consumeractionmonkey23

Erudio/Drydens letter of claim - slc loans 95 / 96

I have received notification from Erudio of their account transfer to a new agency, namely their solicitor Drydens Fairfax (dated 19/SEP/2018).

Following this I waited to hear from Drydens and nothing came.

They have now sent a duplicate of their notification with all the same account details (this one dated 31/MAY/2019).

This was time it was subsequently followed by a letter from Drydens Fairfax Solicitors (dated 03/JUN/2019), they suggest this is a "Letter of Claim" claiming an Outstanding amount of nearly £4k. They include what appears to be an unbranded statement of account for 17/SEP/2018 which lists 4 credits to the account which they describe as interest, yet in the headers it shows Total Credits (~£300) and Total Interest as (~£200).

I completed deferments from loan inception in 1995 until the loan was sold from SLC to Erudio. I didn't complete the new deferment forms as they conferred extra rights.

I had sent deferment for 2013 - 2014 to SLC and I was adviced after this that my file and all correspondence including the deferment would have been sent following this deferment to Erudio. Thus I didn't complete the deferment that Erudio sent.

I am unsure if I completed 2014 - 2015 before the transfer and this would appear significant in terms of Statute Barring.

I had made a complaint against SLC however I believe this was after the file had been transferred and thus I don't believe Erudio have this.

Looking  back through my records Erudio sent a default notice on the 2/FEB/2016.

I have never sent anything to Erudio. SLC did not have my bank details and I'd made voluntary payments back in 2009 but nothing since.

Looking at the historic repayment thresholds I have always been under the income limits.

I don't know if it's relevant but following Erudio's takeover I received nothing but the original notification of take over and a deferment form.

As I explained above I had just deferred with SLC and thus this was ignored.

I received a Remedy of Account notice indicating that they are required to send notices to their customers to inform them of the status of their account.

They list the take over date as 01/MAR/2014 and suggest that they hadn't sent the statutory notices that they were supposed to and they had now been enclosed with the letter.

They suggest they haven't charged interest whilst the CCA communications have been outstanding on the account and that interest will continue with effect of 01/DEC/2015. The letter also suggests an arrears amount of ~£1500.

Interestingly the Drydens letter states that they took over the account in NOV/2013 and that my loan relates to `1996.

How should I proceed which templates do I send and to whom?

I haven't replied to their Letter of Claim or completed the enclosed form.

I assume doing so is ill advised.

They suggest I have 30 days to respond to the letter (03/JUN/2019).

I have been hesitant to put exact figures in case they haunt the forums which given everything I've heard wouldn't surprise me.

P.S. Thank you for being here and for doing the sterling work that you do!

You are very very much appreciated.

get your finger out.

you must reply to the letter of claim

as stated in every PAP letter thread here regarding drydens/erudio and old SLC stuff.

go ring slc and ask the date of your last deferment.

if they refuse, quote them the two acts

prevention of fraud

and 

data protection act.

that they MUST hold data for 6yrs under both

and if they wont give the data you will be immediately phoning the ICO and raising a serious complaint against them.

now if they don't hold the data, as its over 6yrs old

i'd say its safe to say the debt is statute barred

reply to drydens PAP as per the other threads here

send our SB letter

DO NOT USE THEIR REPLY PACK.

use our in our PAP thread.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for your prompt reply DX100UK.

I have a complaint letter received following a phone call with SLC it is dated after all documents were sent to Erudio.

It states that my last deferment was accepted on the 08/JUL/2013 and was due to expire on 01/APR/2014.

Deferment documents had already been sent before the transfer and I was concerned that I had completed these and sent them to SLC. I was worried that although received by SLC and not accepted by them that that deferment had been forwarded to Erudio.

I rang SLC as you suggested.

They were helpful and confirmed that the last deferment accepted was 2013 - 2014 and that they never received and thus didn't forward the 2014 - 2015 deferment to Erudio.

So if they are to be believed and I didn't do something stupid and forward the SLC form to Erudio directly then the last official contact is 08/JUL/2013 thus it will become statue barred on 08/JUL/2019?

no the debt is SB'd , just because SLC took a few month to actually register your last deferral is not your problem.

use our reply pack in either post at the end here

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thank you DX100UK.

I sent the forum's reply pack and a formal request for a copy of the signed credit agreement and enclosed the postal order on the 27/JUN/2019. I sent the formal request direct to Erudio and a copy of the formal request to Drydens along with the reply pack. In it I stated that the debt was statue barred.

I received no reply as yet.

However on the 09/JUL/2019 I received another letter of claim which appears to be an exact copy of the initial one (which again states I have 30 days to respond). How should I deal with this in your opinion?

Do I reply again as before including a second postal order or ignore it or something else?

just send them our SB letter in the debt collection section of our library

dx

spreadsheets