Marlin chasing old Lloyds Loan - poss statute barred debt

amphiprion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You Sar the oc, but keep quiet to Marlin

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just to let you know,

ive sent the SAR to lloyds on 21.12 15

they recieved it on 23.12.15.

Will let you know what they come back with.

Cabots have started to ring everyday now, but I have not been answering,

not sure how long they will keep that up before they send a LBA.

Have already written a cca so im ready when they do!

Keep a log of every time they call. There's already been multiple cases of people taking them to court for harassment

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

My phone logs all the calls, its only once a day around the same time, to be honest I have it on silent most of the time so I dont always notice until afterwards. But on a few occasions it doesnt even ring long enough for you to accept the call.

There was a case where the judge said more than once or twice a week can be deemed harassment. If theyre calling every day, then that is 100% not allowed.

God I didnt know that! Have to admit does tie my stomach in knots when they call, it been every day since I got my last letter, except for the weekend! Should think they will call again today later on.

Hope you have a great christmas!

please don't be scared of a fleecing dca

they really cant do anything to you...

and you know what to do even if they do risk court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have to admit does tie my stomach in knots when they call, it been every day since I got my last letter

Thats why they do it. They hope they can harass and intimidate you enough so you give in and pay them.

Re Dx100 uk

Thanks for your reasuring words. Unfortunately I suffer from chronic deppression and anxiety so fear and worry sort of comes with the territory!

This incicdent and the one previously mentioned are obviously both connected and represent the only time ive ever found myself in this kind of trouble. So I feel out of my depth.

you are NOT in trouble

you are being taken as a fool.

post up the names etc you posted me

you are being cash cowed!!

and stay off the phone to them!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry that got posted on the wrong thread ignore me.........:lol:

and they

The debt collector has no ability to collect the debt because although they may have bought a bulk list of defaults

they will not have been provided with the contract details - signed by both parties.

So no evidence = no remedy in the courts.

You should not contact the debt agency and you may ignore their hollow demands.

Just for the record... these debt companies pay about 5 pence per £1 of debt.

My advice relates to bank debt - if however your debt relates to a business - for goodness sake please honour your debt.

Best wishes.

The debt collector has no ability to collect the debt because although they may have bought a bulk list of defaults

they will not have been provided with the contract details - signed by both parties.

So no evidence = no remedy in the courts.

You should not contact the debt agency and you may ignore their hollow demands.

Just for the record... these debt companies pay about 5 pence per £1 of debt.

My advice relates to bank debt - if however your debt relates to a business - for goodness sake please honour your debt.

Best wishes.

Please do not give out incorrect advice.

If a DCA is chasing you then its time to do your homework. First check the history of the debt, and then after that, get a CCA request going.

Do NOT listen to rogerH

Please do not give out incorrect advice.

If a DCA is chasing you then its time to do your homework. First check the history of the debt, and then after that, get a CCA request going.

Do NOT listen to rogerH

No worries,

Have already taken your advice and will continue as you advised.

Thanks again!

Ok just a quick update!

There is no response on the SAR as yet so I am presuming the OC is getting on with it and dont require any further details.

The DCA has rang every working day over the christmas period.

Today I have recieved a letter from them interestingly purporting to have been sent on christmas day!

stating that they have been trying to contact me.

I was expecting this to be a LBA but it is DEFINATELY NOT!

It goes on to say they would like me to get in touch to make an offer of payment to one of their benevolent advisors.

Or if I prefer I can fill in the attached budget form and make an offer of payment.

Under the heading of WHAT COULD HAPPEN

It states they have a flexible approach to how much I owe them!

And that my credit file may be affected by the amount I owe, so I should make regular payments to reduce it!

I have to admit im a little puzzled, I expected them to come out all guns blazing at this stage and at least mention the word court!

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about it at this stage?

Is this normal? or is it it a possible indicator that this debt may be unenforcable?

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

I would go with your last possibility, they have cold feet, if they thought this had any merit of succeeding in court, they would

have carried it out already, you have to ask yourself why the OC didn't take legal action instead of passing it over to a powerless DCA?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore and report for harassment

what do you expect them to do

all dca's do is to try and fleece people.

9/10 none of the money is ever actually owed

and was written off by the OC against TAX years ago.

anything anyone stupid enogh to pay a DCA on debts like these

are solely financing their own and others harassment machine.

dx

and they

Ok thankyou for your comments. Intended to ignore it and see what they do next anyway, and your comments have backed that up.

Im still working on the assumption that they may make a claim and rely on a CCJ by default so I will remain vigilant and react with a CCA request if they send a LBA.

not without checking with us first.

sb is the ultimate defence to a claim.

don't fire that or any arrows till we say so.

cca is irrelevant if a debt is sb'd=no debt

in E&W they can still ask for payment outside of 6yrs

you can equally ask the to go away.

but you don't....

dx

and they