Help with Xercise 4 less membership.

twoof6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there im just newbie, ive been reading afew posts on this thread and wondered if anyone can help me please ?

Im in a situation of where i cancelled an Xercise 4 less membership and handed in written notice by hand to my gym in Februry 2015 and cancelled my direct debit after the march payment was taken therefore fulffilling my March payment.

In March i started getting Harlands letters stating that i had cancelled a Direct debit mandate and now owed them £9.99

I called Harlands and spoke to them and told them i had cancelled and they'd had my last payment they said no cancellation received i had to go to the gym, so did that , they said id never given them a letter which i had then made me fill out a form started to get all the Harlands letters again went back to the gym with more evidence of my cancellation got signed proof of letter , still proceeding and adding costs to me now passed onto Zinc.

Never been in a situation like this before and its upsetting me .

Any advice anyone please ?

Hello and Welcome twoof6,

I have started a new thread for you, you should get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Twoof,

Take some time to read other threads here. There are plenty about X4Less and Harlands.

Don't let this upset you any more - this is exactly what Harlands/CRS want, Hoping you'll pay them to get them off your back.

Stay OFF the phone and don't speak to the gym or Harlands/CRS at all.

1. If it was a 12 month minimum m/ship agreement, were you passed that minimum point.

2. When you originally cancelled, did you get any receipt or proof of your cancellation.

3. Have Zinc written to you yet and, if so, what have they said.

You'll see from other threads here that Harlands/CRS will do or say virtually anything to get you to pay. They'll keep adding their admin charges which we continue to challenge. Just remember, Harlands/CRS are powerless and have no right to make you do, or pay, anything.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Twoof,

You didn't say - When you originally cancelled, did you get any receipt or proof of your cancellation.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Twoof,

I suggest a letter to the gym's Head Office, and a copy to Harlands :-

Xercise4Less Leeds

Unit1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Burley

Leeds

LS4 2AS

Dear sir or madam,

Membership at XXXXX gym

In February 2015 I handed in a letter to staff confirming my wish to cancel my membership. After the DD was paid for March, I cancelled the DD mandate.

In March, Harlands wrote to say I'd cancelled the DD mandate and I owed them £9.99.

I called Harlands to say I'd cancelled with written notice to the gym but they denied receiving details of this from the gym.

On Harland's advice I visited the gym again, only to be told I had not given them a cancellation letter. In the circumstances, I filled out forms at the gym.

I've since been getting increasing demands from Harlands/CRS and a DCA, Zinc.

I went back to the gym with the forms to remind them I had cancelled but Harlands continue to harass me. Harlands/CRS are not just demanding gym fees - they are piling on admin fees that are effectively penalties making them both unlawful and unenforceable.

I am most unhappy that my original letter went missing, particularly as the gym industry has an appalling reputation for "losing" such letters.

I require that you contact Harlands and tell them to stop harassing me immediately. If you fail to do this, Xercise4Less will also be named in my formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Your reply must be in writing only - I will not discuss this matter by phone.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Twoof,

Unless you said what I put in the draft, send the letter anyway.

With your proof of posting, it will back up your case if further action is necessary.

• 1 month later...

• 5 months later...

hi everyone me gain, just when i think things have gone away as not had any letters for over 6 months im receiving texts and looks like voicemails again from Zinc, i dont have ny credit on the phone so cant access the voicemails, any idea what will be happening ?

Hi Twoof,

What will be happening ?? ....... Absolutely nothing !!

Just the normal hot air from Harlands/ CRS, Zinc and then maybe Spratt Endicott. Read other threads to see advice, for example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455313-xercise4less-gym-membership&p=4888321&viewfull=1#post4888321

If anyone was at all serious about taking court action in your case, they'd have done something this months ago.

Don't worry but keep us updated as necessary.

Don't let them worry you at all as that's precely what they want.

Read other threads here and you'll see just how empty their threats are !!