door.

I think the best approach might be to begin a claim against them for the full value of a replacement oven and then eventually if they push the issue negotiate down to about half of the cost on the basis that you had six years use out of your old oven and that it would normally last 12 years. Does 12 years sound a reasonable assessment?

Do you have the money to replace the oven at the moment at your own expense and recover it later?

I keep referring to cost of element because they say won’t repair it at it their estimated repair value of £657 as they deem its too expensive to repair. 

Yet I don’t believe that it will cost that much to buy and fit an element. why are they saying £657 then! If they acknowledged the broken door then I’d understand it costing £657 but not just for cost of element. 

And I have money to buy a new oven now.

how do I start a claim process, thanks?

I haven’t put anything I writing to them yet.

Well you absolutely need to establish a paper trail. I'm not surprised that they are not being responsive to you. Obviously they would like to avoid the liability and the problem was they don't have anything formal from you in writing, they don't feel much of a need to consider what you say.

I suggest that you write the letter outlining exactly what has happened and putting in a claim to them.

I suggest that you post the letter here before you send it to them

https://www.sparesonweb.com/shop/b-miele-door-oven-hobs-31195c1.html

https://www.elementman.co.uk/elements/fan-oven/miele/

Glass = £135.95

Element  = £ 36. 99

What you have already paid = £95.00 ...not sure why you have paid this given you pay a premium to https://247homerescue.co.uk/

Ill ask again which package was you suckered into ?  £12 or £22 per month ?

https://247homerescue.co.uk/appliance-cover-plans/

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I hadn't realised that you had paid for the element

Not paid for the element BF paid for a call out to a third party when already paying a premium to 247homerescue.

Also Mazzh how many years have you been paying this premium for ?

😵

Well I'm trying to get my head around it all in that case.

It seems to me that there ought to be a claim for the return of the callout fee plus compensation for the oven – and I would suggest going for the new price of it and then seeing what happens.

I would suggest that the OP decides which new oven they want to buy and then before ordering it, puts home rescue on notice that this is what is happening and give them a very short opportunity to respond – say five days. After that, the OP should mitigate their loss and go ahead and get the oven and then start claiming. Of course we will help them.

This home rescue crowd doesn't seem to be regulated. I'm a bit surprised that they're not treated as an insurer for the purposes of the FCA – and also for the purposes of a statutory obligation to treat customers fairly. However, they don't seem to be. I wonder who they really are?

Yes, I think we need to have this information and you really should have it at hand when you are asking us for help. Looking at the website of home rescue, they make it clear that there are no additional hidden charges and that you simply pay your premium. Sounds as if they are telling porkies.

I'm sure this will lead to litigation in the Small Claims Court.

Please respond to my suggestion that you start making arrangements to buy a replacement oven

The cost of the broken door doesn’t come into this. They say they the have now knowledge of broken door apart from our say so and we’ve been told to contact their complaints dept about this. So the £650 they came up with and £95 call out charge doesn’t include any door cost.

I've just discovered a rather serious problem in all of this.

Miele.PNG

https://247homerescue.co.uk/second-step/?groupID=17&planName=Appliance Package Standard 5&excessValue=95&paymentFrequency=12#1570093815851-2b1d334d-265b

Why do they have you done as having a NEFF appliance and not a Miele?

We have a serious risk here that you may not be covered for anything. However, if there repair person broke the glass then they would still be liable, in my view.

However, we need to understand how this policy was bought and why they were told, or at least they have the impression that it was a different device

Yes we are aware of that...what we we dont understand why you would pay a call out fee when already paying monthly to 247homerescue.

0800 REPAIR COMPANY is liable for the door glass damage.....247homerescue are liable for the call out fee......and also negligent for not fulfilling their contract which you have yet to conform the annual cost.  

I also notice that there is a £75 excess to be paid when dealing with appliances older than five years.

Please can you tell us when you first took up this home rescue cover

The model number is h2361b and itsthe  outer oven glass door that broke and on spares on the web I see one outer glass panel costing £309 yet it lists the model no as h2361bp not h2361b i'm not sure if that would be compatible. Yet probably irrelevant if they don’t cover Miele.

They’re wrong for not telling us this in the first place although my husband who deals with this should have checked his policy thoroughly.

I'm afraid that there are inferences here that when the policy was taken out, it was understood that it didn't cover your make of oven so instead, they were informed that it was a NEFF oven. This may not be the case, but it's a reasonable inference in the circumstances.

If these details were provided in writing then if you don't have a copy – which would be a shame – then you should send them an SAR