• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome secured loans/charge - sold to Alpha/Prime -repo received - ***Claim Dismissed***

cruzhughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

are the fleecers there?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No.

I am already out didn't even go into a room. He asked where the solicitors for the other side I explained they had sent me a letter to say they were adjourning and give him the letter.

He walked in his office came back out and said

SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY due to them needing to undertake a review on what I've stated in defence.

Where does this leave me now and what happens next?!

Thank you ell-en and dx

told ya.

so now you look at what you stated in your reply to the repo

its not a defence.

so to refresh us what was said..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's brill

now the interesting bit starts then...

and they

cummo engage brain...

what did the judge say....go read it again..

and they

I didn't think they'd turn up, if they want to carry on with a repo claim they're going to need a re-think.

Just wait and see what they send you (if anything)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm unsure what I'm trying to deciper here dx.

Alpha could still say I owe them money albeit £7888 less than they originally said?

Alpha could find the £7888 and wipe the slate clean?

Alpha could sell debt?

Alpha could take me back to court??

Alpha never contact me again and the charge remains?

Alpha send me a cheque for the £7888?! :!:

one tip I've learned

if not here

elsewhere

write down now exactly what the actually judge said

as in time it get twisted and added too in your mind.

you now have the upper hand by a long shot.

you know that, according to what you said above

the judge said...

SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY due to them needing to undertake a review on what I've stated in defence.

so I've already pointed to I don't think he said defence.

so recall it and get it right.

they'll go nowhere near a court again until the above is resolved

and as the whole thing is mentioned in your statement to the court

the whole thing needs to be reviewed.

pers i'd be sticking in some rather large tent pegs and weather the storm.

and stick to you statement and what the judge said.

the whole thing needs a review.

and if its not to your satisfaction [i'e write it off removed the charge totally.

you reject anything they do/say until that's achieved.

let them go back to court call their bluff too.

dx

and they

SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY due to them (Alpha) needing to undertake a review on account

. Lightfoots themselves stated this too in letter to the court requesting adjournment

Do I need to do anything at all or do I just sit back and wait any wait until they contact me and I then barter with them to get the charge gone.

Thank you for making this more clearer to me

You sit and wait to see what happens next

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

you'd be walking the streets with just a carrier bag if you'd not come here.

let things settle

you know what you want..

whatever you do

don't blindly do write say or think anything without asking.

and they

Take a break for a bit, there's nothing more we can say, or you can do, at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had 2 letters. One from court and one from prime..

I don't know what prime are playing at. I sent them a 3rd request for information on 15th may and also enclosed the SAR and a cheque for the £9 as they had already had the £1 for a CCA request back in march and have still not responded to that but asked for the extra £9 for the SAR.

Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that....

Just read their response it's laughable when they cashed the £9 cheque on the 22nd.

They have still not provided anything I asked for since march either.

Any thoughts?

Court Decision.pdf

Prime Response 30th may.pdf

just send a fresh SAR

dx

and they

SAR done again.

And I've put this letter in too.

Dear Sir/Madam

Further to your letter dated 30th May in regards to your letter dated 24th March. The contents which have been noted.

You state that you cannot trace receipt of the requested information and are closing the matter.

However I would like to bring to your attention of my letters to you dated 08/08/2017 enclosed was a postal order for £1. Further to this my letter dated 29/03/2017

On the 15/05/2017 I wrote to you which was my third request for information and requested information under Section 7 the Data Protection Act 1998 for a Subject Access Request (copy enclosed for your reference). In which I enclosed a cheque for the remaining £9.00.

On the 17/05/2017 a member of your staff signed for delivery of my written request and I have electronic proof of the delivery showing their signature and the date. This above cheque was cashed on the 22/05/2017.

As you are aware you have 40 days to comply with this request which started on the 17/05/2017. I request you do not close the matter until I receive everything I have requested from you.

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

I've just noticed on the court letter is says

It is ordered that the claim be adjourned generally with liberty to restore. What does this mean? This is what lightfoots put on their letter to the court.

And what's happened to what the judge said about suspended indefinitely?

It means there is no date for a further hearing and the claimant can apply to the court to restore a hearing if necessary.