style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

a man saying he was bailiff came to my house this morning for my nephew who lived next door

the lady who lives there sent him to my home

I just opened the window and he asked for my nephew

I said he didn't live here and he said he had been told different.

i told him no he didn't and to do checks that he doesn't this should confirm that he doesn't

they started asking me for my name etc and said he would take my car

this is in my name told him

i would call the police if he didn't get off my property (i own my home ) he said he would be back.

i am scared to open the windows my little girl was a little frightened i did ask him for a card

but he quickly showed me his badge but not his name.

what can they do can he or anyone else entre my home while i am out or even in with my daughter.

My son stopped last night as he has broken his elbow yesterday so he went to the window

and the man started asking questions the man obviously thought it was my nephew.

i am scared to go out now just in case they break into my home.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras added

If the EA has a valid warrant it can only be executed at the premise that is named on it. They can make enquiries' but not force entry to your home, unless this is for a Court fine and the debtor lives with you...

I was going to alert the site team but they are now present

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Is your nephew cohabiting with the woman?, did the bailiff say what company he was from, and what the debt was for. As to the car, if your nephew isn't on the V5 or the insurance the bailiff can go whistle, but he may well try to take it unless you give proof if the surname is the same.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

As MM says if the warrant is to next door he cannot enforce at your property, however be careful regarding the car, he may chance his arm on that if he is silly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hello my surname is different and my nephew left the property next door 6 months ago after he and his girlfriend broke up

A new tenant moved in to this property 4 months ago

my car is in my sole name and my nephew has never been on my insurance (my nephew cannot drive)

my nephew did live part time this was over 3 years ago but then he moved into the rented property next door with his girlfriend

he does not live with me and has no bills etc at my address

the man didn't say what it was for but just gave my nephews name

Unless you saw the ID of the person this could be a DCA trying it on. Ask your nephew if he has had a fine recently, this may shed some light on it. Also if he was unaware of the case the are remedies available to him. You will need to get more information first, then update your thread for further advice...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.