Digital signed contract from U.S will I have pay up in full?

karel35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This was my girlfriend who did this without me knowing.

She signed up to some well being 6 month course where they offered it for $10,000 and she said she could not afford it so they let her have it for $7500 and she signed some digital contract that states if it does not work you don't get your money back.

Well it turned out to be a few videos on well being, food and exercise etc and 2 x 1hr group calls, a total rip off and it has done nothing for her at all and she feels utterly stupid for signing up and wants out.

She is paying £250 a month and has 3 months left of the course but around 2 years to pay it off, she is v angry and feels duped.

My question is if she walked away now,

would they chase her for the money through any court action or other?

Thanks

not that i'm aware of no.

and I doubt they wont have any court jurisdiction in this country either.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You would need to check the contract terms about whether any debt owed could be subject to court enforcement outside of the US. If the answer is yes, then a UK court would look at it, if they issued a UK court claim. A digitally signed contract can be just as valid as any other.

Suggest that she stops paying and registers a formal complaint about the product/service offered.

The silly thing is that in most areas of the country, you can access these type of courses for a small fee and there is plenty of free information online.

These type of companies prey on vulnerable people online, make silly decisions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I know uncle as I am in this field myself and know all about these kind of organisations, how they prey on people and I told her all this after I found out and she feels silly for doing it now, I did not know at the time otherwise I would have told her to keep away, but it's too late now and I am just trying to help her not get ripped off anymore.

In theory, they could sue her in the UK. They could also sue her in the US, get a default judgment in the US, and try to enforce that in the UK.

In reality, the company is unlikely to have the funds and legal know-how to do that. Especially if they are only based in the US and would need to pay UK solicitors to do anything in the UK. I'd say if you register a complaint and stop paying the chances of them enforcing through court are pretty low.

If they had a guarantee about being able to get a refund if the program doesn't work for you, have a read of the refund conditions and ask for the refund.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS