Suspicion of ABH UK

rolex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halloween me and a couple of mates went to a party.

We were all really really drunk,

I got was being stupid with some random boy and ended up slapping him but we sorted it out after I had apologised and it was done

however hours after the police had arrived because two people got stabbed and instead of arresting anyone else I was arrested because of that boy.

I've been on bail since then for ABH but the police said the boy has bruises on his face which is common assault not ABH.

In the interview I didn't admit to anything,

I said we had a little argument but i can't remember hitting anyone.

They have asked me to go back to the station today

I'm a little nervous as I'm a first time offender never had a problem with the police and never really had a fight before (I'm 17).

What should I do about this/ what will happen to me?

Halloween me and a couple of mates went to a party.

We were all really really drunk,

I got was being stupid with some random boy and ended up slapping him but we sorted it out after I had apologised and it was done

however hours after the police had arrived because two people got stabbed and instead of arresting anyone else I was arrested because of that boy.

I've been on bail since then for ABH but the police said the boy has bruises on his face which is common assault not ABH.

In the interview I didn't admit to anything,

I said we had a little argument but i can't remember hitting anyone.

They have asked me to go back to the station today

I'm a little nervous as I'm a first time offender never had a problem with the police and never really had a fight before (I'm 17).

What should I do about this/ what will happen to me?

Ensure you are legally represented (the duty solicitor if need be).

If the injuries were only "transient and trifling" then a charge of ABH won't happen.

In theory a bruise is more than transient / trifling but even so a charge of ABH is unlikely for a bruise (only), as the injury must be serious UNLESS there is an "aggravating feature".

This is laid out in the CPS charging standards.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/offences_against_the_person/#common_assault

Sorry, but drunk at 17, not a good start to life.

dis-regard this comment

we are all young once - some cant remember this

personally i can remember school serving wine at 17, as the only one who drank red i was given the entire bottle, first bad night shall we say

hope it turns out ok

and definatly ask for duty solicitor, friend forgot that and im still trying to sort it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

If a Non Site Team member had said this comment, we would be reminded we are not hear to judge and rollocked off, So it should be no diferent for you conniff, I think you should apologize.

To the OP. next time you have to attent the station or speak to an officer, please state no comment and that you want to speak to a duty solicitor before commenting any further. The duty solicitor will help you say the right things, as all the police want is a conviction or charge. The solicitor will listen to both sides of the argument and put you forward in the best light.

Again, do NOT speak to anyone without a duty solicitor present. Even if you think what you are saying is harmless, do not say ANYTHING. For Common assault or ABH, if you are charged and found guilty, that record and punishment will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I agree with others that many 17 year olds have been drunk, so this on its own seems a bit of a harsh statement.

However Conniff may have a valid point if rephrased : drunk enough at 17 to become involved in an incident that leads to an arrest for assault : not a good start - especially if a conviction then follows.