DWP interview under caution and dodgy phone call

Pete_G
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really need some help. My partner is in trouble with the DWP and has been called in for an interview under caution.

There was a dodgy message left on his phone regarding work, on the same week he received a letter stating that he was being investigated. My partner is self-employed, but has previously been on benefits for a lengthy period. Does anyone know if the DWP have a history of phoning people using a box phone number to dupe people (i.e. it gives out calls but can't receive outside office hours so therefore can't take messages)?

I'd really appreciate some help with this

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by a "dodgy" message. Are you asking if they have a history of making deceptive phone calls pretending to be someone other than the DWP in an attempt to entrap or extract evidence from someone suspected of fraud? In that case the answer is no, they do not. But without knowing what the message was, it's difficult to give a better answer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Not sure what you mean by a "dodgy" message. Are you asking if they have a history of making deceptive phone calls pretending to be someone other than the DWP in an attempt to entrap or extract evidence from someone suspected of fraud? In that case the answer is no, they do not. But without knowing what the message was, it's difficult to give a better answer.

Thank you for your response antone,

Yes, that was exactly what I was asking. Yes the message was phoning about contract work, but it didn't sound right the things that were said on the message, and putting 2+2 together with the timing we came to that conclusion. But if that is the case, as you say, that is reassuring.