Koosnaff vs HSBC

koosnaff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, we took the plunge and are sending our Prelim letter and schedule (which ammounts to a few pounds short of £4k) by Special Delivery in the morning. I have also spread the good word, and 2 of my work colleagues have been through their statements and are doing the same.

Fingers crossed we have the same good fortune as everyone else who has been successful, and congrats to them and anyone else planning to claim back what is rightfully theirs!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

We have just filled out the Money Claim Online details, and now have action against the HSBC!

Wanted to do this last week when the 14 days after the LBA run out, but had to wait till we got paid, lol.

Interestingly enough, yesterday morning we received a response from the HSBC to the preliminary, (which we sent 17 November!) It goes as follows...

"Thank you for your letter dated 17th November 2006 concerning your request for a refund of bank charges. I apologise for not yet having fully completed my investigation."

"I will contact you again by 16 January 2007" (LOL, bloody cheek!) "and I expect to be able to provide you with a full response at that time"

"In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with. If you need to contact us, please quote the above customer reference number."

Yours, blah blah, Colin Langdale, Senior Service Quality Officer

We have ignored this stalling tactic by the bank, and proceded with the claim anyhow. The letter does not require a response, and as far as we are concerned it arrived well after it should have done, and did not contain a cheque so we are trooping on.

Watch this space, and best of luck to all others currently on the road with us.

just did my mcol today as well.. seems we are on the same timeline koosnaff.. hope you dont mind if i follow your thread.. teehee.. hope you keep me posted as well.. goodluck with yours.. and lucky you, you got a response from them, me?! nada.. those bloody bogies.. oops sorry.. i just hope i did the whole process right.. we just have to wait now for acknowledgment i suppose.. happy new year by the way

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi koosnaff and honeygie, I filed my claim in court yesterday so I guess that's the 3 of us waiting and hoping! will follow both your threads with great interest. Here's hoping for a happy and VERY prosperous New Year!

Lisa

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies. We will keep an eye on your threads too.

We recieved the notice of service today. Are we right in thinking that we now have to wait for the acknowledgment papers before sending off the copies of the breakdown of chrges to them and the HSBC again?

Its all getting a little more complicated now, and we dont want to mess it all up at this stage.

Good luck and Happy New Year to all.

glad to hear i am not waiting on my own.. and i got the same letter in those exact same words just today, it was dated yesterday~ 20 days after the lba letter expired on them.. hmm.. how funny.. i dont know, do we need to respond to that? claim has been sent to hsbc yesterday accdg to my notice of issue and it will be deemed served on the 7th. hope we all got the same dates.. lol.. anyway.. i read in another thread that it has been suggested to send 3 copies to the court (northampton) and to DG.. but we havent got their address yet.. so i think it is fine to wait.

then again. dont take my word for it.. i get confused easily.. i might have misread the thread as well . anyway.. glad we're keeping each other company.. rock on guys!!! ;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

My my Colin has been busy hasn't he.

Honey, we haven't responded to Colin's letter. Just carried on regardless. Its dosn't ask for a response anyway. Our claim too is deemed served on the 7th, giving them till 21st to reply. So our dates do appear to be the same.

Nogard will keep an eye on your tread too, all in it together eh!

Great to know we are not alone..:D

Good Luck

I appear to be in front of you as mine was served on 20th Dec. but our Colin must have come back from his Christmas break and just sent out a bunch of letters with the same dates on them. Sort of individual service we have come expect from the listening bank.

Interesting!

We received a letter today from HSBC saying thanks for our letter, and then all the yada-yada that follows, and then an offer of £3400 !

Our original request was for £3972.89 and that does not include any kind of interest - its just the charges.

Now, we have already filed our MCOL, and of course added interest, and the total figure of our claim is now £4806.46.

Should I reply to HSBC and say that due to the fact they didn't get back to me in time, I have now filed a claim for the figure above and say that is the least I expect and remind them that interest is accrueing at £0.86 a day and see if they offer the full amount?

Or should I just refuse, and continue with the process, using the standard refusal template?

Any suggestions welcomed...

standard advice from those who appear to know seems to be to say" thank you for the part payment and when you send the rest i'll stop the action". Thats a big lump of moolah they dont want to pay you. I would take time to check as many threads as possible and see if anyone who turned down an offer has ever regretted it. Maybe thats the start of a new thread?

i would send the refusal template and carry on claiming.

The template im thinkin g of accepts the offer as part payment but makes clear that you will continue to claim for the remaining amount.

HSBC'S policy seems to be to offer around 80ish% of what being claimed as thats what theyve done with you, me and others.

I guess they do this as they are saving some money and avaoiding interest and court costs if you accept.

good luck mate il keep an eye on your thread

it is really all up to you koosnaff, if you want to settle for anything less than what you are expecting..i know it is easy to say, but you've waited this far, they had their chance to pay you back.. anyways, goodluck and keep us posted...

Thanks Honeygie - I think we are going to soldier on for definate.

The letter gives us 10 days to respond, otherwise it will be deemed as rejected. I'm just in 2 minds whether to respond with a rejection, or just not bother and make them sweat...

as the letter was from colin and he's hsbc and you have claimed, you are now dealing with dg solicitors. so, yes, i would respond - simply in case the worst case scenario - you ever got to court - you have all the paperwork to show you acted responsibly. use the template above - and tweak it to say you've now filed a court claim and will now require xxxxx to settle and halt the claim.

you could sign the acceptance and just cross off the full and final settlement or not - doesn't matter - they wouldn't pay it anyway unless you were accepting it wholly.

also, it's so good - you've got this little support group going already - to all of you - when you get the acknowledgment papers - send the court 3 copies of your breakdown (unless you did the N1 instead of the MCOL, as you will already have sent them), and look for dg's address near the box they tick where they "intend" to defend and send them a copy of the breakdown. when you send copies - reference your claim number from the court....

to all of you, the date the claim is served is the day you count from - 14 days they have from then to acknowledge (99.9% of the time they will), this buys them another 14, so 28 from the date served.

if by chance they don't acknowledge, press the judgment button (N1 call the court) on the 15th day. and ask (press) for judgment.

same goes if you haven't heard by the 29th day if they acknowledge. again in 99.9% of the cases they file the defense at the very last moment. hopefully you could receive offers before then but don't hold your collective breathes.

if you stick with it to the end - barring anything weird with your claim - you will get your money. just don't get impatient - ignore letters from colin saying he's looking into it. you are on your own timetable now with the claim - just relax - and keep in touch with each other and ask if you have questions. good luck all - it's going to be a good february!

mr. loveletter Colin really likes you koosnaff.. teehee.. all i heard from him is he's gonna contact me on feb 9.. im glad he didnt make it feb 14 coz i wont be impressed.. lol, joking aside.. i got acknowledgment service notice today. hsbc has got 28 days to file defence starting 4 jan. so i wait.. goodluck.. glad you were able to make a quick decision about it..

Thanks for your support guys - we have received the Acknowledgement of Service this morning too, so will be sending out our copies of the schedules (3 to the court, 2 to DG Solicitors) - FYI Deborah D'Aubney is acting on behalf of DG.

I agree, gonna be a Fab Feb !

gosh, we sure are koos... well, keep our fingers crossed..and our toes too? toinks... here's to a fab feb!!!

Well copies of the scedule are in their envelopes ready to go to the post office tomorrow, along with a rejection letter to Colin (hope he is't offended ;) ).

Is it worth us also faxing a copy to DG as well as the postal copy. Don't want to go for overkill, but have noticed some peeps on here have faxed them too.

Keep smiling all !!