Discussion thread on benefit fraud

Noah1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was asked to defraud DWP by a work programme provider in July 2015. In short I signed off, I got acall from a guy asking to provide details and sign forms for DWP to pay them. I explained I just signed off without a job. He told me dont worry think of an employer and we both could get paid. I just laughed at the guy and put him on loud speaker and let my mum hear him going off his nut and getting angry.

First point of call, go back see my old advisior, she just looked at me like I was stupid and asked what she could help with:S. For 3 months DWP told me they wont take my complaint as I must complain to the person trying to defraud them????? Anyway finally my complaint was taken serious on the 1st of September 2016. Someone collected all the dates and times I called trying to pursue this and reassured me something was going to be done. She even called me back 2 hours later telling me its been passed on and will get looked at.

On the 12th of September I got a call lasting 12 minutes from an unknown number (have screenshot). This was a person from DWP fraud department who asked me for more information and told me I may need to provide a statement. I was told a follow up call would happen in the next 14 days. Nothing. Call up to enquire. The log on the 1st says no complaint was every taken as DWP dont deal with companies trying to defraud them. Also no call logs on the 12th to me. It seems it was no one from the DWP who called me????

I'm going absolutely insane here. When I try and sign on I get sent to the work programme provider who give me no assistance or help and my referral was not even acknowledged 9 weeks later. SO I just signed off again. JCP cant help me find work and jobs offered in the centre are for people not on the work programme so I feel attending the job centre a waste of time.

What should I do? Just shut up about it in when put in that position next time just accept? Its only tax payers money right?

I'm not clear on specifics regarding:, I was asked to defraud DWP..'The DWP has contract with a work programme providers who are ineffective, but still legal. If you expect justice from the DWP, you set yourself for disappoitment. I know about someone who was reported for fraud roughly 20 times and the DWP still didn't take any action which resulted in defrauding of tens of thousands of Pounds. I would give you advice to not rely neither on the DWP nor a work programme providers to find you job because this happens rarely. It's really up to you to do all the jobsearch and finding a job. You're asked to attend appointments in order to get benefits, that's all. You just signed off which means you lost all your benefits. Why?

I'm not clear on specifics regarding:, I was asked to defraud DWP..'The DWP has contract with a work programme providers who are ineffective, but still legal. If you expect justice from the DWP, you set yourself for disappoitment. I know about someone who was reported for fraud roughly 20 times and the DWP still didn't take any action which resulted in defrauding of tens of thousands of Pounds. I would give you advice to not rely neither on the DWP nor a work programme providers to find you job because this happens rarely. It's really up to you to do all the jobsearch and finding a job. You're asked to attend appointments in order to get benefits, that's all. You just signed off which means you lost all your benefits. Why?

How do you know that they were actually committing fraud or indeed if something happened or not?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

How do you know that they were actually committing fraud or indeed if something happened or not?

This is it. As a non-fraud DWP staffer, I referred loads of obviously ridiculous fraud reports to the Fraud people, because that's what we had to do and it wasn't my call to decide what was or wasn't fraud. But wow, some of those fraud allegations were so obviously malicious it was embarrassing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Ok... so give us a no names summary of what was going on and how you know nothing happened?

This post is about a particular case, not about other frauds. The fact that you've experienced false reports of fraud, doesn't mean frauds don't exist, it's just your experience. In fact this may be one of the reasons as to why the DWP is reluctant to investigate real frauds. The only reason why I mentioned was to avoid wasting time unecessarily on something which is beyond control. I can't be dragged to irrelevant discussion with you about the fraud unrelated to this post.

This post is about a particular case, not about other frauds. The fact that you've experienced false reports of fraud, doesn't mean frauds don't exist, it's just your experience. In fact this may be one of the reasons as to why the DWP is reluctant to investigate real frauds. The only reason why I mentioned was to avoid wasting time unecessarily on something which is beyond control. I can't be dragged to irrelevant discussion with you about the fraud unrelated to this post.

I have a feeling that Shoelover has seen more reports of fraud (real and otherwise) than most of us here...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have a feeling that Shoelover has seen more reports of fraud (real and otherwise) than most of us here...

And what? It still doesn't mean his people don not commit fraud, nor that we should not focus on this particular post rather then general fraud topic.-

And what? It still doesn't mean his people don not commit fraud, nor that we should not focus on this particular post rather then general fraud topic.-

If you wish to start a thread about general benefit fraud, then please feel free to start a new one either here or over in the Bear Garden. Let's leave this thread to deal with the OP's original enquiry rather than diverting it into wider issues.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you wish to start a thread about general benefit fraud, then please feel free to start a new one either here or over in the Bear Garden. Let's leave this thread to deal with the OP's original enquiry rather than diverting it into wider issues.

Please read my postings properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was the one who declined to discuss general frauds when I was asked by Shoe lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're part of a site, you should check all the post properly before you patronise inocent person who tries to keep within a topic.

Bad practice, I don't wish you correct me for nothing in the future, while others who are off the topic are let go.

Just my experience.... that's 20 years investigating fraud. Perhaps we could now go back on topic. The topic being that the o/p has made an allegation of fraud against a contractor. It will be investigated but unless it results in further action the o/p is unlikely to hear anything. Evidence gathering takes time, and this has the potential to be a complex case

Just my experience.... that's 20 years investigating fraud. Perhaps we could now go back on topic. The topic being that the o/p has made an allegation of fraud against a contractor. It will be investigated but unless it results in further action the o/p is unlikely to hear anything. Evidence gathering takes time, and this has the potential to be a complex case

I have been on the topic, shoelover asked about the details of completely unrelated fraud which I declined to elaborate. Please note that this thread is not about boasting repeatedly about work experience. Create new thread and post about years of working experience. It is irrelevant here because this does not say whether sight trakers were any good at their job.

I have been on the topic, shoelover asked about the details of completely unrelated fraud which I declined to elaborate. Please note that this thread is not about boasting repeatedly about work experience. Create new thread and post about years of working experience. It is irrelevant here because this does not say whether sight trakers were any good at their job.

Sorry, too subtle for me.

Please read my postings properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was the one who declined to discuss general frauds when I was asked by Shoe lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're part of a site, you should check all the post properly before you patronise inocent person who tries to keep within a topic.

Bad practice, I don't wish you correct me for nothing in the future, while others who are off the topic are let go.

Off topic, sincere apologies.

Noah1, in lots of threads on CAG you end up claiming that you are an innocent victim attacked unnecessarily by other members.

I see one common denominator here...

Noah. You have not been on topic. You have first stated that the DWP ignore fraud as you know of this case.. I then asked you to explain more so I might be able to tell you why you perceive nothing apparently happened. I will point out that unless a case goes to court then it remains confidential so it's possible something happened & you don't know.

There are many reasons why things may not be all they seem. Someone on ESA with permitted work? Benefit not in payment? Not getting the benefit you thought. Or an investigation ongoing.

I countered your post telling me that fraud is sometimes committed (thanks for pointing that out) by telling you that I was well aware of this and backing up why I felt my knowledge of this was reliable. I don't think that's boasting repeatedly about experience.

As for how good I am at my job, I don't really need to validate myself to you.

Not sure what a "sight traker" is? Perhaps you could elaborate.

• Haha 1