Do not join BT sport! I cancelled a year ago yet out of the blue …

steveceltic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... in August 2015 BT hoovered £50 out of my bank account.

I had cancelled BT sport in 2014 when my team were relegated and now out of the blue without any authorization from me they take my money. A year after cancellation!

Their phone system is a joke. I was on the phone for half an hour (I timed it) just to cancel a contract I had NOT taken out.

Later a guy from BT Billing rang me back who refused to listen to anything I was saying. Not least that I had cancelled the service in September 2014, that I had not been having the service since September 2014 nor been paying for the service since then. All he kept saying was that I hadn’t cancelled until today! Whenever I tried to point out the previous points he just talked across me.

Why have you not been charging me then? I kept asked him.

He refused to give me any address to complain to but did give me an address which will provide a recording of the phone call for £10! As soon as I get it I will stick it on Youtube.

Offcom will not involve themselves in matters of billing and BT have no means of discussing the issue. Nice one. They are answerable to no one.

My advice to all is to stay away from a bunch of rogues who will flush money out of your account a year after cancellation.

Steven

A SAR may provide you with a transcript of the call but not a recording.

If you are unhappy with their response why not escalate it as per the options on their website?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Friend of mine got free BT sport as part of BB package but never used it. Suddenly in august they were charged for it. Phoned and cancelled but had to wait till September for it to be knocked off the bill.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.