Discussion about hightail's father

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My elderly father takes about five minutes to get out of his car and walk, with a stick, to a pay point in most car parks.

He doesn't qualify as disabled because his lack of mobility is deemed purely age related, nor would he wish to.

He has suffered the attentions of an over zealous attendant, in fact I'm fairly sure they rub their hands in glee when they see such a victim.

I'd imagine it would take about the same length of time for a young, fit adult to get a child into a pushchair

and make their way to a pay machine - or should we leave babies in cars to ensure we complete the speed test in time?

My elderly father takes about five minutes to get out of his car and walk, with a stick, to a pay point in most car parks. He doesn't qualify as disabled because his lack of mobility is deemed purely age related, nor would he wish to.

I think he might qualify. The criteria is not whether the mobility problems are age-related, it whether the applicant is able to comfortably walk 50m unaided. It has to be a permanent condition, which aging of course is. Many elderly people have Blue Badges.

I think he might qualify. The criteria is not whether the mobility problems are age-related, it whether the applicant is able to comfortably walk 50m unaided. It has to be a permanent condition, which aging of course is. Many elderly people have Blue Badges

Been told it has to be a permanent disability, not just the normal conditions of aging.

Guys, could we keep this thread on track about the OP's problem please? Hopefully we'll have some useful information soon.

Hightail, if you wish to discuss your father's problems, you're very welcome to start a thread about him.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think he might qualify. The criteria is not whether the mobility problems are age-related, it whether the applicant is able to comfortably walk 50m unaided. It has to be a permanent condition, which aging of course is. Many elderly people have Blue Badges

Been told it has to be a permanent disability, not just the normal conditions of aging.

Well, I'm certain that's wrong. Maybe start a new thread to discuss further, but I used to issue them myself to elderly people. The criteria is ability to walk, nothing more.

Going from memory, I think that ""Chronic illness" is also mentioned, isn't it?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!