TalkTalk holding me ransom!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just looking for any advice.

I've had enough of TalkTalk with ever increasing prices and better offers made to new customers rather than loyalty being important (yes I know they are all the same)

For an as yet unknown reason I can't port my home number across to a new provider. So this means I either get a new number and all the hassle that entails or have to stick with TalkTalk.

In typing this I realise they don't need to show loyalty to long term customers. Holding the number is enough to stop most people switching. In this digital day and age I can't see any reason for it not being a requirement to allow the number to be ported over.

Rant over :-x anyone had this before and did you solve it?

Thanks

Hi

No reason given, just won't do it, although I think "Computer says NO" is the problem.

I've spoken with Plusnet and they say the number is locked and they can't port it.

The only possible issue is that when I moved to the house there was no live line. I had TalkTalk connect it at the exchange and issue a number. To be clear, they did not do any physical install at my house.

I had a similar problem with a different ISP. Phone OFCOM and explain what has happened. They will give you a reference number and the contact number of the CEO at TalkTaalk. Phone that number and one of the CEOs team will note the info and sort it out. The OFCOM reference number seems to be the magic bullet to get things done. Make sure that you say that are willing to make an official written complaint to OFCOM but hope that won't be necessary.

When you phone OFCOM ask them who owns your phone number, it may actually be owned by TalkTalk.

I've just been through a similar problem. Talktalk use a different platform so if you ever go with them they 'cease' your number at the exchange. I was with TT for a year some years ago and have changed supplier twice since then without problem. For some reason it reared it's ugly head this time when I wanted to change from BT to PlusNet. I rang BT and it was sorted in a day - I think it's just a tick box exercise at the to be honest. I'd guess your number has never existed except on Talktalk's platform because they did the initial install.