Exercise4less/Harlands/CRS Trifecta

Falkirk86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a Gym Membership with Exercise 4 Less Falkirk in around January 2015.

At this time I signed up for a 12 month membership

at the same time My sister opted for a rolling contract with them.

At the time we asked if their was cancellation fee.

We were told by the person on site,

yes for my sister and for that there would be no cancellation fee if i completed my contract.

(I now believe this may have been a complete lie to get me to sign up after what happened.)

At the end of June this year I cancelled my membership with the gym via their online form.

I received an email from them on the 22nd of July stating that they had taken note of this and would cancel my membership and my direct debit.

There was nothing on this email stating there was a final fee.

On the 6th of August they tried to take money from my account,

the amount being the £14.99 normal membership fee.

I tried to contact them about this by received to reply.

Two weeks later I received a test message, not even a call demanding money from Exercise4less.

The person on the phone was rude and less than helpful and didn't want to listen to anything they were told and told me they had sent me hundreds of letters, i had received none.

the call was ended.

I called back the next day hoping to speak to someone else

Bbut was met with the same kind of attitude and telling me that I had to sort this was Harlands. Which left me confused to why they were chasing the money if I had to go through someone else to pay?

I then tried to contact both parties through a intermediary site completed with screen shots of the correspondence I had with them and had no reply.

I have now received a letter from CRS demanding £222.47.

Which is the only letter I have been sent.

I have not idea where i stand with this.

Go read other threads you'll soon get the idea

Send the slick132 letter offering 1 month fee which you do owe following cancel but nothing more

They are not bailiffs and then can be ignored

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore CRS, embarrass the gym on their own social media sites, as well as making a formal complaint too them.

Stay off the phone, keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events, but above all else, IGNORE their pathetic little DCA's, report the gym to the FCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Falkirk and welcome to CAG,

Who is Trifecta ?

See the guide about cancelling here - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

The guide confirms that, in your case where you've completed the minimum m/ship period, after giving notice to quit you need to pay one final fee.

If you didn't get this right, offer to pay one final month's fee. See the letter here and follow the advice about proof of posting - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012255&viewfull=1#post5012255

Adapt the letter to suit your own case, send it to Harlands and let us know how they reply. Don't bother with the gym just now as they won't help you.

Don't communicate by phone or email at all.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Falkirk,

Thanks and I now see the Trifecta analogy !

Harlands/CRS are one and the same Harlands pretend CRS are a separate entity but it's their attempt to make CRS appear as "The next step" in collection/enforcement.

Take time to read other threads here as they'll give you good guidance. Eg - read this thread - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?453579-CRS-Harlands-Xercise4Less&p=5069805&viewfull=1#post5069805

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)