PIP Advice after award given

nigrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My deadline to send a letter of reasons why I feel I should have received more points is 29th June , I hasvve requested extra time to reply but have not heard from the DWP.

Is it worth phoning them to ask if it has been allowed ?

I am also struggling with the content of the letter and wondered if anyone can advise.

The main area that I feel I should receive points but was awarded none is the Planning & following a journey section. The assessor states that because I am able to drive I go the the local shops and to work on most days, she actually said to me you can get to work & local shops can't you , as I was being pressed for an answer and the assessor was rushing me I said yes but did not get given the opportunity to say that my Wife comes with me to help me in and out of the car and also to get a taxi for us when I feel that my pain is too great to allow me to drive back from the shops.

The decision maker has said that I attended the assessment alone which as I feel that the journey to and from the assessment forms part of the assessment this is not the case as my Wife had to come with me and help me plan the route into the building , and also show where the toilets were.

Can anyone help me with the content of the letter to challenge the decision.

Nic

It is highly unlikely that you will be allowed extra time to submit that information.

Your physical restrictions and pain are not considered in the planning and following journey activity as they are considered in the next activity (moving around) that considers the ability to stand and move. So your wife accompanying you to help you in and out of the car is not considered, they are looking at it you have any cognitive, sensory or mental health that would prevent you from planning and following a journey. How often do you go the local shops and how often do you go to work? Does your wife accompany you for any other reason apart from the physical help to allow you to get in and out of the car. Although you were accompanied to the assessment centre you were not accompanied for the actual assessment so they are looking at how you coped alone in the room and whether you needed any simplification of the questions.

My take on the text that you have given above is that as you told the assessor that you can drive and go to the local shops and to work that you can make a journey on most days

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/600951/admp2.pdf or try

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnou-83djUAhWJIMAKHYT4DO8QFghcMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fgovernment%2Fuploads%2Fsystem%2Fuploads%2Fattachment_data%2Ffile%2F570761%2Fadmp2.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHwYt-kHQFWZ-0bxZzds6DQQWv8hw

if this link works and you look at page 64 (I think it is) it gives the actual descriptor log for PIP and how the information is considered.

Hi all,

I have attached a copy of the reasons that I feel descriptor 2e (moving around) should be applied to my claim and would be grateful if someone could read through it and advise if it is OK. It mainly covers what the Face to Face assessor based there decision on when she said that I could walk between 50 & 200 meters.

I remember that this was a factor when my DLA was awarded and I think that this descriptor should apply now for PIP as my condition is degenerative and therefore cannot have improved.

Thanks

Nic

Descriptor 2e.pdf

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I was awarded PIP for three years in 2017 and wondered if I should receive an award letter each year as I cannot remember receiving one since the first award letter.

Any advice appreciated

nic