• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A Referendum Stitch Up?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Regular opinion polls suggest that over 50% of the population want us to leave the European Union, but even more of us want the referendum to give us a chance to have our say on the matter.

Unfortunately the EU and British elite do not want us to have that opportunity.

Back in the 70’s it was the same with the “Common Market”, a cover up for economic and political union, or the ‘United States of Europe’.

We, the British people were not getting then, and have never got, what we were led to believe we were voting for. The political class, covertly backed by the EU, are trying to mislead us yet again.

In short a recycled version of what we thought we were getting back in 1975, but in truth, lies from the establishment.

Back then the British establishment knew full well what the implications for our sovereignty were. The then Prime Minister, Ted Heath declared: “through membership of the market we are better able to advance and protect the essence of our sovereignty.” A total lie. An internal government memorandum at the time reads: “We are rather worried about the impact on Parliamentary opinion. The fact of community legislation cannot be disguised. But I feel there is a case for omitting it altogether.” A clear statement of lying to Parliament and the people.

The YES campaign then went on to spend 10 times the resources of the NO campaign whereby every UK household was issued, using taxpayers money, a pamphlet encouraging people to vote yes. To quote the Treasurer of the YES campaign, Alastair McAlpine: “The whole thrust of our campaign was to depict the anti marketers as unreliable people – dangerous people who would lead you down the wrong path.

It wasn’t so much that it was sensible to stay in, but that anybody who proposed that we came out was off their rocker or virtually Marxist.”

And it’s still the same today!

Make no mistake, the British establishment are taking steps to try to cheat us again at the upcoming referendum.

They are so short of confidence in the logic of their arguments that they will, once again, denigrate their opponents in the most irrational and personal of terms. That is why UKIP is vilified more than any other main party for example and right wing Tory backbenchers are normally labelled as ‘troublemakers’.

The single or free trade market was supposed to dismantle or remove existing barriers and tariffs. Instead the EU chose ‘harmonisation’, a long winded, resource consuming and

ponderous system which requires a vast army of officials in excess of 30,000 currently. This creates unending new laws and regulations, over 200,000 since its inception.

We run a trade deficit of around £50 Billion with the EU but we run a surplus with the rest of the world. For this dubious honour our gross contribution is currently over £55 Million per day, over £2 Million every hour, or OVER £36,000 PER MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

We do not believe that many people in our country would believe this represents good value for money, particularly as monies received from the EU come from us in the first place. The only difference is that the EU, using our own money then tell us how and where to spend it.

With respect to trade, the EU’s Common Commercial Policy states that no member state can negotiate its own trade deals or represent itself at the World Trade Organisation (WTO). All member states must conduct all their trade negotiations exclusively through EU institutions which constitutes another massive loss of sovereignty.

The European Union has however never tried to hide the “ever closer union” it requires from all member states, unlike our own government who, since 1973 and up to the current day, have consistently lied to us and sought to conceal this fundamental and irrevocable commitment. The British establishment have known this and have consistently hidden the facts from the British public. None of them are to be trusted to tell the truth. This applies to the Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats and Scottish Nationalists.

The government is trying to turn the referendum into a plebiscite, which appears to be a referendum but in fact has pretty much been already fixed. Do you remember that when the Irish voted the ‘wrong way’ they had to vote again until they got it right. This government and its allies are already talking about ‘renegotiation’, ‘grabbing back powers’ or ‘obtaining a new deal’ which they will claim they have won before asking the slanted question (not a straight forward in/out) for you to vote in favour of remaining in the EU. Likewise with Greece the EU desperately fears its departure as others would then follow, so our potential exit would be the start of the unravelling of the entire political project which is the EU. The EU and UK political classes are trying to collude in the same way as in 1974/5 by saying they have negotiated just enough to keep us under the thrall of the EU and within the ‘club’.

This referendum must be honest and equal in every way with equal publicity and monetary spend for each viewpoint. Anything else would be undemocratic in the extreme.

The central policy of the EU is that of ever closer union and integration. This must inevitably lead to the creation of a European state with total loss of sovereignty and the loss of control over every aspect of our daily lives. These officials have never been voted for and are totally outside of the law when it comes to redress. Financial accounting has not been signed off now for 20 years with fraud, corruption and wastage being rife within its institutions.

For yourself, your children, grandchildren and all future generations a NO vote is the only democratic way forward.

Edited by citizenB
Paragraph spaces added

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

Well according to the article above by Vernon Coleman, Britain was taken into the EU illegally as there had been no referendum.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Buckthorne, would you please advise if your post is from an external article, if so please provide a link :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/euillegally.html

Well according to the article above by Vernon Coleman, Britain was taken into the EU illegally as there had been no referendum.

That's a name I haven't heard for a very long time. He used to be a doctor in my home town and was always on the local TV news. Looks like he's diversified since then. :-o

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

buckthorn,

100 % the truth.

Looking forward to being classed as a "Nutter" or some sort of "radical"

The sooner the people of this Country wake up and smell the coffee the better !!!!!!!

Seems people from that other anti EU Forum are being invited onto this forum by a certain long standing member with the usual tin foil hat mentality and FMOTL logic

Nice plagiarism from a Migration Watch article

If you are going to pass off someone work as your own at least have the decency to reference it

That includes links to the statements made, or as usual nothing but bovine excrement based on prejudice, not logic or fact

As usual with these kinds of ramblings, no source material is ever provided to back up the claims made to this negative rhetoric

I will now dissect this piece of garbage piece by piece

So opinion polls say over 50 % want out of the EU?? Try 33%

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/05/05/eu-referendum-lead-12/

You say the UK elite do not want us to have a referendum??

Prove that statement with a link or is it just Opinion.

So then you go on as to Sovereignty??

Parliament will always be sovereign, not the EU. Dicey stated only parliament can make, enact and repeal laws. If Britain ever wished to come out or the EU it only has to repeal the European Communities Act 1972. That Act is the instrument in which EU law is passed into member state national law.

You then state the EU is made up of an army of 30,000 officials?

32,666 employees according to the 2013 fact sheet responsible for half a Billion people.. In the UK alone, there are 2 million UK employees working for Local Authorities covering 64 million people.

You then state our contribution are £55 million a day

What you fail to mention is that contributions are decided on a countries GDP. Not only that our contribution are actually £33 million a day with our rebate

You say the British Government has constantly hidden the true facts from the British People??

Prove it with a source material

Nice rewording of “Sovereignty” at the end which I have already explained to that BS

And those links i have asked to prove your statements are from objective sources. Not Migration watch or a YouTube Blogs etc from the Tin foil hat brigade

• Confused 1

Seems people from that other anti EU Forum are being invited onto this forum by a certain long standing member with the usual tin foil hat mentality and FMOTL logic

Nice plagiarism from a Migration Watch article

If you are going to pass off someone work as your own at least have the decency to reference it

That includes links to the statements made, or as usual nothing but bovine excrement based on prejudice, not logic or fact

As usual with these kinds of ramblings, no source material is ever provided to back up the claims made to this negative rhetoric

If you could look at how many posts this user has made, you will see that he/she cannot post links as yet.

I will now dissect this piece of garbage piece by piece

So opinion polls say over 50 % want out of the EU?? Try 33%

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/05/05/eu-referendum-lead-12/

Prove that statement with a link or is it just Opinion.

Parliament will always be sovereign, not the EU. Dicey stated only parliament can make, enact and repeal laws. If Britain ever wished to come out or the EU it only has to repeal the European Communities Act 1972. That Act is the instrument in which EU law is passed into member state national law.

32,666 employees according to the 2013 fact sheet responsible for half a Billion people.. In the UK alone, there are 2 million UK employees working for Local Authorities covering 64 million people.

What you fail to mention is that contributions are decided on a countries GDP. Not only that our contribution are actually £33 million a day with our rebate

You say the British Government has constantly hidden the true facts from the British People??

Prove it with a source material

Nice rewording of “Sovereignty” at the end which I have already explained to that BS

And those links i have asked to prove your statements are from objective sources. Not Migration watch or a YouTube Blogs etc from the Tin foil hat brigade

I feel you are detracting from this thread. It may be your opinion that the piece is garbage but to openly decry it as so is wrong. Rather than start (yet another) spat, respect anothers opinions and be polite in your responses. I will leave it to you to decide whether to use the edit option.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It is i object to overt propaganda with no facts, substance or links to support a persons opinions, and to try and pass those opinions off as fact

"Tell a lie often enough people will believe it to be true"

I have no object to your challenging anyone but do so with respect, not by using antagonistic words.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would just like to say I have never even heard of Vernon Colman, but now that you have provide me with

a link and I have read his article, I may go and purchase his book as I think he talks a lot of common sense.

Isn’t it strange one person says Colman and another accuses me of plagiarism from migration watch, I wish

you would make up your minds which it is to be.

My sources of information are :-

The News on BBC & ITV

News Papers, The Mail-Guardian-The Mirror-The Times-other journals.

Political broadcasts-News night-PMQ’s

The Internet-The European Parliament.

Bulletins from Brussels-UK Independence News

Plus any other source that I can get hold of, and if you like information given out by migration watch.

At the end of the day I make up my own mind, so no links.

CWK I take offence at this statement:-

As usual with these kinds of ramblings, no source material is ever provided to back up the claims made to this negative rhetoric.

If you cannot discuss anything in a civilised manner without throwing insults then I think you must be a very sad person.

I would not think of criticizing you for what you believe in, all I have done is to provide members with facts, whether you wish to

believe it is your prerogative. You must make up your own mind.?

In answer to questions .!

will now dissect this piece of garbage piece by piece(what you said)

So opinion polls say over 50 % want out of the EU?? Try 33% you information u.gov.

There will always be differing opinion polls, look at what happened during the general election most of the polls were wrong, and you gov

was no different to any of the others in their predictions.

Try watching the news, and reading the press Labour and the Lib/Dems have stated this fact, it is also reported that even Osbourne tried to

get Cameron not to have a referendum

Cabinet papers pre-1970 show the Heath government to have had full knowledge of the EEC being a long-term plan for a unitary European State

with its own currency; but the fact were suppressed by this and succeeding governments with the deliberate intention of keeping the nation in the dark.

“surrender of sovereignty”

On 14th December 1960 the Lord Chancellor, Lord Kilmuir, Britain’s senior legal officer, warned

Edward Heath of the implications of signing the Treaty of Rome:

“To satisfy the requirements of the treaty, Parliament could enact legislation which would give automatic force of law to any existing or future regulations

made by…the Community…So it is clear that the Council of Ministers could eventually make regulations which would be binding on us even against our wishes…

This was the first step on the road which leads…to a federal state…in my view the surrender of sovereignty involved are serious ones.

Edward Heath’s 1971 White Paper on joining the EEC deceived Parliament and people with its false statements that “there is no question of any erosion of

essential national sovereignty”, and that Britain’s sovereignty would somehow be “enlarged” by “sharing”.

Parliament will always be sovereign, not the EU. Dicey stated only parliament can make, enact and repeal laws. If Britain ever wished to come out or the EU

it only has to repeal the European Communities Act 1972. That Act is the instrument in which EU law is passed into member state national law.

It does not even have to repeal the Act in my opinion all we have to do is to stop giving them billions of pounds we would soon be out.

32,666 employees according to the 2013 fact sheet responsible for half a Billion people…I don’t think anybody can really know you could be right you could be way out,

I don’t think even Brussels’s knows how many work there it so no matter what it is always going to be a gesstimate In the UK alone, there are 2 million

UK employees working for Local Authorities covering 64 million people.

What you fail to mention is that contributions are decided on a countries GDP. Not only that our contribution are actually £33 million a day with our rebate we wouldn’t

have to give them anything if we got out.

It is i object to overt propaganda with no facts, substance or links to support a persons opinions, and to try and pass those opinions off as fact

"Tell a lie often enough people will believe it to be true"

Well said.

I recently had an argument with a guy at my brothers chalet in France, he seemed to forget that its a two way street, he was moaning about EU 'forgeigners' working in Uk whilst staying in a British run chalet, served by a brit chef and no doubt most bike shops and bars he went into served by UK staff. How many thousands of Brits take advantage of EU law by working abroad ? Do they think this will be allowed to continue if we leave the EU ?