Xercise4Less Cancellation Worries

Ulysses2281
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so what?

they cant do anything

no DCA has any legal powers

they are NOT BAILIFFS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ulysses,

Read other threads here. If you did this, you'd learn already that Harlands/CRS demands are mainly speculative.

Harlands/CRS can add all the admin fees they like but that does NOT mean they are payable or enforceable.

Ignore their silly threats and keep us posted about further contact.

Read threads here to gain knowledge and confidence.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

But won't they just start heaping charges and harassing me if I do either?

Yes hopefully, the more the merrier.

You aren't ever going to be paying a single penny of them.

They can do about as much as I can do to you, if you send me your address, I'll keep sending you begging letters every four weeks, and keep adding my fees on top, and hopefully you'll pay me money you don't owe me, simply because I've intimidated you enough with some idle threats, legal jargon and words you don't understand...

Harassment IS a criminal offence, regardless of who is carrying it out.

Get back on to social media and tell the gym, that unless they tell their lap dogs to stop harassing you, then it will be X4L answering any legal action you may take regarding the criminal offence of harassment against you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

"Dear [My name],

re: Your membership to Xercise 4 Less

We are disappointed that you have not responded to our previous correspondence.

The January Instalment has now been missed, resulting in a further administration fee of £ 25.00 being added. The total amount now to bring your account up to date is £ 69.98.

Please call the HARLANDS HELPLINE - 01444 449033 to make payment by DEBIT / CREDIT card and reinstate your Direct Debit Instruction. If you wish to pay by any other method, you must still phone us to discuss your options.

The telephone lines are open 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

If you do not call us by 27 January 17, then the collection of your membership fees will cease to be administered by Harlands and will be passed to a Debt Recovery company. This may incur you significant additional fees and ultimately result in court action.

Yours sincerely,

Harlands"

I didn't do anything on social media because I also use an alias there, so what do I do now?

Hi Ulysses,

Don't worry that you lost the letter. Didn't you draft on a PC or laptop ? In future, keep a copy on your machine.

If it's the letter in post #2, you have a copy here on CAG anyway.

You can either ignore them completely OR you can send X4Less a further warning :-

Dear Xercise4Less,

I refer to further demands which you are allowing Harlands/CRS to make on your behalf.

My previous letter to you sent at the end of November 2016 stated clearly that I am under 18 and cannot be held responsible for any payments at all.

Unless you tell Harlands/CRS to cease demands immediately, I will go to The CMA, Trading Standards and social media to complain that Xercise4Less are allowing Harlands/CRS to commit the criminal offence of Harassment against a minor.

Yous faithfully,

That should do it !

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Never mind what they've sent you.

Send the letter as suggested to X4Less and keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...

nope

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ulysses,

Just send the letter exactly as per my draft. You must know someone that can print off the letter for you to send, so do it asap !

Ignore the latest nonsense from Harlands/CRS.

Keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Sent the letter a couple weeks ago, got this email yesterday

"Good afternoon *MY NAME*

Thank you for contacting Xercise4less.

As you have advised us that you are under 18, Please would you provide me with an attachment of either your passport, birth certificate, provisional etc.

Once I am able to verify that you are under 18, I will then be able to assist you further with this,

--

Healthy Regards

Willow

Membership Enquiries

Head Office

Head Office

Xercise 4 Less

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Leeds

LS4 2AZ"

Hi Ulysses,

Do you have a student card or something to show your age without disclosing too much info or data.

I don't think you should provide your passport or driving licence.

Let us know please.

Birth Certificate maybe or anything at all that confirms your DoB ?

One further thought - did you give the gym your proper DoB at any time in the sign-up process.