X4L / Harlands / C.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I signed up for an X4L membership on the 25th January using an online offer of no admin fee, no sign up fee and first month free.

I signed up on a Sunday and read the T&C's that I could cancel up to 14 days after signing up if I didn't use my code.

A week later before going I was made redundant in my job.

I went into the X4L website and sent a message telling them I would like to cancel my membership as I had been made redundant.

I received no emails or phone calls back from them.

Now on 9th April I got a letter through from Harlands chasing up for £94.98 due to missed payments.

I emailed Harlands asking them to explain the charges.

They said I missed payments and were also adding admin fees on top of this.

They said I missed payments in both February and March and were adding 3 admin charges on top of that.

The letter I received in April was the first I had heard from Harlands.

I ignored this email and emailed X4L directly but to no avail.

I have since received a letter from C.R.S adding £70 to the total taking it up to £265.

Bear in mind, the last figure they gave me was £94.98.

Throughout this time I have been unemployed so would have not been able to pay this money.

I also broke my hand on the 15th March so would have been unable to attend the gym at this time!

I have since found employment and start on the 18th May.

Should I pay the £265 that they are chasing me for?

I have not set a foot inside the gym and I am getting charged this ridiculous amount!

Any advice would be much appreciated

moved you to the gym forum

have a read here

you certainly should never ever pay any admin fees.

they are un-enforceable and unlawful.

you were within the 14 days cancel period too

do you still have copy of the email you sent?

just remember a DCA IS NOT A BAILIF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved you to the gym forum

have a read here

you certainly should never ever pay any admin fees.

they are un-enforceable and unlawful.

you were within the 14 days cancel period too

do you still have copy of the email you sent?

just remember a DCA IS NOT A BAILIF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

Hi again

Thanks for taking the time to reply

No I don't have a copy as I stupidly sent it on there website using the enquiry form. I could not find an email address on there website

Hahahahahaha, trying to extort money with menaces that you don't owe!

Keep a diary of events, but you owe nothing in all honesty,

if you used their form on their webpage then they know that you cancelled, if they claim otherwise, then the FCA will

come down on them harder, hopefully!

Heres their address, http://www.xercise4less.co.uk/contacts

Lodge a complaint with the FCA too... http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi EK and welcome to CAG

Please don't even THINK of paying Harlands/CRS a penny for now. They will tell you that you owe this, that and the other. They will tell you you will incur admin fees if you don't pay up. They will threaten court action ...........

............. but they usually do nothing at all because they have no powers or authority.

Can you work out the exact or rough date you sent the cancellation to X4L on their website, so we know how long this was after you joined.

The hand injury is not relevant. The redundancy may not be relevant if you cancelled within the 14 days.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick

I have worked out that I joined on the 25th January and cancelled via there website on the 7th February.

I know it was the 7th as it was the day after being made redundant.

Just to add, I have been receiving 2/3 calls from C.R.S daily on both my mobile and home number. They have left message on the answer phone at home as well

I have still not paid a penny.

Hi EK,

Have you kept a log of all calls, texts, etc from Harlands/CRS ?

Letter to Harlands :-

I refer to payment demand letters received from Harlands/CRS and to numerous calls being made by phone. I am keeping a log of all contacts from you in case a formal complaint is necessary.

I require that you stop harassing me by phone and keep all communication in writing only.

When I first signed up on the Xercise4Less website, the T&C's said I could cancel within 14 days.

I was made redundant shortly after, so cancelled via the gym website 13 days after joining.

You therefore have no right to make demands for payment. If you persist, your actions will be reported to Trading Standards.

Get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send this letter.

Keep us posted :-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi EK,

Have you kept a log of all calls, texts, etc from Harlands/CRS ?

Letter to Harlands :-

I refer to payment demand letters received from Harlands/CRS and to numerous calls being made by phone. I am keeping a log of all contacts from you in case a formal complaint is necessary.

I require that you stop harassing me by phone and keep all communication in writing only.

When I first signed up on the Xercise4Less website, the T&C's said I could cancel within 14 days.

I was made redundant shortly after, so cancelled via the gym website 13 days after joining.

You therefore have no right to make demands for payment. If you persist, your actions will be reported to Trading Standards.

Get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send this letter.

Keep us posted :-)

Hi guys

Just a quick update.

I done as you said I was to do as above and since then I have not heard any word back. No email, phone call or letter from any CRS or anything

Is this normal or should I be worried ?

Also just to add, I received a voicemail from X4L asking to get I contact about signing up after my friend referred me to them when he joined ? Does this mean anything?

Certainly wouldn't worry about not hearing anything.

Could be they're waking up to the fact that they can't do anything.

I wouldn't be ringing them up either.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Generally, no news is good news.

However, experience with this outfit suggests that you may not have heard the last from Harlands/CRS, Zinc or Majorlaw (pet solicitors).

:-)