• Tweets

• Name of the Claimant ? Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 20 Nov 2019    Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) - XX + 19 = 08 Dec 08 Dec + 14 days = 22 Dec 19   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total    Particulars of Claim The defendant owes £25k (debt under a credit card agreement with ADCB dated xx/08/2014 despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £25k and also claims interest thereonpursuant to section 69 of the country court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £2000.   What is the total value of the claim? £27900   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes - left Dubai   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After - Aug 2014   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Representative of bank visited at my place of work with all documentation.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Not sure - Can’t see it on Clearscore (Equifax), only have basic Experian app (not Credit Expert).   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Note sure; don’t think so. Moriarty claim to have “been instructed on behalf of ADCB”   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No; only had a letter, then a Final Demand, then the Claim Form and another letter )all from Moriarty)   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant so had to leave UAE to return to UK. Despite me advising  ADCB’s ‘agents’ (DCAs etc) I had no savings, couldn’t find any work nor borrow money to make repayments and was presently in a DMP, I was requested to make a payment as a “good faith” gesture and then they would agree that the sum would not accrue any further interest and subsequently enter into an “affordable agreement”.   Despite my intention to offer any possible solution that I could manage - e.g. merging into my DMP - ADCB were not interested and it reached an impasse.   The payment I did make incurred high charges (SWIFT payment) so I requested if I could pay by card or a method that would not incur high charges. I also offered to agree to % of any future income earned as well as a regular affordable sum. I was advised this would be possible, but all promises made to me proved to be false and so despite me communicating my situation to ADCB all I was offered was to enter into an agreement that I could not afford or ‘final settlement’ that I also could not afford. In addition to this, I’ve had all sorts of obfuscation, misrepresentation and false promises - esp. relative to Central Bank Listing, police case and suchlike -  that I was only promised would be “cleared up” should I make payment. So the situation reached impasse - I wasn’t getting any sense or manageable proposals and I certainly couldn’t afford to keep paying the amounts suggested (especially incurring £20+ charges each time).   What was the date of your last payment? Jul 16   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? ADCB didn’t seem interested in the litany of  questionable methods employed by their representatives - e.g. misrepresentations, fraud, deceit - and my suggestions of possible solutions (DMP or % of future income) were ignored, rather they just kept wanting money I didn’t have to ‘hold off’.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes - see above; I advised them I had lost my job, could not find employment, had no savings but would be agreeable to adding to my DMP OR perhaps agreeing to a payment plan on a % basis of any future income.   QUESTIONS Do I need to get a full Credit Report from Experian or Equifax (other than the apps)?  
    • I have had so much help on here in the past with Halifax and Paragon. After my win in court last october with Paragon they sold the debt to Mars Capital. I haven't had much to do with them yet but i know they are a vulture fund, they buy these loans at a cost. I want rid of it. The original loan was £35 k and paid in multiple payments to people i owed money to and some to me. Ive had high levels of arrears for at least 10 years i think . Are they adding interest to my arrears? does it go on balance - it says i now owe £54 k when i have been paying since 2007. I have high levels of chargers on there which i need to add up and ask to be deducted. If i worked out how much i had paid and offered them £12k or less are they no likely at all to take it or will they still expect £54k.  I want to offer a lump sum to get rid of it this year but there are so many issues with this loan - i SAR them back when paragon had it but i don't want to rock the boat - but if they don't have the credit agreement do courts still view this as unenforceable ??? should mars keep to the same rate that the original lender took loan out for??  I have threads on here going back years - the loan was with Advantage then to ADV2 then paragon now Mars Capital , a company called loan makers sorted out the secured loan - they were not paid by myself the fee was put on the mortgage / loan i think
    • Can I just leave it as saved and not submit or do I need to delete everything?
    • don't file yet not needed till/by 4pm tomorrow   let andyorch check things over 1st    
  • Our picks

endgame19

Care Parking ANPR PCN - Festival Leisure Park, Blackpool

Hi

im after a bit of advice concerning a parking charge i received,

im on the second letter at the moment after politely declining their offer of payment within 30 days,

this happened after parking at festival leisure park and going to the pictures,

there are NO parking signs on the entrance and i had no idea there was a time limit in place.

This happened on the 1st of april and any advice would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Could you let us have the information requested in the forum sticky please? It will help us to advise you. The guys may have other questions, but this short questionnaire will be a good start.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] 

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement   24/3/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]   01/04/19

3 Date received   04/04/19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?   Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]   N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up   n/a

7 Who is the parking company?  Care Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]   Festival Leisure Park, Blackpool

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.   BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

Thank you for the information. I've copied and pasted the questions and added your answers in post #4 above and hidden your reply so as not to duplicated information.

HB

can you scan up the NTK both side to one multipage PDF please

read upload

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

read the Backpool Gazette dec 5th and 6th.

thye dont have planning permission for their equipment so they are breaking the law despite their assertions that they dont need it..

however there is a scheme where the cinema and restaurants sign off your visit to allow yo to stay beyond 3 hours so i would be getting in touch with the Odeon first and asking them fairly strongly to get this charge cancelled and remind them of the newspaper  interest in this and the lack of prominence within the cinema of how to use the pre-authorisation system.

I was actually there 15mins over apparently and that was because the film over ran!

my respnse still applies and doubly so

There is a minimum 10 minute grace period, and as the film overran overstay was beyond your control, get on to Odeon as ericsbrother suggests, and also get on to gazette.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you have a pop at anyone involved other than the parking co at this stage. Use social media to slag off the landlord and Odeon cinemas if they arent willing to help you

You could also get on to the BPA in this instance.

They don't usually get involved but their own Director of Corporate Affairs has gone on record about this.

Don't mention the film running over as that gives them the option of saying you are asking for mitigating circumstances when you are not. You are just asking that BPA members observe BPA  guide lines since  that is partly why these parking companies are allowed data from the DVLA.

Remind BPA that by washing their hands on this incident it will lead to complaints to DVLA, ICO, MPs and the newspapers.

State that you fully expect them to observe their own rulings and cancel the PCN.

Do not say please or beg them to do it they have to stand by their own guide lines.

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/good-car-parking-practice-includes-grace-periods

Hi thanks for the replys im going into the cinema this weekend and asking them to sort it out.

Is the best course of action still not to contact them directly about the ticket as they will then know i was the driver ?

As im also a type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump every time i go to drive i have to test my blood sugars are ok so i cant just hop in my car and drive off.

why do you think we advise a course of action if we thought that doing anything BUT that was a better idea?

I would have got on to Odeon HO as soon as,

if you leave it to the weekend the chances are that you wont speak to the right person,

the person you do speak to will agree to help just to get you out of the building and it will all be forgotten about until it is too late.

get on to head Office and tell them that you have read all about the bandit parking co and what are they going to do about it before you go to the papers as they have failed to advertise things properly in their cinema ( that is within their realm even if the parking rules aren't)?

your last point is totally irrelevant, t

he BBC wont change the timings of the end of its programmes so you can quickly nip out and inject

so start to think about what this is,

a dispute over the ability of a company to offer you a contract.

It doesn't matter what that contract is for,

it could be for making you a suit or  delivering pizza,

the important thing is do they have the right to enter into a contract with you and set particular terms that are the binding on you?

I will be phoning head office first thing in the morning to try and get this sorted out.

Right just spoke to the odeon HQ and as i thought its nothing to do with them they cant get the ticket cancelled as they do not own the land and its not their car park,they say their are signs in the cinema(which there are,they tell you to speak to a member of staff if overstaying of which theyre werent any) and i would have to email the parking company and appeal!

He wasnt even aware they had been in the gazette before about this issue.

Onto the BPA now then.

The BPA are unable to assist in individual parking ticket matters

Does anybody think it worthwhile to contact the parking company and appeal this ticket now and see what they say?

Don't appeal to the PPC at this stage, it would possibly be counterproductive and limit options down the road.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ive taken pictures of the car park in case this goes as far as they threaten and also the comments made by the counsellor in blackpool about the illegal cameras and also the guidelines by the BPA in march this year so we will have to wait and see where they would like to take this.

Hi.

I think that's right, keep your powder dry and if they misguidedly decide to threaten court action we can advise you what to do next. Don't be tempted to get into letter tennis.

HB

Thanks honeybee they've already threatened court in letter 2 😊

Unless it was a letter of/before claim from one of the paperwork only fake/tame solicitors..it safe to ignore them all.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I take that you rang them up and the above was their reply? 

You have to understand that once a parking company has written demanding money from you they will not let go for months. They will use every trick and threat to try and force some money out of you even though they are well aware, as in your case, that no money is owed.

To try and stop them in their tracks I posted a directive from a Director of BPA about waiting times. Of course you are going to be fobbed off using the phone. You need to write to the Directors of the Company so that there is a paper trail and they are aware of the consequences of fobbing you off. Your letter should go something along these lines-

1] you have received a parking ticket from one of their members for leaving only  15 minutes over the allotted time. 

2] this is in complete contradiction to the time lines as advised by your own Director [and you should include the URL I entered on my earlier post.

3] as Care Parking have refused to cancel my ticket they are in breach of BPA guide lines which should mean that they are not permitted to have access to DVLA data according to your rules.

4] I would be grateful if you could kindly advise Care parking of their responsibility to adhere to your Regulations

5] you will appreciate that if your response to me is that you will take no action then a strong complaint will be put to  my MP, the DVLA, the ICO and the Press that if you are not prepared to stand by your own directives it calls into question your fitness to run such an organisation.

For extra weight you could copy in your local MP which means BPA would have to respond to them as well as you which might concentrate their minds a little more.

That has a much better chance than a phone call and could set a precedent for others in future. 

social media regarding the ODEON as they have failed to warn their customers and it was their fault the film overran so they should either pay this bill for you or tell the landlord to tell the parking bandits to cancel.

If they dotn bite you let Odeon know that when you sue the parking co you will name them as co-defendants

Thanks for all the advice and that sounds good lookinforinfo im going to write them a letter and see what happens,im not holding my breath though.

I did speak to head office on the phone and that was their reply.

Theres no way on gods earth they will be getting any money off me unless they take me to court and win which from the information available i think is highly unlikely but we will wait and see.