style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Indeed.

She still seems to be counting on running it down to the wire so she can force her deal through. It will be interesting to see if she loses by more than 149 next time MPs vote on the deal yet again, after what she said to them in the televised speech the other night. She doesn't seem to have many friends these days.

Illegitimi non carborundum

That must have been quite an experience, fletch, and one that could go down in history.

I'm very sad to see that the lady who started the petition has had death threats for exercising a democratic right.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/23/more-than-4-million-people-sign-petition-to-revoke-article-50-brexit?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MDMyNA%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

• 2 weeks later...

I see they've stood down 6,000 civil servants who have been working on 'no deal' arrangements - at a cost of £1.5bn. All that so that May could use no deal as a negotiating threat.

David Davis seems to have woken up and is suggesting rewriting everything in the agreement with the EU. They'll be pleased... But I think they're hoping that someone like Boris or Rees Mogg isn't elected, should there be a general election.

• 2 weeks later...

TJ, I totally agree that election tampering should be investigated. I wonder if some people think that what Trump did [allegedly] with help from the Russians is wrong but don't worry about possible misbehaviour by organisations during our referendum.

London, I've probably said before that I don't understand how Treeza and the ERG decided what kind of Brexit people voted for, given that the question was only Yes or No. If she hadn't decided on red lines dictated by the ERG as I understand it, we would have stood a chance of getting a decent deal.

And is this one going to expire in a couple of years too?

May must think Labour are daft. If they actually  sign anything that protects jobs, etc, they won't want it torn up as soon as an ERG type replaces Treeza.

• 2 weeks later...

That's worrying if it's the case, Jase.

Our politicians seem to be very bad at working together compared with some other countries, Germany for example.

I think it's particularly disappointing about ChangeUK who wanted to do politics a different way if I understood what they were saying and are now refusing to co-operate with anyone else or think differently, as far as I can see.

I see Treeza is blaming Labout 'divisions' for the break up of the cross party talks. No mention of any divisions within the Tories but they needed someone to blame apart from themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/17/brexit-talks-tories-labour-likely-to-collapse-theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn

You could be right, UB.

I think a concern for a PM could be that if the 1922 committee changes the rules to be able to challenge the party leader more than once a year, it could lead to Conservative leadership being pretty tenuous.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks