SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope that whatever deal you have struck with them keeps you financially stable and works out for you. I'm a cagger by force of circumstance. I dearly wish that capstone would behave more reasonably and fairly than they do but experience tells me otherwise.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi all well received a letter from capstone today saying they have complied with my SDA request blah blah blah post office no and confirmation of delivery. They were sorry to hear that i felt it was incomplete - too right it was so as a matter of urgency they are compiling me a new set - free of charge - they are soooooooooooooooo kind !!!!!!!!!!! if they do not hear anything from me within 8 weeks they will consider the matter closed. Should i do anything else now or just wait to see if they send me a complete set because they have not complied with the 40 day ruling so should i go to the FOS.

Help please thankyou

Put in another complaint to FOS and had a reply yesterday.

I sent a copy of the mortgage deeds and they stated that they can't find anywhere in the info given by me or spml that our mortgage was originally taken out with matlock bank!!

They are a bunch of biased bullsh***ers,thought they are supposed to mediate between the two parties? it looks all one sided to me as they don't want too listen to what I have to say.

Well once the house has sold (viewer this afternoon,fingers x) I'm going to pay for a solicitor to get to the bottom of this,I have one lined up that will take this on, as obviously the little fish is not good enough to listen too.

Agree totally it down to sites like this. Every step of this has been done with the CAB and the intervention of my local MP.

The capitalisation was done on the grounds of affordabilty, i had to provide them with a budget to show i had enough extra income to support the increase in mortgage, but not enough to clear the arrears in 24 months.

I then had to provide bank statements and payslips to support this and they did their own checks via credit reference agency's.

I tackled the unfair charges at that time and they agreed to reduce the charges accordingly.

Capstone them monitored my account at the new payment level for 3 months and then returned me to the normal payment process.

I can only suggest capstone have done this to sell me on as a light prime CDO so they can clear there books

I reserve judgement but knowing what they are like almost 7 years in and through thick and thin....

Hi all well received a letter from capstone today saying they have complied with my SDA request blah blah blah post office no and confirmation of delivery. They were sorry to hear that i felt it was incomplete - too right it was so as a matter of urgency they are compiling me a new set - free of charge - they are soooooooooooooooo kind !!!!!!!!!!! if they do not hear anything from me within 8 weeks they will consider the matter closed. Should i do anything else now or just wait to see if they send me a complete set because they have not complied with the 40 day ruling so should i go to the FOS.

Help please thankyou

They did the same to me and added in a few obvious letters they missed out from my exchanges with Mr Merek. There are loads of documents missing and I'm not taking their compensation, although I'm going to drag it out to suit myself. They keep asking me what I'm going to do, so they can update their records. Half of it is done so they should know.

Get your complaint in to the FOS, don't rush it and list all you can.

i hate the tone and what you are inferring.

I live a charmed exsistance...... so having cancer and missing 12 months of your life, getting in to arreasrs is charmed.......Thanks.

They capilised to help me out pures and simple , because i paid , on the nail for 18 months while having a supended possesion order hanging over me.

It just you need to pay and keep asking and they can treat you fairly.

To help you out? You still owe the same money and they will get every penny of it. You make it sound as though they have done you a favour in some way .. you'll learn otherwise.

To help you out? You still owe the same money and they will get every penny of it. You make it sound as though they have done you a favour in some way .. you'll learn otherwise.

No if u read my note they have reduced the charges by >£1500.

I know u all think it odd put sometimes , just sometimes the most negative companies do do something that is positive for you And before anyone goes on i took this mortgage in good faith , got in to arrears, had a suspended possession hanging over me.

Now i have a normal mortgage that has increased by 2k, no possession order and i can get on with my life and a payment record that now is perfect.

my advice is to talk to capstone and be an advocate for your case and do a deal that in the long term is in your best interests.I think they keen to deal to get rid of there book of bad debts

my advice is to talk to capstone and be an advocate for your case

...tried that one until I was fed up to my hind teeth...

liars, imposters, cheats. They even have their legal representatives lying in court.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

my advice is to talk to capstone and be an advocate for your case and do a deal that in the long term is in your best interests.I think they keen to deal to get rid of there book of bad debts

I don't know if you have noticed verycatchy but what do you think we have all been doing for x amount of years? Each case is different but we are all advocating against Capstone in some way and drawing a big, fat blank.

The only truth I see is that they are bare faced liars who are rude at the best of times. They don't even know how their own operation works and they throw their dummies out of their pram when you challenge them. So they reduced the charges...they took off mine too..because they HAD to.

They have only their own interests at heart and it's not one of compromise.

Hi, i wonder if anyone can advise, i have posted previously on this case i applied for my SAR and was sent a very poor attempt at my paperwork so complained and was sent an apology saying a full set would be sent URGENTLY ha ha my sides are splitting from laughing. I have contacted them again and have been told i will get it soon but there are some things that i will not get because they are not relevant. I asked what these are but was told it didnt matter i also asked for a breakdown of the solicitors charges of about £700 ish and was told they do not get a breakdown just a copy of the total amount due surely not ???????????????????????

I asked for another copy of a document that i received and was told that i had no right to it and shouldn't of had it in the first place mmmm ( dont want to mention this right now incase of unscrupulous people on here) I mentioned the FOS and OC and the lady didnt even know who the OC were ?????

I cant explain in words how much i absolutely despise this company and the way it deals with us. Hopefully together we will make them pay for their antics. The sooner the better say i

Anyway back on track does anyone know which documents i might not be allowed to have. Thanks

They are ****. I've been keeping to a very hefty overpayment and guess which way the arrears have gone?

Filth...

Anyone else got good news from these moronic mortgage 'administrators'?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/213298-capstone-applied-warrant-eviction-2.html

Has anyone seen this thread?

I'd be taking more severe action than what is being suggested. You can write letters until you are blue in the face and be as mild-mannered as you like ( no offence Ell-en, you do an excellent job!) but there comes a time when you call an end to it and show some teeth otherwise they and the courts will walk all over you.:mad:

Hi, i wonder if anyone can advise, i have posted previously on this case i applied for my SAR and was sent a very poor attempt at my paperwork so complained and was sent an apology saying a full set would be sent URGENTLY ha ha my sides are splitting from laughing. I have contacted them again and have been told i will get it soon but there are some things that i will not get because they are not relevant. I asked what these are but was told it didnt matter i also asked for a breakdown of the solicitors charges of about £700 ish and was told they do not get a breakdown just a copy of the total amount due surely not ???????????????????????

I asked for another copy of a document that i received and was told that i had no right to it and shouldn't of had it in the first place mmmm ( dont want to mention this right now incase of unscrupulous people on here) I mentioned the FOS and OC and the lady didnt even know who the OC were ?????

I cant explain in words how much i absolutely despise this company and the way it deals with us. Hopefully together we will make them pay for their antics. The sooner the better say i

Anyway back on track does anyone know which documents i might not be allowed to have. Thanks

Hi uneverdid,

Capstone are morons. They sent me a copy of an SAR which was different to my OHs' when it came to blanking out . They are incapable of complying with even the the most simple request and haven't a clue on what they should be doing.

They say that they can't disclose 3rd party material but they do. They lose the most relevant documents and make it up as they go along. Show some teeth and get angry with them. Push the barstewards into a corner and watch them wriggle, squirm and come out with utter BS.

They told me that any submissions made by my broker would have to be got through him and they weren't allowed to reveal anything. Perhaps that's because they previously admitted they have lost all the original records.

Ask for copies of the solicitors invoices. They are vague and it doesn't show a breakdown. It refers to their list of costs which of course isn't enclosed and seems to be a set fee.

If I had to put in words what I thought of Capstone, I'd be banned from this site and if I put actions to the words I'd be locked up.

well thanks for your responses, i could almost hear her squirming on the other end of the phone yesterday. Yes i know i shouldnt ring but aaarrrrgggghhhh they wind me up so much. I am going to wait now she said i would receive all relevant documents within a week, with regards to solicitors fees surely if i am expected to pay these then i am entitled to a breakdown or as you say a list of charges.

I have already notified the FOS and the OC so will wait and see what happens, i cant do anything now for another 6 weeks because the FOS say i have to give them 8 weeks to resolve my issues. 8 weeks a lifetime isnt long enough to resolve my issues with capstone, preferred, spml, eurosail whoever i am dealing with although of course i know who the 12 people who are power of attorney for preferred due to documents coming my way again by error of capstone.

hey ho chin up, onwards and upwards !!!

I don't know if you have noticed verycatchy but what do you think we have all been doing for x amount of years? Each case is different but we are all advocating against Capstone in some way and drawing a big, fat blank.

The only truth I see is that they are bare faced liars who are rude at the best of times. They don't even know how their own operation works and they throw their dummies out of their pram when you challenge them. So they reduced the charges...they took off mine too..because they HAD to.

I do really think that you have areal problem, so who cares if they HAD to get rid of your charges? They got rid of mine as an act of compassion and they should be congatulated for this.I realise not everything is rosy in capastone world and they are cheats , but for me they have helped me.

I dont really care what u think or say as this is not my experince with them.

I do not want to appear rude verycatchy7939 but we are all entitled to our views and opinions. You obviously have had a very different experience to the majority of people on this site and i dont feel crapstone has a problem at all he is just sharing his experiences like myself. If you had gone through half of what we had then i doubt very much if you would be defending capstone at all. If you have no problems with them then maybe this site is not the place for you unless you have a different motive for being on here.

So you may now feel that i have a problem well yes i have and its called CAPSTONE

like i said i am not being rude to you just voicing my views.

Hi all.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with this. There are in excess of 1000 posts on this thread alone, not one of them (except for catchy) saying if you just give them a call they will sort things for you. I've had a torrid time with them even though I'm keeping to an overpayment. The arrears just keep on going up and up and up. The charges are shocking and it's now before the FOS.

If I ring them catchy will they refund my charges? Yes or no? I guess it will go something like this.

ME: I've heard that if I call you you'll refund all my charges. Can you do that?

THEM: Where did you hear that?

ME: From one of your other customers

THEM: Can I put you on hold?

ME: OK.

....LONG WAIT.

THEM: I'm sorry but our charges our fair and they're in your terms and conditions.

ME: But what about the fact that they are probably unlawful and have been criticised by the OFT the FSA and the FOS and whenever the FOS tell you to you do refund them?

THEM: Sorry, we can't refund them.

Sound familiar anyone? Fact is you HAVE to either take them to court (risky if you're in "arrears") or wait your turn at the FOS. They will NOT give them back lightly or out of so called 'compassion'.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

As regards the FOS time and pressure...time and pressure...time and pressure...

EiE

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi All (again!)

I just want to capture this good vs evil Capstone debate.

So I have helpfully pasted together our latest contributor's arguments with our responses.

I would use all the colour tools and the bolding etc for emphasis but I'm bored now!

Here goes: CAPSTONE: GOOD OR EVIL? PRESS ONE FOR YES, 2 FOR YES, 3 FOR I'M JUST POPPING OUT FOR A CIGGIE WHILE I DECIDE 1 or 2, 4 FOR YES AND FIVE FOR ALL OTHER ANSWERS BEGINNING WITH Y AND ENDING WITH S. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VOTES MAY INFLUENCE YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN FURTHER CRAPSTONE MORTGAGE PRODUCTS SUCH AS OUR NEW SH1T + MORTGAGE.

OK all

I'm not actually going to reveal my full hand.

But there's a simple acid test here. Can anyone guess what it is?

Think a bit outside the box as crapstone said and you should get there. Right?

i been a customer of capstone for 3 painful years and got my self put on suspended possession order.Now this is something that i never though i say but capstone have help me recover.

After 18 months of paying on the nail contractual payment plus£50.They offered to capitalise the arrears and reduce my payments. Seeing as i cant get a mortgage to save my life i was advised this was a good move.

cant think why they offered me this it not like capstone at all

Yes. Very helpful. They serially overcharge unlawfully to boot, trash your credit rating then "offer help" in the form of capitalisation of your "arrears". How decent of them. Can't wait to see what help they offer other caggers

I know but i was so shocked and they refunded me charges as well. I had £1573 kocked off the outstanding bal.

I did ask why they said it was because for the last 18 months i got a good payment record.

Fair enough. Did they refund everything and give you interest as well? Don't forget they charge arrears interest as well. Did you get that back? Remember that other caggers have had their arrears capitalised and then been repoed on grounds of breaching the suspended order. They will do anything to get their hands on your keys. Watch them like a hawk from now on in. There could be a sting in the tail

They don't, they won't ..simples

Well they have and i have a letter comfirming the withdrawal of the suspended order. Its well out of character for crapstone i know. It just shows that some times they ar eok

Fair enough. But ask yourself how they could gain from that. Outside of the box..

well you live a charmed existence...some people have court orders telling them not to apply these charges and they still do. Remember that they hate people who pay, because it makes them more difficult to apply charges to.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't sit well with my experience of this horrendous firm and the experiences of thousands of others.

i hate the tone and what you are inferring.

I live a charmed exsistance...... so having cancer and missing 12 months of your life, getting in to arreasrs is charmed.......Thanks.

They capilised to help me out pures and simple , because i paid , on the nail for 18 months while having a supended possesion order hanging over me.

It just you need to pay and keep asking and they can treat you fairly.

Hey I'm sorry for your health problems...truly I am...and I sincerely hope you make a full recovery. There's very few of us whose lives have not been touched by that dreadful disease.

But I was referring to your relationship with Capstone. Just go back through the thread and you'll see what I mean.

I stand by my original point - your faith in them is in my honest opinion misplaced.

And if they are treating people more fairly that's only because sites like this have galvanised people to act in some degree of unity and exert massive pressure on them. I've yet to see firm substantial evidence from anyone who has the misfortune to have Capstone administer their mortgage account that there's been a sudden outbreak of goodwill.

Agree totally it down to sites like this. Every step of this has been done with the CAB and the intervention of my local MP.

The capitalisation was done on the grounds of affordabilty, i had to provide them with a budget to show i had enough extra income to support the increase in mortgage, but not enough to clear the arrears in 24 months.

I then had to provide bank statements and payslips to support this and they did their own checks via credit reference agency's.

I tackled the unfair charges at that time and they agreed to reduce the charges accordingly.

Capstone them monitored my account at the new payment level for 3 months and then returned me to the normal payment process.

I can only suggest capstone have done this to sell me on as a light prime CDO so they can clear there books

Hi

I hope that whatever deal you have struck with them keeps you financially stable and works out for you. I'm a cagger by force of circumstance. I dearly wish that capstone would behave more reasonably and fairly than they do but experience tells me otherwise.

I reserve judgement but knowing what they are like almost 7 years in and through thick and thin...

No if u read my note they have reduced the charges by >£1500.

I know u all think it odd put sometimes , just sometimes the most negative companies do do something that is positive for you And before anyone goes on i took this mortgage in good faith , got in to arrears, had a suspended possession hanging over me.

Now i have a normal mortgage that has increased by 2k, no possession order and i can get on with my life and a payment record that now is perfect.

my advice is to talk to capstone and be an advocate for your case

...tried that one until I was fed up to my hind teeth...

liars, imposters, cheats. They even have their legal representatives lying in court.

They are ****. I've been keeping to a very hefty overpayment and guess which way the arrears have gone?

Filth...

Anyone else got good news from these moronic mortgage 'administrators'?

Capstone applied for a warrant for eviction, please help

Has anyone seen this thread?

I'd be taking more severe action than what is being suggested. You can write letters until you are blue in the face and be as mild-mannered as you like ( no offence Ell-en, you do an excellent job!) but there comes a time when you call an end to it and show some teeth otherwise they and the courts will walk all over you.

I do really think that you have areal problem, so who cares if they HAD to get rid of your charges? They got rid of mine as an act of compassion and they should be congatulated for this.I realise not everything is rosy in capastone world and they are cheats , but for me they have helped me.

I do not want to appear rude verycatchy7939 but we are all entitled to our views and opinions. You obviously have had a very different experience to the majority of people on this site and i dont feel crapstone has a problem at all he is just sharing his experiences like myself. If you had gone through half of what we had then i doubt very much if you would be defending capstone at all. If you have no problems with them then maybe this site is not the place for you unless you have a different motive for being on here.

So you may now feel that i have a problem well yes i have and its called CAPSTONE

like i said i am not being rude to you just voicing my views.

Hi all.

I'm having a lot of difficulty with this. There are in excess of 1000 posts on this thread alone, not one of them (except for catchy) saying if you just give them a call they will sort things for you. I've had a torrid time with them even though I'm keeping to an overpayment. The arrears just keep on going up and up and up. The charges are shocking and it's now before the FOS.

If I ring them catchy will they refund my charges? Yes or no? I guess it will go something like this.

ME: I've heard that if I call you you'll refund all my charges. Can you do that?

THEM: Where did you hear that?

ME: From one of your other customers

THEM: Can I put you on hold?

ME: OK.

....LONG WAIT.

THEM: I'm sorry but our charges our fair and they're in your terms and conditions.

ME: But what about the fact that they are probably unlawful and have been criticised by the OFT the FSA and the FOS and whenever the FOS tell you to you do refund them?

THEM: Sorry, we can't refund them.

Sound familiar anyone? Fact is you HAVE to either take them to court (risky if you're in "arrears") or wait your turn at the FOS. They will NOT give them back lightly or out of so called 'compassion'.

EIE

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Sorry all :rolleyes: !

EiE

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi Little Dotty,

I agree, it's not easy with the FOS. Keep your complaint as simple as you can on factual points and send as much as you can to them, all clearly highlighted so they can pick out the bits you are talking about.

Call them and keep them updated on changes, new letters you receive or any other supporting evidence.

I think I won in the most part because of Capstones attitude towards the FOS.

Good luck with your next attempt.

And I assure you that I don't give two hoots that someone here is defending them. I told you previously you are entitled to your own opinion and if that's your experience of them then fine. But please don't tell me that anyone other than yourself should feel the need to congratulate the barstewards for doing what they should be doing in the first place.

Looking back through all your past posts they seemed anything but compassionate, hence the need to ask for help. You'll be telling us they send you birthday cards and bunches of flowers next.:rolleyes: I don't think I have any problem other than Capstone and if you don't care what other people think then you have no place on a forum that is actively trying to keep people in their homes through reasonable and civil discussion.

Like other people here I have been to hell and back with them, SPML and my broker. They almost destroyed my family and pushed my OH to the brink of suicide because of their lies. Until I was helped by the kind people on these forums that freely give up their time to share their knowledge and experiences, I thought it was happening to us alone and it was all our fault. Knowing that it isn't my imagination when Capstone screw up and other people have exactly the same issues is a huge lift in staying sane and in control.

If they helped you then great. Everyone here is always glad to see a happy outcome.

Edited by Crapstone

A small glimmer of hope! Looks like the FSA will have to do something now.

BBC NEWS | Business | MPs attack mortgage arrears fees

UK Parliament - tc0809pn080809

Oh how I pray they are one of the 4! If not they bl**dy well ought to be.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...