Parking Eye Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I'm just looking for advice.Back in May I shopped in Morrisons in Inverness, I dont live there and don't visit often. They still had their machines in the car park for pay and display tickets so I went over and used it as normal, it gave me a parking ticket and I left my car there. A few weeks later I received a letter from Parking Eye saying I had been fined £80 because I was 40 minutes over their free 2 hours for parking, which I obviously didn't know as I used a pay/display machine in the car park. Thinking it was just a standard shopping trip I threw my receipts for my shopping and my pay/display ticket away so have no proof of either.I read plenty of articles online which said to simply ignore the letters but I have now recieved one from Debt Recovery Plus demanding £135 for late payment and if I dont pay then they recommend court action.I'm just a little worried as to what to do as I am planning selling my car this weekend and dont want any complications down the line with it.

Thank you very much for the replies, I hadn't actually heard of PoFA 2012 and since reading about it, my understanding is that in Scotland the PCN applies only to the driver. The company can write to the Registered Keeper and request the name of the driver but there is no obligation to even respond to the company.I have contacted Morrison's about the situation (as they are the land owners), stating my legal writes and also complaining that there Pay/Display machines are still operational and they've said they will look into the situation to get the letters to stop.

You can wind up PE and write to them and ask why they think that the PoFA applies to Scotland when they have been told that it doesnt and thus why have they obtained your details without "good reason" and processed your personal data without your permission as they dont have a cause to do so?

As for letter from DR+. you are getting those becuase PE know they have no legal right to ask you for the time let alone money so use the rentathreats to make you think that as they have used a debt collector then the debt must exist. They know it doesnt and now so do you.