DWP knocked me off ESA because i couldn't attend my medical

missy2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think they have anyone who is qualified to assess MH issues in ATOS or Maximus, I certainly know that the fake HCP who assessed me back in 2012 hadn't got a clue about TBI yet he was supposed to have been the 'expert' for Portsmouth!

What he knew about cognitive and behavioural issues after a TBI I could write on the back of a stamp!

AFAIK, the rules have now changed (AGAIN!!) In that if they score you zero points, they MUST inform you of the work they believe you will be able to do, they cannot simply kick you off without informing you of the work they 'expect' you to be able to do, ''in your area''.

The DWP doesn't control HB either, that is a LA decision, so I would inform your LA that the DWP have once again acted unlawfully and stripped you of your state security, so you have no income, therefore you will need to make a 'change in circumstance, and have them increase your HB, and if possible CTB.

Lodge an immediate appeal, and also copy in your local MP from the get go, they need to take responsibility for their actions, each and every time you receive a response from the corrupt DWP copy in your MP and if possible arrange to meet/call your MP, mines getting a visit in the new year with the three folders of documents I have covering the three years of fighting them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got the address for the ATOS or Maximus or whoever is in charge now of these vultures because im going to put in a complaint about the HCP as ive been reading it could go against you in any future tribunal if you haven't done so.

God knows why people are made to go to these medicals when its clear as day that they are told to knock you off. Do any people actually gain the required points at these medicals or are they as rare as hens teeth.

Here's what I could find.......same red tape, same lethargic process, same monkeys different circus.

https://www.chdauk.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Has anyone got the address for the ATOS or Maximus or whoever is in charge now of these vultures because im going to put in a complaint about the HCP as ive been reading it could go against you in any future tribunal if you haven't done so.

God knows why people are made to go to these medicals when its clear as day that they are told to knock you off. Do any people actually gain the required points at these medicals or are they as rare as hens teeth.

People do sometimes get the required points at these medicals, but nowhere near as often as they should. That's why there are so many appeals clogging up the system, and also why the government made it more difficult to make an appeal in the first place.

By all means make a complaint - people shouldn't put up with this nonsense without protest - but remember that the process for appealing the decision is separate from that matter. The first stage is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the decision to stop your ESA. That's a required step now before you can appeal to the Tribunal. Once you have a notice of MR, you can forward this to the Tribunal along with your appeal, and ask that your ESA is reinstated pending the outcome of that appeal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I was reading somewhere that someone who had been sanctioned by the DWP ended up on the streets and he ended up self harming because of having no money. How can a country let this happen to its people, what do they want people to do crawl up and die or would they prefer people with no criminal record to smash a shop window in the hope they get jailed just so they have a roof over their head and get 3 meals a day.

It costs about £1200 pw ive been reading to house a prisoner, that might not be correct in 2015 but all the same potentially by stopping peoples money and them being made homeless and going to jail, its costing the government over £57k a year to house a prisoner. on top of that once the person gets out they have a criminal record so less chance of getting a job.

Yes this is just theory but by stopping people's money this could happen, as i say this country is a disgrace to people not only disabled and people who suffer mental health problems but people who just have the misfortune to find themselves unemployed.

Sorry for ranting.

Hi missy some advise. As I also had an issue after missing an appointment.

1 - Remember if at all possible always attend WCA's, the DWP come down very heavy if you miss an appointment and they deem it not with a good reason. If you cannot attend due to been in a really bad shape offer to accept a home visit. Be cooperative with the process even if you think its wrong. The repercussions of ignoring a WCA is worse than failing a WCA.

2 - If ESA is stopped, you can get HB reinstated by informing the council you on nil income. (same with council tax relief).

3 - Keep all letters etc. etc. incase you even need to appeal.

4 - Regarding dentists, you can get a HC2 certificate which lasts a year that gives free prescriptions, dental care etc. this would still cover you if you lose benefit. A HC5 form is used to reclaim health care costs you have paid out.

Off topic but try to refrain about moaning about asylum seekers etc. you are likely judging them based on hearsay, and its that same hearsay which makes people judge disabled people in a bad way as well.

The thing is i tried to phone them up on the day of my appointment which was a Sunday but nobody answered the phone, what else could i have done at the time. i was flat on my back, there was no way i could have got to the medical and as i've said nobody answered the phone.I did however phone them on the Monday and the person i spoke to said it was ok and a new appointment would be sent out.