Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Labout can't win unless they convince Worcester Wendy and Dagenham Dave that they have the package that they can support. E.g good leader and policies. I should imagine that the Tories and their media friends will work out that Labours plans can only be afforded by increasing payroll taxes for most people.

People don't vote for tax increases at elections. You have to lie to them and within a month of the election increase taxes in an emergency budget, because the last Government left a large hole in the budget.

No wonder people have gone off politics, as it is played by people who only win by telling untruths.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Labour manifesto is right for the people what's the problem of it being leaked?

That is the question I would like answered :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Who then?

quite, who to vote for? 'none of the above'

soundbites everywhere, as seen in QT last night mentioned. they get asked a q, which doesnt get answered properly, then midway its the old political 'can i just say this....' soundbite

as posted, voting green

:)

raving mad party

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Well I am not a betting man but just check the odds on the General Election every now and again.

Labour are pretty good odds if you are a gambler.Maybe 12-1 ,something like that.

The article explains things better.

But if 10 million of us pop out tomorrow morning at exactly 10am at the Bookmakers and put a 50 on Labour.

Well happy days.

Link.

Man puts £10k bet on Corbyn to win the general election

An anonymous punter stands to win £182,000 if his bets on Labour winning June's general election come off.

Bookmaker Betfred said the 24-year-old graduate from Norwich, who does not want to be named, placed a series of wagers amounting to £10,000.

He put £6,000 on Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn becoming the next prime minister at odds of 12/1 and £3,000 at 20/1 on Labour winning the most seats.

A further £1,000 at 40/1 odds was put on the party achieving a majority.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-39894643

raving mad party

labour it is for you then snowdragon.

I'd vote for Guy Fawkes if he was still around.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

I reckon we should give anarchy a try, to see whether people can manage without politicians.

It might be a bit like when traffic lights are not working. Drivers seem to work out a way to navigate the junction without any problems and it can often be quicker.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I reckon we should give anarchy a try, to see whether people can manage without politicians.

but then something/one wld be needed to control the anarchy if it gets out of control :)

Find out how powerful your vote is compared to the UK average

Find out how powerful your vote is in this general election. Search the Voter Power Index for your constituency.

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

I got this message for both a postcode and constituency search

Sorry, we didn't find any results for this search

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CB

But where you live it must be an easy Tory win, as UKIP votes will go to the Tories.

I live in a Tory seat, where Lib Dems need a large swing of votes to them to win. I can't see it happening, unless people vote tactically,, rather than waste votes for Labour etc.

What do you think of automatic sign over of a property to cover care costs ? It sounds like the Tories intend to legislate so those going into care have to legally sign to commit to selling the house on death, to cover care costs. They are not waiting until savings meets the threshold before the house has to be sold to cover costs. This could mean that having to legally sign over property proceed rights at the start puts people off entering relatives into care when it is the best option. Also care homes knowing the likely value they might receive, might be tempted to increase fees, seeing it as an opportunity

I got this message for both a postcode and constituency search

How strange.Popped my town in and hey presto, as expected old Tawnyowls vote could be pretty vital.

As expected of course.:lol:

Voters in Blackpool North & Cleveleys have

2.3x more voting power
than the UK average.:sad:

unclebulgarias67s post with info on care must be worrying many people.

The population is ageing fast.

CB

But where you live it must be an easy Tory win, as UKIP votes will go to the Tories.

I live in a Tory seat, where Lib Dems need a large swing of votes to them to win. I can't see it happening, unless people vote tactically,, rather than waste votes for Labour etc.

What do you think of automatic sign over of a property to cover care costs ? It sounds like the Tories intend to legislate so those going into care have to legally sign to commit to selling the house on death, to cover care costs. They are not waiting until savings meets the threshold before the house has to be sold to cover costs. This could mean that having to legally sign over property proceed rights at the start puts people off entering relatives into care when it is the best option. Also care homes knowing the likely value they might receive, might be tempted to increase fees, seeing it as an opportunity

Ah right, I didn't think of that :)

I think Theresa May will probably lose a hell of a lot of votes with her attack on Pensioners. It is quite disgraceful.

BCOBS

I'm now thinking those children in a good financial position, it would be more cost effective to employ private care, not agency, e.g 24 hours a day than sell a parent(s) home. A home rises in gain, imo, so avoiding selling is best option and your member of family can stay in their house in familiar surroundings and a home they love.

Good post Determindator.

Many elderly people and their families must be worried sick.

Strong and Stable,like a flaming parrot.Theresa May.

Just been looking at what the Spanish think about how the Election is going:lol:

Spanish commentators discuss the UK general election

Let's say £10 an hour was paid from a starting point, that's £87,600 a year. Homes seem to be increasing in leaps and bounds each year out weighing much of care costs. Obviously, i'm talking about a certain group of people, but many, who could do this.

That cost is reduced significantly if you didn't need 24 hour care, e.g 4 hours a day £14,600 a year, imo

This means if a carer worked 8 hours a day they would be on a wage of £29200 PA. Obviously there's annual leave, weekends etc even the deduction of that off your wages you be much better off than working for a care company, imo. You would be self employed with the benefits that brings.

I'm now thinking those children in a good financial position, it would be more cost effective to employ private care, not agency, e.g 24 hours a day than sell a parent(s) home. A home rises in gain, imo, so avoiding selling is best option and your member of family can stay in their house in familiar surroundings and a home they love.

That would be expensive, as nursing companies charge £20 an hour to care for people on private home visits. Care homes charge about £5 an hour to cover 24/7 care for people.

Personally, i think people are better off having very unhealthy diets and taking part in dangerous sporting activities than going into a care home. Yes they won't live as long, but at least they will have quality of life. If you have been to a care home where people have dementia, it can be a very upsetting experience. They don't really know what day of the week it is and often don't recognise visitors. If they remember anything, it is from about 40 years ago. My aunt would suddenly burst into tears after realising that her Sisters were not alive. They died years ago and she went to their funerals.

That would be expensive, as nursing companies charge £20 an hour to care for people on private home visits. Care homes charge about £5 an hour to cover 24/7 care for people.

I've done a bit more typing since that post UncleB:madgrin:

If you have been to a care home where people have dementia, it can be a very upsetting experience. They don't really know what day of the week it is and often don't recognise visitors. If they remember anything, it is from about 40 years ago. My aunt would suddenly burst into tears after realising that her Sisters were not alive. They died years ago and she went to their funerals.

Anyone who has had to care for someone with Dementia understands every word you have just said.

I have and have never known anything like it. A 24 hour a day job.

So when I remember what they and myself went through I always come back to this song.

It was sung and written about a time in the musician's life when he looked after her and his mother saw strange things.Faces in the trees etc.

And will understand this song.

Apologies for going slightly off election
.Strong memories I will never forget.

David Gilmour - Faces Of Stone

I've done a bit more typing since that post UncleB:madgrin:

Yep, seen that. If you employed a nurse directly, you would also have to pay their pension, as it is the law now. Don't know how much though.

There are loads of companies that provide live in carers and the staff they employ who are not even qualified. A nephew of mine was given 2 weeks training by a company and then had to live in a house looking after a disabled person.

I think there is another model to look at, which happens in Australia and might do here. You buy an apartment or bungalow in a care village, where you have nurses etc onsite living in their own accommodation. Each apartment/bungalow offers private independent accommodation, where people have a nicer more dignified private space and they have visits by care staff at allotted times. There are also alarms in each room that can be triggered, so care staff can react. There are also community facilities onsite for social activities. The good thing about this model is that they own the property and as they are popular they increase in value. There are also properties where couples can stay together, rather than be be split up, when one needs more care.

Ideally yes there are better models which could be implemented. Wouldn't it be good if they were explored and with more enthusiasm.

Referring to your pension point, the carer would be self employed and I believe would be their responsibility, and yes proper training and vetting would need to be addressed before you undertook the person carer.

A thought occurs to me about the care home issue.

What happens when one of a married couple who is older goes into care ? How is the Tory proposed policy going to affect them.

If you have say an 80 year old man who goes into care and a wife of say 70 who stays in the family home. Because the council don't pay the full rate, she has been paying a top up amount. Her husband then dies and the government has a charge on the family home for the care fees. Obviously she does not have to sell the house immediately, but if say she wanted to move house, no doubt any conveyancing Solicitor would have to pay the government their care home fee debt. Or would government allow charge on house to be transfered to her new house ?

Is the Tory policy of an upfront charge on property at time of entering a care home making it more complicated ?

If when the wife in this situation needs to go into a care home later, there would then be a second charge added to any house ? How would government know value of equity in any home ? Compulsory valuation at time of entering into care home, so goverment knew approximately how much was available.

I think if and when any new Tory government come to legislate for this change, they are going to face a lot of opposition, including from many Tories. I don't quite get why they don't just introduce a cap on fees per person and a calculation is done at time of death how much of a charge on property is due. There needs to a balance made between how much the state pay from taxation and how much people pay from savings/assets.

Exactly Uncle B let's see if it's just a vote lure for floaters who may have usually voted Labour, in the sense it seems the Tories are saying the better off will pay.

Labour will address free parking in hospitals it seems. If a token amount needs to be paid as there is upkeep/maintenance to consider, that's also acceptable and any profit back to the NHS. We should have the best equipment which exists in our hospital system.