style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moving house 1 month before end of policy.

1. ME: "Hi, moving house etc looking to switch policy over only have one month left.

2. KF: "£30 admin fee please"

3. ME: "That's over half the price of my 1 year policy and then I have to renew 3 weeks later?

4. KF: "......."

5. "I'll go with someone else and let this policy ride out" (KF gets one month pay for free!)

6. KF: "That will be £30 for cancelling early"

7. ME: "I'll let it ride out, I am not paying £30 for nothing, I will have overpaid for a month anyway."

8. KF: "Well now you've told me your moving I am putting a note on your account and you'll be forced to pay either way otherwise we'll send debt collectors around".

9. ME: "Send the debt collectors around....."

To KF, Thanks KF for rewarding customers who try to stay loyal, want to renew with you and come to you first to take a new policy when they move home. Would not recommend, especially if you rent and moves happen. Your mob mentality doesn't sit right with my own values....

Silly, but actually, nothing technically wrong in what they have said. The fees are to cover admin costs and nothing to do with what premium you had paid. You cannot insure something you no longer have interest in.. Many people in this situation realise the score before they make the phone call and just let the old policy on the previous address lapse from renewal or ask to cancel from renewal. They set up a new policy for their new address from the relevant date.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write to them saying your move has now been delayed for month and that you will continue the policy through to its conclusion :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.