currys pcworld – broken brand-new oven, personal injury and expenses

Toni1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I brought a cooker from currys pc world on the 10th of January. Was delivered on the 22nd of January. With what I thought was a scratch on the oven door. The 28 of January at 8.15 in the Morning the oven door shattered to bits. I wasn't cooking at the time. I was actually making my daughters pack lunch an taking to my daughter. With our backs facing the cooker. 

I got glass in my hand an foot that day my puppy also got glass in one paw. Over the next few days I got another bit if glass in my foot that I haven't got out yet. My daughter got glass in her foot recently aswell. Witch led to keeping her off school for 2 days.

It took a week but I got my new cooker delivered today. 

So over the last week having no cooker an been advised to keep the broken one off completely. To stop any more shattering. 

We lived on take aways. Currys said they would pay for it. At the moment there offering just over £50. The week of take aways cost £109.  I had to dip into money I had saved for a new fridge freeze to fund this.  An for extra milk an cereal cause after most take aways your hungry an hour later.  Another £12.00

I have had to chuck all my fresh meat away aswell as my freezer was quiet full. 

Main thing now is I cant afford my new fridge freezer. My old one is dead an I only have 60 left towards it. 

Currys dont want to know an have said its not down to them. 

If it wasnt for buying a cooker from them I'd still have the money to go get one. 

I'm a mess if I'm honest. I saved hard for the money for my cooker an fridge freezer. Im a single parent on ESA. I have epilepsy all the stress has already caused 2 fits an black outs. I'm scared to as I know when I get more than stressed I have many fits. The last time I felt like this I had 3 fits awake an 6 more asleep. I was out if it for days. I dont want to be like that again. 

I could really really so with some advice on where to go from hear please 

Thankyou in advance toni 

20200128_083203.jpg

Edited by Toni1987

Okay well first off, Currys PC World are extremely difficult to deal with. They are reluctant to respect anybody's consumer rights and your case seems particularly complicated and so don't expect anything to be easy.

Also you need to accept, I'm afraid, that they are unlikely to be held liable – even in the County Court for the "consequential" losses/damage caused by the fact that you are now unable to purchase a fridge freezer.

They have replaced the cooker – so that is no longer an issue. However you have been without one for a certain number of days and so that is an inconvenience which you didn't bargain for and should be compensated.

Secondly, there seem to be several injuries and these should certainly be compensated for and we will have to deal with that. However, you need to make a detailed note of all injuries suffered to you, your daughter and also to your dog. You should make detailed notes and you should photograph the injuries of all three of you. Even if the injuries appear to be healing, you should make photographs of the places where they were and make detailed notes as to the pain you suffered, the length of time that the injury was apparent and any continuing damage.

Did you visit a doctor? – You should do this immediately – you and your daughter and make sure that nothing is infected and make sure that your tetanus et cetera injections up to date. Go visit your doctor and say that it is urgent and you need an appointment that day – or possibly the next day for you and your daughter.

You say that this is because stress which has produced epileptic fits. In that case you must deftly go to the doctor and get a medical report. Make sure the doctor understands why your epileptic episodes have increased at the moment and inform your doctor that you may well be approaching Currys for compensation.

The important thing to understand here is how long all these wounds will take to heal. Have they left any permanent effects? What medium or long-term damage or effect have these additional epileptic episodes caused to you. The doctor will have to give an opinion on this.

I understand from your post that you don't have a lot of money – but have you thought about seeking a veterinary examination of your dog? You should certainly make detailed record and photographs of the your dogs injury – but if possible you should take the dog to the vet and once again get it examined and say that you expect that you will have to ask for a report. If these reports cost any money or of the visit to the vet cost any money you will be to recover that from Currys – with our help – but don't expect it will be easy.

I see that you have also been put to extra expense and inconvenience of having to buy takeaway meals. You should keep an accurate account of how much you have spent on these and you will be able to claim the full value back – although there may have to be a deduction for the food which you might normally have poor and cooked.

Also, if there has been any inconvenience involved in obtaining these takeaway's then you should make sure you put a detailed record of that as well. It may have taken you time to go and get them. It may have disrupted your family life. It might have disrupted your child's homework – whatever it is, note it down. I suggest that you get an exercise book specifically for all of this and keep your detailed record.

If you take photographs with the telephone then make sure that the photographs are backed up. Check the photographs and make sure they are easily well lit and completely clear and in focus.

Although I understand that you are a stress single parent, we need to know whether you think that you are able to take a small claim against Currys in respect of this. Currys of course should be a decent and consumer-facing firm which acts responsibly at all times – but unfortunately our experiences that they are not. Although we will help you begin a complaint against Currys I'm afraid that it is very likely that you will have to become very assertive about it to the point of threatening and then bringing a legal action. Have you done this before? Are you prepared to do it? Of course we would help you all the way.

I can fully imagine that the case would never go to court because Currys pattern of behaviour on these things is to try and bluff it out and then put their hands up at the last moment when they are sure that their customer is determined to go right into court. It's very rare that Currys ever actually go into court.

So the result of all this is that before we can proceed, we need to have very serious detail about the amount of injuries and damage you have suffered and the expense to which have been put so that we can assess the value of your claim.

You need to make a decision as to whether you think you can manage a small claim in the County Court with our help. There is lots of information on this website.

You need urgently to go and see your doctor with your daughter – and if you can afford it go and see the vet.

• BankFodder changed the title to currys pcworld – broken brand-new oven, personal injury and expenses

Had a chat with a friend of mine. 

Please email [email protected] 

This is their CEO Escalations if they havent already responded accordingly.

Which store served you for the cooker plz? If you have been into store?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I'm going to add to the above post, – that by all means contact the email address given because if it can avoid conflict and produce a trouble-free settlement then of course it's excellent. However, you should not accept the first offers which are given. You should come to us and discuss them – and before you think about accepting any offer you should follow the advice given in my above post and thoroughly detail and evidence any damage or injury that you may have suffered so that we can properly calculate the value of any claim. Then you will know how to respond to Currys if they agree to enter into a dialogue with you

Bank fodder to be honest I dont want to to go to court. The stress that will cause will be to much for me. An wouldn't be fair on my daughter. I dont want to imagine the fits it could cause either. 

I've got photos of everything including my pups paw bandaged up. Both my foot an my daughters foot where the glass is still there. Its not viable but it can be felt. Same as it can in my finger.  

My puppy is going to the vets on friday for her jabs an her paw will also be looked at. This will be at an extra cost though. 

Currys are a very difficult company to deal with I've learnt that the hard way. 

I'm emotionally drained. But my eyes just keep filling up an tears just fall out.  More so when I try not to cry. 

I've come a long way the last few months. An been really really proud of myself. Now I feel like I've let myself down an more. 

All I want is a working fridge freezer an some money back. I'm really not asking for much. Like I said if it wasnt for currys pc world I'd have both a cooker an a new fridge freezer. An a bit of money left over. 

Fkofilee thankyou for the email address I'll send an email first thing in the morning. The store I bought it from was Aylesbury Buckinghamshire pc world retail park. 

BankfofderThey offered me 100 via email day before yesterday. I haven't said yes an dont plan to. I made it clear today that that's not acceptable at all. That's why I put my case on hear.  

Your feelings are completely understandable. Don't worry. 

I still suggest that you calculate what you think this is cost you in terms of money and also injury so we can have a look and see what might be reasonable. if you aren't prepared to go to court then I think it would be reasonable to ask Currys the name and address of their insurers and to begin an insurance claim.

Although that won't be straightforward, it will still be less conflict oriented but it will still take time.

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2020 at 21:23, BankFodder said:

if you aren't prepared to go to court then I think it would be reasonable to ask Currys the name and address of their insurers and to begin an insurance claim.

How can the poster initiate an insurance claim on Currys insurance policy?  Surely only Currys can do that?

Yes you are right. I wasn't thinking. Sorry.

The OP hasn't been here for two months. I wonder what's been happening. No update

It's very frustrating when we invest ourselves in other people's problems and then they simply disappear without giving us any clue as to what might have happened or whether our advice was useful.