personal Chainsaw stolen from my place of work - recourse?c

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , bit of a general enquiry

- not sure where it fits really.

Our tree company has been broken into and the chainsaws stolen for the THIRD time !

( In 6 months )

On the second instance

- I brought in my own saw to help out as replacements are not easily found on Day1 of a theft .

All the tools were locked in a steel bin and lo and behold after coming back from holiday I discovered we had been burgled again ! -

My saw had also gone from the locked bin.

Now asking the manager would he be replacing my saw ,

he said no - as he said they are not covered for personal kit .

Have I been too kind or is he mugging me off ?

Cheers, in anticipation Q

Hi Qhriss

If the chainsaw was your own personal kit...how come you locked it in your employers steel bin rather than keep it safe at your home ? Is it the terms of your employment that you provide your own chainsaw?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Neither the business or you would have cover for a chainsaw you owned, that you kept on work premises.

You should have checked the situation, before the chainsaw was kept at work, given the previous theft incidents. If you had done so, your employers could have confirmed that no Insurance would apply and they would not cover it, so you had to take it home.

As a theft has now happened three times in a short space, i suspect the business Insurers will impose tough security terms on the policy from renewal or no theft cover will be offered.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Qhriss

If the chainsaw was your own personal kit...how come you locked it in your employers steel bin rather than keep it safe at your home ? Is it the terms of your employment that you provide your own chainsaw?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I did this as it was to assist until the company saws were replaced , and as you would imagine - there is just as much chance of the saw been stolen from home as would be at work - no ?? The company must provide our tools but it aint happening anytime that day of the theft ! Cheers Q