Council PCN for parking in disabled bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I parked in a bay marked only with a wheelchair symbol on the floor as I had taken an elderly gentleman out who uses a wheelchair,

there was no other signs saying that you had to have a blue badge to park there.

I bought a ticket but when I came back and I had a fine for not displaying a blue badge.

I immediately got in contact with the council and explained the situation,

they have refused my request.

Do I continue to dispute or just pay up?

If there's no clear line of appeal, then I would pay the discount, but there is an additional equalities issue here. If someone in a wheelchair needs to use those bays, but happens not to have a blue badge, then aside from the parking restrictions, there is an obligation on the council to provide facilities where reasonable, under the DDA. A reasonable adjustment could include allowing a disabled person without a blue badge to use a suitable bay.

Pay the charge, but you can write a letter along those lines to the council's equalities people if you like, and you never know - you may be able to get a refund if they see your point of view.