Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About time too with one airport at least

Now they need to do similar with ALL air ports, trsain stations, police stations, care homes, Supermarkets etc etc

and ensure that there is speedy FULL testing for any that are flagged - not just sent home to self-isolate and sort out for themselves how they will survive

Like the supermarkets testing their customers - it needs to be put in place and a mechanism to get them on a priority food delivery while they are tested - and post testing if they show positive.

I saw that about the Turkish PPE

What a bloody farce.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Our lot were running round like headless chickens trying to play catch up. I'm sure there will be a refund of the money...

The Guardian have started publishing bits of the 2016 Exercise Cygnus report that Jeremy Hunt and the Tories seem to have ignored at the time. UK care homes say they weren't told of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/revealed-the-secret-report-that-gave-ministers-warning-of-care-home-coronavirus-crisis

From the article. 'It contained 26 key recommendations, including boosting the capacity of care homes and the numbers of staff available to work in them. It also warned of the challenge facing homes asked to take in patients from hospitals.

However, Martin Green, the chief executive of Care England, which represents the largest independent care home providers, said concerns raised by the exercise about the social care system’s ability to handle patients discharged from hospitals and the need for the largest private care providers to increase capacity were not raised by government agencies with his members.'

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

And the Labour MP Nadia Whittome, who went back to helping the NHS during Covid, has been sacked for speaking out about the lack of PPE.

Extracare are saying it was misinformation as there was no shortage....

rather strange that given that they, among many others, have cried out for help

"the ExtraCare Charitable Trust issued a cry for help on social media that could not have been more stark.

“This is an urgent appeal,” it stated. “Please help us care safely for our residents during the COVID-19 outbreak. We desperately need your help.”

The trust’s appeal – targeting businesses around Bristol – was for personal protective equipment (PPE) such as surgical masks, plastic-sleeved aprons, gloves, face shields and goggles. It asked businesses that might have supplies to donate or sell."

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/news/care-providers-desperate-to-plug-ppe-gaps-for-at-risk-staff-as-sector-is-hit-by-severe-shortage-66073

Nadia has tweeted:

If you're a care worker who has faced pressure, threats or disciplinary action for speaking out about PPE, contact my office *in confidence*.

We're collecting evidence on how care workers are undervalued, underpaid, and fear speaking out due to precarious employment status.

Plus:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-mp-nadia-whittome-sacked-21985519

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

The NHSx app (NHS + x others?)

All there issues I raised and more, in detail, and then some ...

(rather technical but worth persevering through)

Not a chance in hell I will be installing this app on any phone I actually use.

Report_-_Effective_App_Configurations.pdf

The Tory Legacy

Thast app is going nowhere near my phone either, have you seen the comments on the Register article about it, think its a big no no

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Here is the Register Link

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/05/uk_coronavirus_app/

And another one this one means I would not use their busted app no chance

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/04/uk_covid_app_human_rights_parliament/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Its not looking good HB, but then none opf the Parties have showered themselves in glory, all are complicit in the adoption of a Flu plan and ignoring any other threat.

https://tech.newstatesman.com/security/nhs-covid-19-contact-tracing-app-rollout

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/5/21248288/uk-covid-19-contact-tracing-app-bluetooth-restrictions-apple-google

and if nothing else .. its all uploaded to Dastardly doms central databases for post covid 'use.

"Britons will not be able to ask NHS admins to delete their COVID-19 contact-tracking data from government servers, digital arm NHSX's chief exec Matthew Gould admitted to MPs this afternoon."

"The UK is one of the few countries that has chosen to create a contact-tracing app that is incompatible with the contact-tracing API currently being developed by Google and Apple. Instead of decentralizing the data across devices, the UK will pool the information it collects in a single database"

"Already, the UK government appears to have undermined prior assurances that it won’t share the data it collects outside the NHS, suggesting other organizations might use the information for public health research in the future. This is something Apple and Google forbid for any app using their API, and another reason the UK has to build its app without the companies’ help."

and they aren't gonna test you - just instruct you to self isolate.

I will wet myself laughing if apple and google refuse to allow it in their stores due to data protection/privacy issues like they do with other spyware/malware.

Mind you, there is those proposed tax laws being ditched that change their minds ....

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Hope Google and Apple tell them to foxtrot oscar with the app, the government are being to Nanny with it all.  They do love big unwieldy databases for data to leak from don't they.   Even worse Dido Harding is involved, she of the Talk Talk data Breach debacle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52579547

• Like 1

From what I understand, all the contacts data will be held on a central DB, none of the stored locally on phone and you give permission for it to be uploaded initially declared.

Its a full blown we know where you've been and who you've been near even if you don't jobby

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

TV_Coronavirus.jpg

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

7 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Its not looking good HB, but then none opf the Parties have showered themselves in glory, all are complicit in the adoption of a Flu plan and ignoring any other threat.

You're not wrong on the flu plan but generally as a nation we only have ourselves to blame for electing successive Tory governments for the last 20 odd years in the full knowledge that Conservative governments = less government and less government machinery to plan for and equip ourselves for threats - with the exception of defence where Labour would leave us extremely vulnerable. 

On the data risk of the app I'd place more trust in the government than I ever would with the likes of Google and Apple.

@cjcregg  With Dido Harding in charge, I wouldn't trust them with the data. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52579547

Doesn't matter what Party all would have followed the same Influenza Plan that fell short with the Cygnus exercise.

Meanwhile

Interesting one linked from Dr North's blog today regarding Japanese response and infrastructure, 

https://moneyweek.com/economy/global-economy/601264/cluster-busting-japan-success-fighting-covid-19?utm_campaign=money-morning-newsletter

plus another good read on his blog

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87601#disqus_thread

Dr North and Pete his son, are aware of the lack of relevance of the  EU Referendumblog title, recognising that part is done, and the blog has been Covid-19 news for last 6 weeks; so are moving away from it to a new handle "Turbulent Times" that addresses more and varied issues, so a link to that here:  https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/

So Summary of testing

Hand-cock says 100,000 tests a day,
.. which it seems actually isnt 100,000 tests which is a figure apparently pulled out handcocks backside related in some theoretical way to the total possible tests that could maybe possibly have occurred one day in a perfect world.

Of course, handcock claimed the capacity was there and it was lack of demand..
... but then as soon as access to booking a test was actually made available, the sites ran out in minutes and collapsed under the strain
.. unequivocally demonstrating handcocks claims of 'little demand' as nothing more than more lying cobblers

So how many people are really being tested each day for the claimed 100,000 tests
- seems to be somewhere around 50-60,000 actual PEOPLE being tested at best.

So who apparently IS being tested

* Well - Politicians like Gove and his daughter - on request if someone in your family gets a sniffle  

* Rich folk (of course)

* anyone over 65 years old with real symptoms of Covid-19,
... unless they are just told to self isolate

* People who leave their homes to work, and are displaying signs of coronavirus,
... unless they are just told to self isolate

* asymptomatic NHS patients and possibly asymptomatic  staff

... staff is unless they are just told to self isolate

* Care home residents and staff will also be ABLE to access tests, even if they do not have symptoms

Actual reality to be confirmed and only probably thanks to the high level of reporting as hightail referred.

Who is *NOT* eleigible for tests then?

PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE including
* Shop staff serving hundreds of customers a day
* Delivery people (post, food, etc)
* Nurses, doctors and auxiliary staff - even those working in and around Covid wards - not even once, let alone at least weekly as they should be.

- so how crazy/incompetent/negligent/criminal is that?

AND what does does Johnson and handcock suggest will address this?

A phone app that tracks you and everyone you come within 40 feet of, takes all that data (presumably using your paid for data allowance)

and sends it to a central server and stores that data on you and those others

for as long as they like,

to do whatever they like with,

wherever they like
... and you having no rights over that data whether it was used for Coronavirus tracing or not

.. oh you might get a text demanding you self isolate from it ...

No testing, no explanation other than you might have been near someone, and no rights

whatsoever over what happens with your data, whether or not it has been of use for the STATED purpose.
... Especially as apparently part 3, section 61A of the Investigatory Powers Act enables

people with symptoms or a diagnosis of Coronavirus to be tracked without notice

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 06/05/2020 at 10:59, maroondevo52 said:

I couldn't get into the DWP in Cumbernauld to do a collection because of the cars in the KFC queue yesterday.

They are following Trumps suggestion to ingest bleaching agents to 'cure coronavirus

- They think its Genuine American Chlorine bleached Kentucky Fried chicken

Despite trump claiming it was 'in jest' ... not ingest

The Tory Legacy

They should have been doing that from day one.

another perspective on the Japanese cluster model and the social framework

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2020/04/28/commentary/japan-commentary/covid-19-strategy-japan-model/#.XrZl4cDTVPY

The Tory Legacy

If I had the contact tracing app, it would not show very much during a lockdown. Particularly, if I start working from home, when my office will be about 20 feet from my bedroom.  They will think that a hamster has downloaded the app.

I just wonder how long any partial lockdown is sustainable for.  The economic impact could be worse than having let a herd immunity policy run. I am not saying that I think that a herd immunity policy should have been implemented with few restrictions introduced, as the numbers of deaths may have been much greater.

When the lockdown measures are reduced, if there is a rise in new cases, you will see lockdown measures reintroduced. It could beome very difficult to manage.   People will get fed up, particularly during the Summer months.

Until someone mentioned the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968, I had not really thought about it. But that led to 1.5 million deaths around the world. I am not old enough to remember that, but can anyone remember how Governments reacted to that ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks